• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Discussion - Z5 Nougat ( Android 7)

Search This thread

vasquez

Apr 2, 2008
LG G7 ThinQ
Sony Xperia XZ3
Quite better battery than MM, attached some screenshots. I'm running stock, bootloader locked 378, fresh flash and wipe and factory reset after first boot. Stamina at 20% usage mostly Wi-Fi and H+, very light gaming (mini metro and motorsport manager) and some YouTube streaming. Mail check at 1hr intervals. Location set most of the time on battery saving. Adaptive brightness at minimum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170301-014210.png
    Screenshot_20170301-014210.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Screenshot_20170301-014216.png
    Screenshot_20170301-014216.png
    65 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot_20170301-014232.png
    Screenshot_20170301-014232.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 300

Soufiansky

Dec 12, 2014
Quite better battery than MM, attached some screenshots. I'm running stock, bootloader locked 378, fresh flash and wipe and factory reset after first boot. Stamina at 20% usage mostly Wi-Fi and H+, very light gaming (mini metro and motorsport manager) and some YouTube streaming. Mail check at 1hr intervals. Location set most of the time on battery saving. Adaptive brightness at minimum.
Are you rooted? How did you change dpi cant find it ( adb?) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

vasquez

Apr 2, 2008
LG G7 ThinQ
Sony Xperia XZ3
Are you rooted? How did you change dpi cant find it :rolleyes:
No root, stock 378, bootloader locked, drm partition intact. DPI change is marvellous (wanted to root just for this reason alone, not needed anymore). You can find it in two locations.
1. Settings -> display -> display size (small, default, large)
2. Settings -> developer options -> smallest width (I have mine on 423 dp)

One other thing to mention, the A57 2.0Ghz cores are underclocked now to 1.56Ghz. This might explain the longer battery life. It runs cooler overall but not by much.

Ps. Battery has been charging for the last aprox. 2 hours from 4% now at 78% at a steady 39-40C

Last edited:

Soufiansky

Dec 12, 2014
No root, stock 378, bootloader locked, drm partition intact. DPI change is marvellous (wanted to root just for this reason alone, not needed anymore). You can find it in two locations.
1. Settings -> display -> display size (small, default, large)
2. Settings -> developer options -> smallest width (I have mine on 423 dp)

One other thing to mention, the A57 2.0Ghz cores are underclocked now to 1.56Ghz. This might explain the longer battery life. It runs cooler overall but not by much.

Ps. Battery has been charging for the last aprox. 2 hours from 4% now at 78% at a steady 39-40C
Using small font doesnt really change dpi, will look for the second option,thanks :good:

cashflow67

Jun 27, 2013
Antalya

I deleted facebook,messenger and snapchat, my SOC increased to 5.5 hours. Try what I tried, you won't be regret :)
You can find facebook alternative app to use facebook. Facebook, messenger and snapchat cause serious wakelocks which drain battery life.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

They mean its coming in near future

Nobody knows this. I don't have hope for 7.1 actually. Bringing 7.0 was a pain for Sony.

cpute

Jan 21, 2012
Prague
According to xpericheck the Nougat (.376) for Polish carrier E6633 is out. I hope that CE1 will follow soon.

REAL6

Sep 9, 2010
Copenhagen
Everybody is praising the battery life on Sony Xperia Z5 with the new update My experience is different. With android marshmallow the battery was working perfectly – that means 1-1,5 days with everything on (wifi, bt, data connection etc.). Usually the battery would be on 60-70% at 13 o’clock when I would go out for lunch. Now, I have updated my phone to android nougat – I had 1,2 GB free and now I have 2,8 which is something completely unexpected, but great, the phone is working well and it is much faster; however I have a problem that the battery drains really quickly. That means that at 13 o’clock when I go out for lunch the battery is already only on 30-40%.
Someone has some clue what could cause such a different usage of battery. I haven’t changed anything (settings are always the same), and I haven’t installed anything (no new apps that could cause battery drain).

Yeah , same. The battery lasted a long time. Then upgraded to 7.0 and it flat out f-ing sucks!!!

Wish i could downgrade back to 6. The only good thing so far at least is that it runs smooth but i prefer battery life.

spaha-bih

Feb 16, 2012
Sarajevo
I deleted facebook,messenger and snapchat, my SOC increased to 5.5 hours. Try what I tried, you won't be regret :)
You can find facebook alternative app to use facebook. Facebook, messenger and snapchat cause serious wakelocks which drain battery life.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Nobody knows this. I don't have hope for 7.1 actually. Bringing 7.0 was a pain for Sony.
We dont even need 7.1 update, actually which features 7.1 brings? As far as i know it is primarily made for pixel devices.

We need sony to fix the current build.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Soufiansky

Dec 12, 2014
Im still sticking to MM, nougat have some issues as i can see...too bad there is no good stable AOSP rom

hickup

Nov 21, 2010
To be honest, I am surprised but I can't complain. Update went smooth, no issues so far. Fingerprint works much much better now. I don't see any reason to stick with MM.

eddymjj

Jan 7, 2011
Is display bug is fix on *378 firmware according the size of the font in head of settings in the place where it write if the do not distribution mode is on or off ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just as a safety measure, if you are planning to flash Android 7.0 via flashtool, then update it to latest version 0.9.23.0 to avoid brick if haven't done already as it's the only version which support Android 7.x.x
    Regards.
    I just can't understand that here in Xda one man can build for Z5 7.1.1 rom like lineage, but Sony can't release even 7.0 . Something wrong here.
    Why they choosed rolled back first release? After releasing with some patch they can fix sound problem.
    A Bit disappointed on the update, well, just because of this minor UI problem (maybe a personal preference, see screenshots below).

I'm talking about the volume expander control, the left is the original screenshot, but I was hoping Sony could have done the right image
    That's weird, it's fine here, try adjusting your display size to something else then back to default
    I think this is kinda weird.. I'm running Nougat without any noticeable problems.. none of the problems mentioned anyways ^^, to obtain root, reboot it to bootloader (adb reboot-bootloader), then "fastboot boot twrp.img" .. you can always flash it to recovery to, but without a kernel modification (like AndroPlus kernel) you wont get the light to enter recovery anyways. when booted directly to twrp, run SuperSu v2.79 SR1 (newest with Nougat fixes) and it patches the boot :)