[DISCUSSION] Wifi drop-out issue on custom roms

Search This thread

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
** SEE THE EBD OF THIS POST FOR A WORKAROUND! **

Hey all,

I'm bringing the discussion from across a few custom rom threads (Havoc etc.) in to one place to hopefully work towards finding a solution. The issue being on custom roms, some users (myself included) experience Wifi disconnecting/reconnecting when the signal is low - when in the same environment, this does not occur on stock OOS. For example, when I'm in my bedroom, on Havoc for example the signal shows itself to be low but will periodically disconnect/reconnect, despite still actually having a connection, albeit weak. As mentioned, this does not occur on stock.

What I've tried/things to consider:

- It was mentioned that someone who flashed he global rom (I'm on EU) didn't experience this issue. However after a full clean flash I unfortunately encountered the same issue. In hindsight, I didn't boot the rom in to OOS before flashing Havoc, would that make a difference? I wouldn't have thought so though.

- The Magisk module Wifi Bonding, which was thought to perhaps help, didn't make a difference

- The dev (@SKULLSHADY) informed me that Havoc has the Wifi config from OOS, so that unfortunately can't be a solution

- Toggling Wifi scan throttling in developer settings made no difference. Though on this point, it's almost like the custom rom - annoyingly only for some users - is detecting a weak connection and switching to mobile data, despite still having a connection. Like it's got a threshold of what signal strength should be, realises it hasn't, cuts it off but then reconnects.

I've attached a log of when the issue occurs. I'm no expert and don't have a clue what to look for (perhaps someone else does?) but one thing I noticed was this bit upon the disconnection:

04-02 17:43:06.429 I/BugleRcsEngine(6806): [383] uzw.d: Connected state: [1], networkType: [WIFI] 04-02 17:43:06.954 I/WifiHAL (1046): event received NL80211_CMD_VENDOR, vendor_id = 0x1374, subcmd = 0xd 04-02 17:43:08.958 I/WifiHAL (1046): event received NL80211_CMD_VENDOR, vendor_id = 0x1374, subcmd = 0xd 04-02 17:43:10.968 I/WifiHAL (1046): event received NL80211_CMD_VENDOR, vendor_id = 0x1374, subcmd = 0xd 04-02 17:43:13.362 I/WifiHAL (1046): event received NL80211_CMD_VENDOR, vendor_id = 0x1374, subcmd = 0xd 04-02 17:43:13.990 D/ConnectivityService(1667): Lingering NetworkAgentInfo [WIFI () - 150] for 30000ms 04-02 17:43:13.993 D/ConnectivityService(1667): Sending DISCONNECTED broadcast for type 1 NetworkAgentInfo [WIFI () - 150] isDefaultNetwork=true 04-02 17:43:18.604 D/QCNEJ/WlanStaInfoRelay(2492): Received action: android.net.wifi.RSSI_CHANGED

So with my absolute amateur analytical observation here, I note the below as perhaps relevant to the disconnection:

"android.net.wifi.RSSI_CHANGED"

After Googling this, I came across the following Reddit page:

[url]https://amp.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/ccezew/intent_received_context_no_longer_working/[/URL]

They talk of "signal strength verification" - which perhaps is what's going on here as in when further away from the router, something is going and resulting on WiFi disconnecting/reconnecting just because the signal is low, despite still having signal. However, this may or may not be of relevance - I don't have a clue! Lol

There's also this:

D/ConnectivityService(1667): Switching to new default network

Though unsure why its disconnecting in the first place...

So in my humble summary, its like something at some level is monitoring signal strength and disconnecting/reconnecting as the result. But I could be completely wrong. I recall it mainly doing so when further from the router but I'm sure it had a couple times too when very close to it.

I just really wanna solve this issue and seemingly if we can, it could possibly fix it for all custom roms that face this WiFi issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: This issue seemingly is NOT present on the new CarbonROM!!! So whatever the difference is in terms of settings or source code, this rom does no suffer with the Wifi drop out issue!!

WORK AROUND :

Just wanted to update that I'm nicely settled in Havoc now. A workaround was found that when mobile data is disabled, the WiFi doesn't disconnect!

Therefore you can either manually toggle this, or I'm using Macrodroid to automate mobile data enabling upon WiFi disconnect and disable up on WiFi reconnect, via a Macro. I've even used The Data Disabled Icon in Havoc to hide the fact that mobile data is disabled, as that little cross in the icon was bugging me lol

I did test without disabling data for a while yesterday and whilst it did still cut out every now and then, it really is only when signal was quite low. Still though, I'm really liking this workaround as I'd manually toggle WiFi anyway when at home or leaving, so in ways, this workaround is perfect and doesn't present an issue, as such, to me any more.

Attachments

• 2020-04-02-17-44-05.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
I've had this issue since early 10 custom ROMs in late 2019. Wi-Fi was working just fine on Pie custom ROMs.

I also had a Nexus 6P before with Pie custom ROMs, same house, same router, same location, no issue.

As stated in OP, Wi-Fi is perfectly stable on OxygenOS at the same location in the house.

As far as I'm concerned, signal strength is "Poor" on custom ROMs and either "Fair" or "Good" on OxygenOS. I guess Wi-Fi signal is weaker on custom ROMs than on OOS but it shouldn't disconnect.

ROMs I've flashed with the issue:

• Bliss
  • crDroid
  • EvolutionX
  • HavocOS
  • MSM Xtended
  • CarbonROM
  • Potato Open Sauce Project
  • Paranoid Android
  • Omni Treskmod

Kernels I've used/flashed (doesn't make any difference):

• Smurf
  • Kirisakura
  • Whatever kernels that came with the ROMs above mentioned

Other things that were suggested that I've tried:

• Using static MAC address instead of randomized in device Wi-Fi settings
  • Switching to Google or Cloudflare DNS in my router settings

Wi-Fi would drop very often and I had to wait for about 30 seconds before it reconnects, so I went back to stock OxygenOS for now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200429-015519.jpg
    Screenshot_20200429-015519.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Reactions: cd993

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
From CarbonROM thread:

Just to give you a heads up flashing global oos prior will not help I'm in the USA and I now after one month have started having the wifi drop out issue now for 26 hours and 5 different roms including this one I've only found one without the issue and it's Omni tresksmod I really thought I was the lucky one that never had the issue guess I was wrong .

So both Omni and Carbon wouldn't have the issue?

Last edited:

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
Technically if all these devs would realize stop using lineage os as there base are items from lineageos like there kernel these things wouldn't happen Omni treskmod uses redflare kernel but that's just my thought on this .

Well, the vast majority of users don't seem to have the issue, including those who use a LOS based custom ROM (crDroid for instance). Wi-Fi breaking every couple of minutes is a real PITA, we would have many more reports in OnePlus 7 Pro forums if it was a widespread issue.

Regarding whether it's kernel related or not, I don't know, maybe. As I said in my previous post, I tried many different kernels and it didn't make any difference.

Carbon is based on AOSP and as far as I know, Omni is based on OxygenOS. Since the issue doesn't occur on stock OxygenOS, Wi-Fi is probably just as stable on Omni (didn't try it so I can't tell). Maybe the difference between Carbon and others AOSP based ROMs that results in stable Wi-Fi would be the kernel then?

I might try Carbon later to see if Wi-Fi is actually stable, I'm a bit tired of clean flashing right now. Carbon doesn't have enough custom features for me so I'm not going to keep it anyway. Same for Omni.

Last edited:
Reactions: musicman5844

musicman5844

Jan 27, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well, the vast majority of users don't seem to have the issue, including those who use a LOS based custom ROM (crDroid for instance). Wi-Fi breaking every couple of minutes is a real PITA, we would have many more reports in OnePlus 7 Pro forums if it was a widespread issue.

Regarding whether it's kernel related or not, I don't know, maybe. As I said in my previous post, I tried many different kernels and it didn't make any difference.

Carbon is based on AOSP and as far as I know, Omni is based on OxygenOS. Since the issue doesn't occur on stock OxygenOS, Wi-Fi is probably just as stable on Omni (didn't try it so I can't tell). Maybe the difference between Carbon and others AOSP based ROMs that results in stable Wi-Fi would be the kernel then?

I might try Carbon later to see if Wi-Fi is actually stable, I'm a bit tired of clean flashing right now. Carbon doesn't have enough custom features for me so I'm not going to keep it anyway. Same for Omni.
https://treskmod.ru/

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Also mokee don't have that issue and we are working on aicp for op7 op7pro op7tpro and at some point op8pro

Reactions: Toutatis_

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
https://treskmod.ru/

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Also mokee don't have that issue and we are working on aicp for op7 op7pro op7tpro and at some point op8pro

Thanks, I didn't know about Treskmod and MoKee. I might give them a try as well.

Links for those who would be interested:

Indeed, AICP website lists guacamole but there isn't any build yet. Will test too!

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
I flashed a couple of other ROMs today.

• CarbonROM (CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-WEEKLY-guacamole-20200424-1620.zip): Wi-Fi disconnected during the initial setup / once more ~5 minutes later / once more ~10 minutes later @cd993
  • Potato Open Sauce Project (potato_guacamole-10-20200413-croquette.v3.1.7+12.Community.zip): Wi-Fi disconnected during the initial setup / once more ~5 minutes later
  • Paranoid Android (pa-quartz-2-oneplus7pro-20200425-release.zip): Wi-Fi disconnected during the initial setup / once more ~10 minutes later
  • Omni Treskmod (omni-10-20200414-oneplus7pro-treskmod.zip) : Wi-Fi disconnected about 10 minutes after the initial setup was complete
  • MoKee: I flashed a nightly build (MK100.0-guacamole-202005020704-NIGHTLY.zip) and got stuck into a boot loop for some reasons. I'm not going to flash latest stable release (MK90.0-guacamole-200425-RELEASE.zip) since it's based on Pie anyway (never had Wi-Fi issues on Pie ROMs).

Sounds like anything but OxygenOS won't work for me.

Edit: My flash steps just in case (using OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.25_OTA_025_all_2003270113_4588ebe57af551.zip as base, also tried Open Beta 11 a few weeks ago to no avail)

1. Boot to TWRP
  2. Format Data
  3. Reboot to TWRP
  4. Flash OOS, ROM, TWRP
  5. Reboot TWRP
  6. Flash OOS, ROM, TWRP
  7. Reboot TWRP
  8. Flash GApps (pico package, also tried nano package in the past) except for Paranoid Android and Omni Treskmod because they have built-in GApps, - Magisk
  9. Reboot System

All ROMs md5 checksums were correct.

Last edited:

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I flashed a couple of other ROMs today.

CarbonROM (CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-WEEKLY-guacamole-20200424-1620.zip): Wi-Fi disconnected during the initial setup / once more ~5 minutes later / once more ~10 minutes later @cd993
Potato Open Sauce Project (potato_guacamole-10-20200413-croquette.v3.1.7+12.Community.zip): Wi-Fi disconnected during the initial setup / once more ~5 minutes later
Paranoid Android (pa-quartz-2-oneplus7pro-20200425-release.zip): Wi-Fi disconnected during the initial setup / once more ~10 minutes later
Omni Treskmod (omni-10-20200414-oneplus7pro-treskmod.zip) : Wi-Fi disconnected about 10 minutes after the initial setup was complete
MoKee: I flashed a nightly build (MK100.0-guacamole-202005020704-NIGHTLY.zip) and got stuck into a boot loop for some reasons. I'm not going to flash latest stable release (MK90.0-guacamole-200425-RELEASE.zip) since it's based on Pie anyway (never had Wi-Fi issues on Pie ROMs).

Sounds like anything but OxygenOS won't work for me.

Edit: My flash steps just in case (using OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.25_OTA_025_all_2003270113_4588ebe57af551.zip as base, also tried Open Beta 11 a few weeks ago to no avail)

Boot to TWRP
Format Data
Reboot to TWRP
Flash OOS, ROM, TWRP
Reboot TWRP
Flash OOS, ROM, TWRP
Reboot TWRP
Flash GApps (pico package, also tried nano package in the past) except for Paranoid Android and Omni Treskmod because they have built-in GApps, - Magisk
Reboot System

All ROMs md5 checksums were correct.

Thanks for the post. Really hope someone with the technical knowledge can look at the logs and get to the bottom of this!

Did y'all try unselecting mobile data always on in dev options. Also maybe try MSM tool to Android 10. On the Pixel 3 / 3XL some had issues with sensors not working properly having to revert to pie to fix issue sorta sounds like what could be happening to some here. Or might need to pull build.props from stock and a custom ROM. From system and vendor to eye ball the differences might find some extra data or wifi props from stock that ain't there on custom roms. Also try flashing the persist.img after flashing the ROM helped some on the pixels

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Hey all,

I'm bringing the discussion from across a few custom rom threads (Havoc etc.) in to one place to hopefully work towards finding a solution. The issue being on custom roms, some users (myself included) experience Wifi disconnecting/reconnecting when the signal is low - when in the same environment, this does not occur on stock OOS. For example, when I'm in my bedroom, on Havoc for example the signal shows itself to be low but will periodically disconnect/reconnect, despite still actually having a connection, albeit weak. As mentioned, this does not occur on stock.

- It was mentioned that someone who flashed he global rom (I'm on EU) didn't experience this issue. However after a full clean flash I unfortunately encountered the same issue. In hindsight, I didn't boot the rom in to OOS before flashing Havoc, would that make a difference? I wouldn't have thought so though.

- The Magisk module Wifi Bonding, which was thought to perhaps help, didn't make a difference

- The dev (@SKULLSHADY) informed me that Havoc has the Wifi config from OOS, so that unfortunately can't be a solution

- Toggling Wifi scan throttling in developer settings made no difference. Though on this point, it's almost like the custom rom - annoyingly only for some users - is detecting a weak connection and switching to mobile data, despite still having a connection. Like it's got a threshold of what signal strength should be, realises it hasn't, cuts it off but then reconnects.

I've attached a log of when the issue occurs. I'm no expert and don't have a clue what to look for (perhaps someone else does?) but one thing I noticed was this bit upon the disconnection:

04-02 17:43:06.429 I/BugleRcsEngine(6806): [383] uzw.d: Connected state: [1], networkType: [WIFI] 04-02 17:43:06.954 I/WifiHAL (1046): event received NL80211_CMD_VENDOR, vendor_id = 0x1374, subcmd = 0xd 04-02 17:43:08.958 I/WifiHAL (1046): event received NL80211_CMD_VENDOR, vendor_id = 0x1374, subcmd = 0xd 04-02 17:43:10.968 I/WifiHAL (1046): event received NL80211_CMD_VENDOR, vendor_id = 0x1374, subcmd = 0xd 04-02 17:43:13.362 I/WifiHAL (1046): event received NL80211_CMD_VENDOR, vendor_id = 0x1374, subcmd = 0xd 04-02 17:43:13.990 D/ConnectivityService(1667): Lingering NetworkAgentInfo [WIFI () - 150] for 30000ms 04-02 17:43:13.993 D/ConnectivityService(1667): Sending DISCONNECTED broadcast for type 1 NetworkAgentInfo [WIFI () - 150] isDefaultNetwork=true 04-02 17:43:18.604 D/QCNEJ/WlanStaInfoRelay(2492): Received action: android.net.wifi.RSSI_CHANGED

So with my absolute amateur analytical observation here, I note the below as perhaps relevant to the disconnection:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/ccezew/intent_received_context_no_longer_working/

They talk of "signal strength verification" - which perhaps is what's going on here as in when further away from the router, something is going and resulting on WiFi disconnecting/reconnecting just because the signal is low, despite still having signal. However, this may or may not be of relevance - I don't have a clue! Lol

There's also this:

So in my humble summary, its like something at some level is monitoring signal strength and disconnecting/reconnecting as the result. But I could be completely wrong. I recall it mainly doing so when further from the router but I'm sure it had a couple times too when very close to it.

I just really wanna solve this issue and seemingly if we can, it could possibly fix it for all custom roms that face this WiFi issue.

UPDATE: This issue seemingly is NOT present on the new CarbonROM!!! So whatever the difference is in terms of settings or source code, this rom does no suffer with the Wifi drop out issue!!
4-02 17:43:03.345 W/BroadcastQueue(1667): Permission Denial: receiving Intent { act=android.net.wifi.RSSI_CHANGED flg=0x4000010 (has extras) } to ProcessRecord{3ae4f94 3939:com.teslacoilsw.notifier/u0a233} (pid=3939, uid=10233) requires android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE due to sender android (uid 1000)
Looks like its your carrier teslacoil having issues with bugle RCS system. Bugle is Google Messages

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-preferred-wifi-calling-option-verizon-pixel-pixel-xl/

Kno its Verizon but could be same issue happening

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-3-xl/help/strange-issue-using-wifi-pixel-3-apps-t3857059

Another wifi issue on the Pixels

Last edited:
Reactions: Toutatis_ and cd993

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thanks for the input.

There's some useful suggestions here, though I'm now back on stock for the time being. Has anyone else tried clean flashing with MSM tool?

Also that telsacoilsw relates to Nova Launcher somehow.

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Did y'all try unselecting mobile data always on in dev options. Also maybe try MSM tool to Android 10. On the Pixel 3 / 3XL some had issues with sensors not working properly having to revert to pie to fix issue sorta sounds like what could be happening to some here. Or might need to pull build.props from stock and a custom ROM. From system and vendor to eye ball the differences might find some extra data or wifi props from stock that ain't there on custom roms. Also try flashing the persist.img after flashing the ROM helped some on the pixels

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

4-02 17:43:03.345 W/BroadcastQueue(1667): Permission Denial: receiving Intent { act=android.net.wifi.RSSI_CHANGED flg=0x4000010 (has extras) } to ProcessRecord{3ae4f94 3939:com.teslacoilsw.notifier/u0a233} (pid=3939, uid=10233) requires android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE due to sender android (uid 1000)
Looks like its your carrier teslacoil having issues with bugle RCS system. Bugle is Google Messages

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-preferred-wifi-calling-option-verizon-pixel-pixel-xl/

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-3-xl/help/strange-issue-using-wifi-pixel-3-apps-t3857059

Sorry see above, was meant to quote you!

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
Did y'all try unselecting mobile data always on in dev options.

I've just disabled it in Developer options, rebooted and Wi-Fi dropped about two minutes later (I'm back on MSM Xtended now by the way).

Also maybe try MSM tool to Android 10. On the Pixel 3 / 3XL some had issues with sensors not working properly having to revert to pie to fix issue sorta sounds like what could be happening to some here. Or might need to pull build.props from stock and a custom ROM. From system and vendor to eye ball the differences might find some extra data or wifi props from stock that ain't there on custom roms. Also try flashing the persist.img after flashing the ROM helped some on the pixels

Attached build.prop from MSM Xtended (April 14th build). The issue occurs on HavocOS which uses stock OxygenOS Wi-Fi config though... could anyone post OxygenOS build.prop file so that we can compare?

I haven't tried using MSM tool yet. Thanks for the suggestion, I will in the next few days.

I read about persist.img file, it helped some people with sensors issues. I've just tried to extract it from OnePlus stock zip payload.bin using this tool.

While the extraction works fine, it doesn't pull any persist.img file (same issue than this post):

Code:
$ python extract_android_ota_payload.py OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.25_OTA_025_all_2003270113_4588ebe57af551.zip /tmp/
Extracting 'payload.bin' from OTA file...
Extracting 'LOGO.img'
Extracting 'abl.img'
Extracting 'boot.img'
Extracting 'dtbo.img'
Extracting 'odm.img'
Extracting 'system.img'
Extracting 'vbmeta.img'
Extracting 'vendor.img'
Extracting 'aop.img'
Extracting 'bluetooth.img'
Extracting 'cmnlib64.img'
Extracting 'cmnlib.img'
Extracting 'devcfg.img'
Extracting 'dsp.img'
Extracting 'hyp.img'
Extracting 'keymaster.img'
Extracting 'modem.img'
Extracting 'qupfw.img'
Extracting 'storsec.img'
Extracting 'tz.img'
Extracting 'xbl_config.img'
Extracting 'xbl.img'
Extracting 'oem_stanvbk.img'
Extracting 'reserve.img'

Anyone knows any other method to get it so I can flash it?

As @cd993 said, com.teslacoinsw.notifier refers to TeslaUnread for Nova Launcher. Unrelated since Wi-Fi drops on all the ROMs I mentioned, even during the initial setup for most of them (except Omni Treskmod during my tests). None of them comes with Nova Launcher or TeslaUnread.

Attachments

• build.prop.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** SEE THE EBD OF THIS POST FOR A WORKAROUND! **

Hey all,

[url]https://amp.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/ccezew/intent_received_context_no_longer_working/[/URL]

There's also this:

WORK AROUND :

Just wanted to update that I'm nicely settled in Havoc now. A workaround was found that when mobile data is disabled, the WiFi doesn't disconnect!

Therefore you can either manually toggle this, or I'm using Macrodroid to automate mobile data enabling upon WiFi disconnect and disable up on WiFi reconnect, via a Macro. I've even used The Data Disabled Icon in Havoc to hide the fact that mobile data is disabled, as that little cross in the icon was bugging me lol

I did test without disabling data for a while yesterday and whilst it did still cut out every now and then, it really is only when signal was quite low. Still though, I'm really liking this workaround as I'd manually toggle WiFi anyway when at home or leaving, so in ways, this workaround is perfect and doesn't present an issue, as such, to me any more.
    Just wanted to update that I'm nicely settled on Havoc now. I'm using Macrodroid to automate mobile data enabling upon WiFi disconnect and disable up on WiFi reconnect. I've even used The Data Disabled Icon to hide the fact that mobile data is disabled, as that little cross in the icon was bugging me lol

I did test without disabling data for a while yesterday and whilst it did still cut out every now and then, it really is only when signal was quite low. Still though, I'm really liking this workaround as I'd manually toggle WiFi anyway when at home or leaving, so in ways, this workaround is perfect and doesn't present an issue to me any more.

Ill pop this in the first post for information.

Hopefully some other users using another ROM than Havoc and ResurrectionRemix can also try disabling mobile data and report back whether it also works for them.
    Thanks to @pratyush28 for suggesting said workaround first if I remember correctly. Funny we didn't find out that disabling data would solve the issue earlier, instead of messing with ROM/kernels combinations, DNS, MAC addresses, importing Wi-Fi configuration from one ROM to another and so on.

Nevertheless, while the workaround is painless and can be automated indeed (I'm probably going to set up something similar to you with Tasker), I still think this is an issue that makes no sense and hope that it'll be addressed for good at some point.
    @Toutatis_ @pratyush28

Here's an update from my latest efforts:

- I clean flashed CarbonROM and indeed have no WiFi drop-outs there. I backed up the boot.img via TWRP.

- I clean flashed Havoc, confirmed the WiFi issue was there, used TWRP to restore the CarbonROM boot.img, rebooted to system and tested the WiFi. Unfortunately, this didn't help. I even copied over the WiFi folder, that I backed up from OOS, rebooted and that didn't change things

- It was said about the kernel from Kirasukura, for example, uses the latest WiFi drivers and so I flashed this (having restored/rebooted stock Havoc one again), along with the companion magisk module and whilst it didn't break the fingerprint like I thought it may, WiFi didn't get fixed.

As mentioned here already though the only workaround to stopping WiFi dropping out is disabling mobile data connection.

Oh and the GlassROM developer ( @anupritaisno1 ) has been in touch and is helping out with this issue, so hopefully they'll be able to find a solution at some point!
    I've been suffering from this issue on custom ROMs for a while now. Today I've tried my hardest to log it, and this is what I came across every time the connection dropped. Not sure if it's possible for the rom developers to change the threshold values, but if it is, it might fix these annoying drops. I've attached the log entry as well

Hey all,

https://amp.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/ccezew/intent_received_context_no_longer_working/

There's also this: