[DISCUSSION] Xposed for Nougat

Search This thread

iamoz

Feb 7, 2019
Batesville Arkansas
Possible issues with encrypted disk..

Greetings all.. I am rather new to this so please forgive me if I'm doing it all wrong here..
My only question is if there are any known issues with xposed and an encrypted system..??
I'm running 7.0 nougat on an HTC BOLT with magisk and Xposed.. my issue is that Xposed refuses to properly initiate after a fresh install from magisk using the version downloaded through magisk downloads... I've not had an issue till now and the only thing different that I've done is to enable encryption on my system which pauses and requests my password before booting into nougat.. Not sure if this is an issue but I thought I would bring it to you all for contemplation.. logs state that it cannot access "such n such" .jars ...sorry I'll include the logs in another post if needed.. I cleared them... But it seems sort of logical that the pause and encrypted status on boot would probably be bthe culprit... I've never used encryption until now... I'll leave it at that untill I hear back and go from there... I will save my next boot logs next time... Thank you in advance, and many thanks for such a great piece of software.... I've enjoyed it very much until now that I'm locked out... If the encryption is the case I'll have to tear my phone back down again and start all over... Removing the encryption I think would solve this issue... What say ye???? Iamoz

dave260

Nov 29, 2013
Lima, Ohio
Thanks Rovo for all the work you have put in on Xposed. I just got it working on an old ASUS ME176CX thanks to you excellent work. Dave (I sent a cup of coffee your way.)

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
T-Mobile LG G5
Has anyone tried the Xposed Media Scanner Optimzer on LineageOS 14.1 Nougat? It is such a useful tool for extending battery life on previous versions of Android, but I'm nervous about installing something that modifies a system service that might bootloop my device. Thank you.

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
T-Mobile LG G5
Has anyone tried the Xposed Media Scanner Optimzer on LineageOS 14.1 Nougat? It is such a useful tool for extending battery life on previous versions of Android, but I'm nervous about installing something that modifies a system service that might bootloop my device. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can use this thread for discussions about Xposed for Nougat. Please check the read-only thread for the download links and official updates.
    To those having issues with the framework itself (especially bootloops): Please do post your logs! More info: https://github.com/rovo89/XposedBridge/wiki/Bugs#how-can-i-get-logs
    And please @ mention me so I get notified about that post. Hard to read every single post here. ;)

By the way, I have tested the official version on my Pixel and the Genymotion emulator, @wanam tested on OP5 and Galaxy S7.

I should probably mention that we're using SuperSU, which disables dm-verity. Without that, modifications of the /system partition might lead to boot errors on some (many?) ROMs. I had started to work on official systemless a long time ago, but never finished it because the work on the "core business" of Xposed took all my time.
    The man is back! Thank you rovo!!!
    You can use this thread for discussions about Xposed for Marshmallow. Please check the read-only thread for the download links and official updates.

Legend:good:
    I never thought it would happen. Sad im on Oreo now.

Sent from my LG Nexus 5X using XDA Labs