DISCUSSION: YU Yureka CM 12(S) Lollipop Update

Search This thread

SkandaH

XDA Portal Supporter
Jun 8, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7T
Current firmware: Android 5.0.2, Build LRX22G, Cyanogen OS version 12.0-YNG1TAS0W0

OTA: http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os...deeca328/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed.zip
Fastboot flashable image: http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os...cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed-fastboot.zip
Boot Debuggable image: http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os...cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-boot-debuggable.img

Use OTA for manually update from any official KitKat build; don't use fastboot flashable images on existing devices with KitKat bootloader - it will brick the device!

How to unbrick: http://forum.xda-developers.com/yureka/help/question-qualcomm-download-mode-k-t3068040 (Credit goes to @tirta.agung)

Last edited:

arunhebbare

Feb 9, 2015
Posted cm12

Just installed the zip version of cm12 on yu. Could not wait for the official ota update. Updated zip using cwm recovery which I had installed while the phone was running on the cm11 kitkat 4.4.4 version.
I understand that since this is just a system update there is no need to change or revert back to the original recovery.

(just a doubt- is it necessary to revert back to original 4.4.4 system stock recovery in case we get the OTA or the OTA will take care of any Custom recovery and will install iteslf?)

Initial boot will take a long time due to the Android Runtime (ART) virtual machine which is the improvisation over the Dalvik Cache. So please be patient for all the 122 apps to get registered in by ART. I had tried the ART while on cm11 4.4.4 (despite of system warning that it might lead to crashes etc... ), even then it took a very long time......

Working absolutely fine. Initial experience is awesome. Will be observing it now for some time. Most other features are similar to the cm11. no more 3g detection errors. Got to explore more....

My first posting in XDA.

I owe a lot to this community from which I have taken a lot. I hope I will be able to give back even little that I have got to help others. :good::good:

By zip version i mean the version that can be installed using the phone recovery with out the need of a computer to push the system (i.e. the flashable version). I am not aware what the debuggable version means.

Last edited:

rk54754

Apr 17, 2015
please tell me difference between OTA,Fastboot flashable image and Boot Debuggable image.And which one should I download to install.?

Reactions: arvindgr

id74em8

Oct 21, 2013

weshall

Sep 10, 2014
CM 12 update

guys plzzz help me as lollipop is out for yu...can i install ?? i have rooted my yu but i m still on stock rom i.e cm 11 and i have cwm ,can i flash the cm12 zip file using cwm ..

D_Rising_Pheonix

Jul 20, 2012
Mumbai
guys plzzz help me as lollipop is out for yu...can i install ?? i have rooted my yu but i m still on stock rom i.e cm 11 and i have cwm ,can i flash the cm12 zip file using cwm ..
YES YOU CAN JUST FOLLOW THIS STEPS

1. Download official CM12s Ota(1st zip in the link).

2. Place the downloaded zip file in the ‘download’ folder on phone’s internal storage.

3. Boot Yureka into Stock Cyanogen recovery - To do so, power off the phone. Then press Volume Up + Volume Down and Power button simultaneously,Onec you boot into recovery do data/ factory reset.
4. Select ‘Apply Update’ > ‘choose from internal storage’ > /0 > Download > and select “cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed.zip” file. The ROM will be flashed and you should be seeing the Android Bot

5. Once installation is over, go to main page and ‘wipe cache partition’

6. Then select Reboot system now

That’s it! Wait for a while as the device boots for the first time with all new and fresh Cyanogen OS 12.:)

IF you dont get anyhting just revert me back ,or pm will help you.:laugh:

sharan.nyn

May 16, 2012
Kerala
Xiaomi Poco F3
Current firmware: Android 5.0.2, Build LRX22G, Cyanogen OS version 12.0-YNG1TAS0W0

OTA: http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os...deeca328/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed.zip
Fastboot flashable image: http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os...cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed-fastboot.zip
Boot Debuggable image: http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os...cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-boot-debuggable.img

Use OTA for manually update from any KitKat build; don't use fastboot flashable images on existing devices with KitKat bootloader - it'll brick the device!

It just got updated if you flash it on kitkat bootloader, the device will get bricked :(
Many users have got their device bricked, the warning was too late :( I flashed it today at 1:50 AM

arunhebbare

Feb 9, 2015

Hi, You can very well install the .....signed.zip using the CWM recovery as I did.

1. Install the .....signed.zip file and not the ....flashable.zip or the ....bootable.zip files. Only the .....SIGNED.ZIP file either on your phone memory or sdcard
2. Reboot into the recovery mode either by using the advanced reboot option or by pressing the volumeup+down button and power buttons simultaneously and releasing them once you see the Yu logo and phone vibrates.
2. Use the Factory reset command first and then wipe the Cache
3. Navigate to the Install zip and chose the .....SIGNED.zip from either your phone memory or the SD Card as CWM has the option to chose the zip file. and swipe to install it.
4. After successful installation navigate to reboot and swipe to allow the system to restart.
5. Intial boot takes a very long time saying Android is updating. This is because Lollipop uses Android Runtime (ART) by default and not Dalvik Cache as a virtual machine for all apps. So please be patient till all the 122 or so apks are updated by ART. Takes around 10-15minutes.
6. The usual fist time boot stuff.... and then...
7. Enjoy. CM12 it is sweet.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Is the Android version 5.0.x or 5.1?
Has anyone encountered any bugs at all?
To flash through recovery, do I need the OTA version?

It is android version 5.0.2

To flash through recovery (either CWM or TWRP) use the .....SIGNED.ZIP i.e. the first file in the list and NOT the .flashable.zip or the last one. Only the first one.

I installed the zip through CWM

The only bug I noticed was when you add the Powersaver option tile in the Notification drawer, when in the power saving mode, a notification showing the power save mode got invoked. When I used the same option after rebooting I am not getting it now..

Also all of a sudden a red boundary started to appear at the edges of the screen. So I though I had opted for the screen refresh notification in the Developer options but I had not. Still i could see the red rectangle when the screen refreshed. I had to reboot the system. Now fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: arvindgr

Top Liked Posts