• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[discussion] Which Oreo ROM are you running and why

Search This thread

manishdev

Oct 30, 2011
Yes. Very good after few hours :laugh:
Smooth, fast, nice customization.... very good work!
Hows it compared to NOs? I need my phone for daily usage so wnt prefer unstable Roms. NOs is better than OOs. I might give Omni a try but similar features between Omni and NOs don't give me forceful reasons to jump.

RKBD

Jun 20, 2016
koszalin
Has any body tried the new RR 8.1 rom if yes how it doing with you so far .
its actually pretty good and battery isn't bad but is slow because of unstable LOS base.
I'm hater of RR but as oreo is not bad as like on nougat (but still ui sucks).
blur option and center clock is my fav feature and i don't need any other and also pie from aospa is working fine here too.
amazing bootanimation but with one small bug what triggering me. (one circle in one second is cut)
one big plus is i don't need install to have dark gray icons instead of eye hurting black one on navbar

Reactions: reco1

reco1

May 12, 2011
cairo
Z unleashed . It gives me a better battery life.

I am currently also on z unleashed it has some good features coupled with good battery , but I feel it kind of down in the performance side .

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20180210-190837.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180210-190837.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 431
Reactions: drmuruga

thanhnvt194

Feb 21, 2015
Vancouver
Currently on liquid with stock kernel ,just replaced all ugly aosp apps with google one by flash stock gapps,pixel launcher and google camera mod. All gestures works. 5-6h battery with greenify. So far so good.

RKBD

Jun 20, 2016
koszalin
i have tested today aoscp and aokp
aoscp has poor battery life and black screen after unlocking (2min holding phone with screen off and then you have black screen after unlocking phone)
aokp camera doesn't works well and have less features than LineageOS.
I'm waiting for z-unleashed or aosp extended with blur option.( i love this option on oreo looks amazing. I have tried it on rr but design in RR sucks example: power menu icons and other bad themed icons in rr control)
also I'm sad because my favorite rom NOS have now worst battery life
from 8h sot to almost 2h :/
i'm afraid of installing Candy rom because of poor design like in all GZOSP roms and poor optimization
so I'm waiting for ROMs updates
can someone gibe me rom with 6h sot (other than AICP because it's have bugged navbar hardware and on screen)

Hw4ng3r

DU 8.1? where it is i can't find it on official site
(I don't can't to build it myself)

Check the "downloads" section of their Google+ page. They are labeled as RC (release candidates). I haven't tried it so I can't comment on it. Don't forget to check out "the supported device page" for proper code names to the various Oneplus devices. And be careful about posting things related to DU on XDA; they do not want this.

RKBD

Jun 20, 2016
koszalin
Check the "downloads" section of their Google+ page. They are labeled as RC (release candidates). I haven't tried it so I can't comment on it. Don't forget to check out "the supported device page" for proper code names to the various Oneplus devices. And be careful about posting things related to DU on XDA; they do not want this.
lmao
i have noticed it long time ago (13 seconds after alex post)
I even did a review here or somewhere else

RKBD

Jun 20, 2016
koszalin
i have tried Pixel experience again and Nos
nos- really poor battery life
almost 1% per 20 seconds

pixel experience- broken totally
i have tried it without gapps and magisk just rom and play store fc I can't fix that by installing gapps or apk from apkmirror.com
navbar is too small and black instead gray one like in pixel
also noticable many gapps doesn't work in this rom
battery life is too poor like in nos

reco1

May 12, 2011
cairo
i have tried Pixel experience again and Nos
nos- really poor battery life
almost 1% per 20 seconds

pixel experience- broken totally
i have tried it without gapps and magisk just rom and play store fc I can't fix that by installing gapps or apk from apkmirror.com
navbar is too small and black instead gray one like in pixel
also noticable many gapps doesn't work in this rom
battery life is too poor like in nos

I was about to jump on nos bus I saw people complaining about battery life , so currently I am thinking of trying either official RR or validus , which one do you think I should try ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm actually running on NOS
    I'm back from cypheros test build because it's have too much bugs 5.1
    Omni doesn't have new brightness slider and color manager and screen recorder so I'm not going to flash it rn (I'm also feel bloated by many useless apps like matlog music app and other omni apps)
    i tried aex, slimm, candy, pixel experience, cosmicos, los 15.1, aicp but they have too much bugs for me (many of them not have system ui crash or system)
    oxygen os as 8.0 is too slow for me i can't even fast type with any kernel on xda for oos (also battery life is bad)
    I'm staying with Omni/NOS until AOSPA or cypheros gets stable enough to use it for daily driver.
    for people who are asking for DU:

DU builds: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dirty-unicorns/files/oneplus3/

I got that from YouTube review video and it's saying not official !
    yes, same here . seems to be a firmware issue . 3t works , 3 doesn't .
    https://plus.google.com/+AlexCruz/posts/XM4tbvw4ZyZ
    patients i guess .
    DU Dev has reuploaded the build working for op3
    How did you find it? This was my favourite on Nougat. Did you test it?
    I was searching for DU Oreo builds to try it out and by luck I found it in the description of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVFrUZ9-Krs (Indian review so I didn't watch it.)
    I am using Omni 8.1 (Build 20171231), no problem, stable enough for daily use. Flashed it with unofficial gapps nano and openbeta29 modem+ firmware package.

Clean flash is recommended, I tried dirty flash from Omni 7 Build 20171129(around this time) and found there were so many weird bugs that shouldn't be there from the first place.

At first, the most difficult thing is to find the unofficial nano gapps for Oreo 8.1 that also must be compatible with Omni 8.1.

Then, there are some applications (on my case, drastic and Firefox) reported some libraries can't be found. "Detected problem with app native libraries ...". It is still running normally though. Firefox crashed sometimes when being used heavily (browsing and switching between windows, maybe just Firefox thing).

PicoTTS kept crashing no matter what I did, so I used Google TTS instead and then remove PicoTTS from TWRP File Manager.

While it feels smoother in Oreo (Omni 8), combining Omni 8.1 with AKT profile (Project Zhana's) did help me to squeeze longer battery life. Omni 8 seemed like it doesn't have init.d support so I just run the profile script manually every boot. (Might be applicable via Tasker? I dunno)

Google camera HDR+ port is running normally and I can use potrait mode (motion photo is disabled as I don't use Google photos, I didn't see any difference between motion photos and normal photos). Back HDR+ is working while front HDR+ and also front potrait mode are broken.

Also, on Omni 8, the customizations are quite limited compared to Omni 7. I am still okay with it though.

Other than that, everything is quite similar.