[DISCUSSION] Xposed for Nougat

iamoz

Feb 7, 2019
Batesville Arkansas
Possible issues with encrypted disk..

Greetings all.. I am rather new to this so please forgive me if I'm doing it all wrong here..
My only question is if there are any known issues with xposed and an encrypted system..??
I'm running 7.0 nougat on an HTC BOLT with magisk and Xposed.. my issue is that Xposed refuses to properly initiate after a fresh install from magisk using the version downloaded through magisk downloads... I've not had an issue till now and the only thing different that I've done is to enable encryption on my system which pauses and requests my password before booting into nougat.. Not sure if this is an issue but I thought I would bring it to you all for contemplation.. logs state that it cannot access "such n such" .jars ...sorry I'll include the logs in another post if needed.. I cleared them... But it seems sort of logical that the pause and encrypted status on boot would probably be bthe culprit... I've never used encryption until now... I'll leave it at that untill I hear back and go from there... I will save my next boot logs next time... Thank you in advance, and many thanks for such a great piece of software.... I've enjoyed it very much until now that I'm locked out... If the encryption is the case I'll have to tear my phone back down again and start all over... Removing the encryption I think would solve this issue... What say ye???? Iamoz

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
Has anyone tried the Xposed Media Scanner Optimzer on LineageOS 14.1 Nougat? It is such a useful tool for extending battery life on previous versions of Android, but I'm nervous about installing something that modifies a system service that might bootloop my device. Thank you.

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
Has anyone tried the Xposed Media Scanner Optimzer on LineageOS 14.1 Nougat? It is such a useful tool for extending battery life on previous versions of Android, but I'm nervous about installing something that modifies a system service that might bootloop my device. Thank you.