[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread

sledgebeast

Feb 23, 2014
I see what you mean about the Battery & Back Cover on most brands now.
I would probably have to go with some Obscure Brand to get all that like a Wiko Ride
I Don't want a weird brand which might bite me in the rear in some other way.

As luck would have it I was talking to my mom today about the 3g Shutdown...
In Fact she is the one who gave me her old S3 I am using atm.
I was telling her how their about to can all these older phones.
We were discussing due to this how many millions more phones would end of at the
bottom of the Ocean sad to say. When she explained to me how she
had cracked the edge of here S7 Edge and got a new phone a while back and it
actually still works. And that I yet again could have her old Phone. Again!
LOL

Last edited:

konikpk

Aug 30, 2010
Pezinok
Hi all

i performing phone change. Today i have Mi Note 10 Lite. I was really OK with battery, photo, performance. Im not playing games. I need all day on strava , GPS etc.
Now i wandering about Mi11T Pro , OnePlus 9 Pro.
I look about pixel 6 but this slow charge, and start problem i forget it.

Have any advise in this two?
Or any other aroung 600-700e?

PartyCrasher93

Jul 28, 2015
Hello everyone. I have dilemma. I currently have OnePlus 8T but I am thinking of returning and taking the Realme GT Neo 2. I mainly want a good display, battery and speaker. What should I do?

JamesCaywood

Jan 22, 2013
Wichita Falls
Anyone know a new android smartphone to root for Verizon carrier ? I got this galaxy note 9 sm-n960u long time ago and found out it couldn't be rooted bc the secure knox or some **** and didn't want to make that mistake again I would prefer a really new phone not one thats 2 to 3 years old to root

AngryWeirdo

Oct 6, 2014
Howdy friends!

I could use your help. I am currently sitting on exynos S8 and loving it. However, due to 3G shutdown international Samsung phones will no longer work on At&T network. I talked to a rep which told me that if I buy a Samsung Galaxy from EU/Asia it will not work in US starting next February.
That being said, could you please let me know which phone(s) received most modding support from the last couple years? I am mainly looking for root access and ability to install custom roms. Specs do not matter that much.
Many thanks!

Adeelnm

May 6, 2021
Go for redmi 9t or any other smartphone in similar range? Say 25000 to max 30000 pkr or $225-$240.
Previously used nexus 5x for 4 years. Only apps that I used were gardenscapes, wordscapes, quora, YouTube, WhatsApp and maybe 2-4 more.
I have no issue with battery capacity but it must be greater than nexus 5x

Last edited:
Reactions: GeniusTechman20
Jan 12, 2022
Go for redmi 9t or any other smartphone in similar range? Say 25000 to max 30000 pkr or $225-$240.
Previously used nexus 5x for 4 years. Only apps that I used were gardenscapes, wordscapes, quora, YouTube, WhatsApp and maybe 2-4 more.
I have no issue with battery capacity but it must be greater than nexus 5x
How was the nexus like to use? I always wondered that lol

Adeelnm

May 6, 2021
How was the nexus like to use? I always wondered that lol
It was extremely great. I always preferred nexus devices over others.
Camera, display, gaming, social media apps and almost everything else worked fine. Right now, I am not selling it etc because my father wanted a phone with big screen. So I handed it over to him and he is quite satisfied with it.
Same case with me too. I owned nexus 6p for 3 years before switching.

Reactions: GeniusTechman20

joelfinkle

Dec 22, 2011
So what is there in 2022 that's small in the Android universe?
I look at the "best small phones" articles and they all tout the iPhones and phones with 6"+ screens.
My wife is looking for something that fits in a pants pocket, her current phone is 149mm high (Nokia 7.1 but it has USB socket issues), and that's pretty much the max, if not too big.
Her biggest requirement is a microSD slot (wants to keep all our music local), and the size. US T-Mo bands.
Flagship specs not needed, gaming-oriented not needed.
The Galaxy Flip would be ideal if it were 1/3 the price.

CassanRoz

Feb 6, 2022
Hi,
I'm trying to find a sort of "rare bird".

- it should be able to be rooted: I had bad experiment with android limitation in the past. /e/, lineageOS, etc.: perfect.
-it should be rugged. I'm kinda clumsy so a phone in my hand is expected to fall often, screen first, eventually fall in mud or water or even be washed with soap... I do hiking too. I hate the idea of having my screen broken too easily
-it should be under 300€/350$. I may add a bit (100€) to that but only if it's worth it. Not very rich those days :D

Stuff I don't care : making high quality pics, neither do I care if it's heavy, bulky, ugly etc.
I don't care if it has a good sound quality, in fact related to sound quality I better trade it for sound volume: I'm a bit deaf. Same for color accuracy: I'll trade it for being able to view my screen in full daylight.

Thanks for advice.

Ah, and sorry for English language mistakes, it's not my native language.

John Fleming

Feb 7, 2022
Personally I prefer Apple iPhones, as they are really modern, stylish and work well. I love the camera quality, ease of usage and regular updates. You can choose one for your budget, but all of them are nice to my mind

Last edited:

kingdave82

Nov 13, 2011
I have a trusty old Moto G6 which I currently use for work, however work are moving us over to Mobile 365 and that needs to have shipped with a minimum of Android 8.1, but also must currently be running at least Android 10, to run. Its a pain in the arse!

I use an S21 Ultra as my daily, but there are 2 reasons I don't really want to be running work stuff on a personal device
  1. Its my device, and I don't see why I should. I want to keep work and home separate and the work profile on the phone isn't enough
  2. For M365 to work I need to have Play Protect enabled, however Play Protect will kill an app I rely on to live (literally live, not figuratively) at 2am, every single morning, if I have it turned on
And since my work won't supply, fund, subsidise a phone, I'm looking for recommendations.

• It needs to have shipped with at least Android 8.1, AND currently be running Android 10+
  • I don't care about camera/photo quality for this device
  • It needs to be fairly snappy (I've had dirt cheap Android phones before and they were awful - Moto E3 possibly? It was near impossible to open an app) but not necessarily flagship quality
  • Decent all day battery life needed
  • Preferably not too skinned, or as close to stock Android as possible
  • As cheap as possible, but ideally under £120 if possible

Any recommendations?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App
    For sure Samsung Galaxy S3

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
    Asus Padfone for me!
    Not sure yet, but seeing as my HTC has had its life dramatically extended by HTC unlocking bootloader for thier devices and so making it much easier to root and mod I am finding it difficult to find a complelling reason to move from HTC
    Probably the Galaxy S3. Hopefully we'll see an updated Note later in the year.