[Disscussion] Android 5.0 (CM12) Port For 2011 Xperia Devices !

Search This thread

JOVICAMPEK

Oct 23, 2012
AOSP is faster, which is more stable and better you need to decide by yourself by testing them both out.

mzandi17

Mar 5, 2013
I flashed this rom on my live with walkman, but it stock on cyanogenmod logo on boot.
I waited about 45 minutes on boot screen but it was not load.
what i have to do?

anikanu

Jun 24, 2013
bikaner
hello every1.......just had a small question?

i have wt19i, my kind of work requires me to remove the external sd for the whole time in my office

as a result uptil cm11 i could easily use in my phone

but in cm12 as it mandatory to partition the sd card for the installation of rom i cant use as i will have to take my sd card out during office hours....so i think the phone will not boot obviously

so i wanted to ask if there is any way that i can use cm12 even after taking out the sd card because once i used it and liked it very much

Last edited:

giri.sahu94

Jun 23, 2013
MP
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
you must need sd card for booting lollipop ....cause phone does not have sufficient memory ...

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Someone please tell about how to get fast response in wt19i , i have everything which had required .
i have sd card 10 class
dedicated 3gb memory to phone nothing i installed except gapps .
but its still lagging ,
* I cant pick a call does not display anything
* sound is very low in walkam series phone.
Please help
thanks in advance

LeTarpoon

Nov 25, 2014
Hello,

I installed Lollipop on my Sk17i / Mango yesterday and so far everything seems to work just fine (well except for my crashing touchscreen but that is not the ROMs fault ;) ).

I did however notice 2 little things, that could be improved in my opinion:

1. being a German user I'd really like to see Ä Ö Ü preselected when I use the hardware keyboard and press A O U long to access the special letters. The rom I used before (4.4.4 AOKP) had them in the (for me) better order.
It would be even better, if the currently selected key was used automatically once any other "letter key" is pressed, so I don't have to lift my finger and use the Enter Key.
Is there a way for me to edit which keys are shown in which order? (using the command line won't be much of a problem for me)

2. the camera button is not working for me

anikanu

Jun 24, 2013
bikaner
you must need sd card for booting lollipop ....cause phone does not have sufficient memory ...

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Someone please tell about how to get fast response in wt19i , i have everything which had required .
i have sd card 10 class
dedicated 3gb memory to phone nothing i installed except gapps .
but its still lagging ,
* I cant pick a call does not display anything
* sound is very low in walkam series phone.
Please help
thanks in advance
not sure about you....but since a long time only gapps seem to be making my phone laggy....i dont use google apps anymore neither on stock nor on any custom roms

specially google play services

Zack316

Sep 14, 2015
Hi,

Aren't there any FTF's instead of boot.img that can be used to flash the kernel ? Flashing the boot.img requires fastboot and adb, and it's a pain for noobs like me, if the "waiting for device" is always there, and you keep on downloading all the drivers, but are still stuck because you're not doing something right.

Would appreciate any replies guys. Thanks.

Hi,

Aren't there any FTF's instead of boot.img that can be used to flash the kernel ? Flashing the boot.img requires fastboot and adb, and it's a pain for noobs like me, if the "waiting for device" is always there, and you keep on downloading all the drivers, but are still stuck because you're not doing something right.

Would appreciate any replies guys. Thanks.
Which recovery are you using? In TWRP it is possible to flash .img files.

We have recovery in boot.img so twrp would also fail. You need fastboot, there is no other way!

Gesendet von meinem LT18i mit Tapatalk
Well if there would be possible to flash boot.img on recovery partition, then it would work.

BTW: I can sometime talk bullsh** and I am sorry for that. I wasn't following this project for long time [emoji14] I could not remember some things...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would prefer that no links are posted on xda before we release 'official' LX builds, because there's always some noob that will flash it without knowing what he's doing and then he will start complaining.

If you have enough knowledge to build from source, you're good.

The source is pretty stable at the moment but we still have major issues:
    Recovery has changed. CWM recovery is dead and not supported anymore, in cm-12.0 we have to use the new cyanogen simple recovery.
    That's highly unstable and has a lot of bugs on our old devices. Since our devices require a working recovery that is included in boot.img, this is a blocking issue for LX builds.

Since ART is the standard now, applications take up a lot more space than before. So there was no way to have a working system with the previous partition layout, /system was getting full without even installing gapps and /data was getting full with a couple of applications installed. We decided to move the /data partition to the second SD-card partition that was usually used as sd-ext and then give the whole internal storage (around 900MB) to /system. You will need an SD card with fast *random* read/write speeds.

Mobile data/calls/etc. are buggy since AOSP introduced a lot of radio changes in 5.0 together with multi-sim support. There is some ongoing work on that part, but I have never worked on radio before, so that's a whole new world for me. Don't expect wonders, except if other people fix it.
    Wifi/bluetooth have issues. Our wifi driver is ancient and desperately needs some updates. These updates will be done by other CM developers who have more knowledge than me, but there is no ETA yet. This 'might' include p2p support. Bluetooth is broken at the moment (not that it was ever working properly) but I haven't looked into it.

There are some issues with the low-ram changes google introduced. For example, there is no wallpaper in lockscreen and when you pull the status bar down the background suddenly becomes black.
    Boot time is a lot longer than kitkat, thanks to ART. The 'optimizing' step takes forever to complete.

CM is also missing a lot of features that are not forward ported yet and also missing all translations.

Another issue is that there are no 160dpi gapps available yet, meaning mdpi devices will run into issues with some google apps because they'll have to use the hdpi version of gapps.

To be honest, I don't think this will ever run smooth on our devices. The device feels a lot slower to me when multitasking and apps freeze/take a lot of time to open. I'm not sure if this is worth the trouble except showing off to your friends with a 2011 device running 5.0.
    I will still work on this, just more slowly because I'm very busy this year with exams. New kitkat builds are coming soon including all the latest CM changes, based on soon-to-be-released M13 stable code.
    I just gave an example with Dark kernel...I use cm 11 20141224...kernel right now...but I just want FU*KING cm 11 kernel with custom memory....Can you help me or not?

Joined Dec 2014 and only 4 posts, asking for something that you should not, in such a rude way.
    Even if there was a chance that someone would help you, it's gone forever now.

For everyone:
    The source is there on github open for everyone, noob guides on how to build are all over xda (I even wrote some for the 2011 xperias)
    If you don't know how to do it, don't mess with it because you will likely come back complaining again when you notice the tons of issues that are present.

You think that lollipop is working so perfectly and we keep it a secret? If it was meeting my quality standards I would have already released some builds on xda.

Happy new year and don't waste the developers' time, they could be fixing some things instead of answering useless posts on xda.
    If nobody provides dmesg & wakelock stats battery drain can't be magically fixed.

Some info on the progress we made:
    Camera flash timing bug is fixed, we use GCC 4.7 now instead of 4.8 to compile the kernel
    Recovery bugs with small zips are fixed (still the recovery is pretty simple with no format options and no mass storage support)

Remaining bugs:
    Battery status says 'charging' on lockscreen when the charger is unplugged
    RIL issues (unable to make calls, mobile data not working properly)
    Battery drain

RIL can be probably fixed by some changes in our custom java RIL class, but we preferred to use opensource libril for the first time since ICS. That will take some time to implement since sony's baseband is based on froyo CAF code, similar to the 2.6.32 kernel. So, we need to adjust the libril source to use much older ways of communicating with the baseband. This might delay a working release without many hacks, but it might fix some of the other RIL issues too that are present for a long time.
    Update 3.0
    There is Android 5.0 For Plenty of Devices Out There !!

UPDATE !!! : Refer To This Link for Further Info & Development Progress !
    http://xdaforums.com/xperia-arc/development/dev-2011-unofficial-cyanogenmod-12-0-t3053950

ITS STRONGLY ADVICED THAT YOU SHOULDNT INSTALL THIS IF YOU RE NEW OR YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT
    WAIT FOR MIKE TO MAKE AN OFFICIAL ANOUNCEMENT !!

Whats Working :
    There is still lack of changelogs & stuff ! Most things work !

Not Working :
    Huge Battery Drain ( At least on Xperia Mini )
    720p Recording ( Again on Xperia Mini )
    Nothing else ! [Report in the comments]
    Update 4.0 :

Links Removed !! Mike Doesn't want any links to be posted & we need
    To respect that !!

Videos :
    Xperia Mni : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjegzSgFGCw
    Xperia ARC : ....

Requirements :
    An ext4 Partition on your SDCard
    Patience
    Brain :p

1. You Need to Have an ext4 partition (If you dont know how to make one follow the tutorial here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2126363
    2. Download the rom and the appropriate gapps from the links above and place them on your SD
    3. Flash the kernel provided with the ROM
    4. Fire up the recovery and install the ROM & the Gapps ( Boot will take around 15-20 minutes with gapps ) DONT PANIC

Follow this tutorial at your own risk ! I Take no responsibility !!

Keep up with LX CM11 And if there is anything new with 5.0 you most propably will find it here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543426&page=737
    Hey there !!! So as you may know 5.0 came out like a week ago and a bunch of devices are getting 5.0 Lollipop
    (Unofficial) But still they got it !! What do you guys think ? We will get it anytime soon ? Who's going to make
    it happen ? And most of all what are your concerns ? Meaning what probs might occur ? Like the Video
    Playback not working or anything else

I Know how to compile from source and i'm also thinking of starting to build CM12 from scratch but i need some
    advice, its not as easy as it might seem !! You can also take a look at this https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android

So ? What do you guys think ?
    Me , Mike And Vishal Already Compiled CM12 But We Need To Fix Bugs ;)
    So Stay Tuned :)