Divest OS - privacy Lineage fork with relockable bootloader. Anyone tried relocking?

Search This thread

SkewedZeppelin

Mar 19, 2021
divested.dev
Has anyone here tried Divest OS for xz2c?
xz2c has been reported working in the chat.

No. What's so special about it? They say its a soft fork but just looks about the same.
Please read the website, it has extensive documentation on what is changed and how it improves security/privacy/longevity.
It in many cases may literally look like LineageOS, but most devices have hundreds of patches added to fix known security issues, in addition to all the general system hardening and changes.

hockeymikey

xz2c has been reported working in the chat.

Please read the website, it has extensive documentation on what is changed and how it improves security/privacy/longevity.
It in many cases may literally look like LineageOS, but most devices have hundreds of patches added to fix known security issues, in addition to all the general system hardening and changes.
No, I read the website. It didn't impress me at all was the thing.

hockeymikey

Please show me a more secure OS for a device like the Galaxy S5 or Nexus 4 then.
You know, I take it back. Right you are. I appreciate the comments on the issues too, they are a big help pointing me in the right direction especially because I don't plan on leaving Oreo ever, last decent Android version IMO and anything with scoped storage is irredeemable. I didn't know it went that far back in versions, it initally just looked like Android 12 builds from looking at the screenshots (which I hate especially UI wise which didn't help). Maybe I'll take a spin with DivestOS someday to get it ported to the xz1(c). I probably won't use because the customization features in RR are a must for me (mostly ticker notifications, just so handy and quick)

Reactions: SkewedZeppelin

SkewedZeppelin

Mar 19, 2021
divested.dev
Has 19.1 been reported working? The site says likely working for 19.1 and reported working for 18.1. Unfortunately both say unknown if relockable.
For what device? xz2c? A user reported issues with upgrading from 18.1 to 19.1, but had no issues with a fresh install of 19.1.

I wouldn't try relocking this device unless you are perfectly happy to potentially receive a brick in return.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please show me a more secure OS for a device like the Galaxy S5 or Nexus 4 then.
    You know, I take it back. Right you are. I appreciate the comments on the issues too, they are a big help pointing me in the right direction especially because I don't plan on leaving Oreo ever, last decent Android version IMO and anything with scoped storage is irredeemable. I didn't know it went that far back in versions, it initally just looked like Android 12 builds from looking at the screenshots (which I hate especially UI wise which didn't help). Maybe I'll take a spin with DivestOS someday to get it ported to the xz1(c). I probably won't use because the customization features in RR are a must for me (mostly ticker notifications, just so handy and quick)