[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread

Christogq

May 17, 2007
Houston
Hey yall I'm coming from Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Looking for a phone around the same size and specs but mainly unlockable bootloader as I dearly miss flashing roms.

Eastends

Dec 28, 2022
Greetings guys , i am kinda lost , on whats the next phone i should get. i currently have a LG V20 H915 converted to US996 , what i enjoy about the phone is screen size , i can go bigger not smaller, also love the convenience of the IR blaster, expandable memory , removable battert 3.5mm head phone jack.

But most importantly i am intolerant to ads my current phone in on a custom rom, with ad way , vanced youtube, and altough these are failing i would like to be able to customize my phone to remove as much ads as much as possible.

Knowing how each android release gets tougher to crack i dont know where to start.

Any help is appreciated.

Also my Carrier is Rogers in Canada

i can get a pixel 6A , 7 , 7 pro , samsung s22, s21fe , motorola edge 2022 or 2021 through them .

Last edited:

ramharb

Sep 4, 2013
i d definitely go for iphone this time around, if only they had a stylus, im gotten sick mad of android not having the same smooth animations and transitions in instagram and facebook, both these applications are made for iphone hands down, it s not good to browse instagram on android, it s not smooth , and there s no animation smoothness whatsoever, they need to fix this man

ostvarivanje2021

Dec 4, 2020
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have OnePlus 8 Pro as my primary device and the OnePlus 7 Pro as my secondary device.
Thinking to buy a new device having the new device as primary and the OnePlus 8 Pro as secondary.
What should I buy better in camera and in general performance and hardware with active development (custom roms) compared to OnePlus 8 Pro so it can be considering as an update.
For now Pixel is not supported in Greece.

LucasBS1

May 6, 2015
Hello

I'm having trouble finding a cheap chinese tablet that meets some criteria:

- Must have GPS
- Must support TWRP (official, even better)
- At least 3GB of RAM
- SD Card support
- Must be found on chinese sites like Aliexpress (preferrable). Thing is, it must be "global".

Optionals:
- (somewhat important) one that allows me to flash ROM and related via fastboot instead of some dark tool.
- (low importance) one that has a ROM somewhat available on the internet

Can anyone make a recommendation ?

Hello

Still looking for this.
Doesn't have to be chinese anymore (never had to, actually), but must be somewhat cheap...

The alternative was to find branded used tablets with that setup, but it's not happening. Only new, expensive ones, or unreliable/remanufactured.

Messaiga

Apr 11, 2019
Looking to purchase a phone with a strong development scene because I want to learn more about android development and programming in general. My budget is $200 second-hand, and it absolutely must be a device with a Qualcomm SOC, bootloader unlockable, rootable, with strong preference given to Samsung, Google, or OnePlus devices.

Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts