DiXperia 8 'eXtraordinary' | Discussion Thread

Search This thread

lakshay03

Mar 25, 2012
New Delhi
Welcome to DiXperia 8 'eXtraordinary' - Discussion Thread

dixperia8bydikej.jpg

Dear All,

Here you can post all your complaints, spam, requests, noob questions related to DX8.
Respect the developers, keep the original thread clean!

What can you post here?
-Anything related to DiXperia8
-All noob questions
-Any Issue You Can Think Of!
-Any suggestion, advice, opinion for DX8

What you should NOT post in development thread?
-Thanks, Thank you or +1 (just hit button THANKS if someone else helped you)
-Reporting the same bug that already been raised
-If you plan on downloading new release/the ROM (no need to mention, just download and report the bug)
-Asking DiKeJ for ETA of new release. Just sit back and wait!

picture.php

1. ROM based on Semc Debrand Engine (thanks for Achotjan, without him DX8 won't even released )
2. There are 4 version of the last ROM - S-Style, Light, Gaming and Stock-based with possible 2.6.32.9 Kernel (we will see how development in KTG Team goes).
3. Every version have other destiny - and You are the person, who choose one!

picture.php

• Based on Android 2.3.7 with CM7.2 (3 version) and Android 2.3.4 without CM, Stock based with ports (1 version).
  • Mobile Bravia Engine.
  • xLoud.
  • Playstation Certificate.
  • Timescape.
  • Facebook & Twitter (and more).
  • Track ID.
  • Music in lockscreen (and changing it with volume control buttons)
  • Walkman music app from ICS update for Xperia NXT (big thanks for w4lkm4n ).
  • Xperia Sola Keyboard (with voice options).
  • KGSL Drivers (at least in S-Style, Light and Gaming).
  • Create Yourself ™ - my own idea. You've seen this in all DiXperias - it's something like "you choose stuff and version you like, and if you need something, you just apply this like extra file. No need to delete tons of apps you don't using and won't" - it's simple, fast, and has potential .
  • Different themes, depends on version of ROM (see screenshots), Xperia S like, more brightness, some Gaming crazy .
  • Apps and firmware taken from Xperia S stuff, ports etc. (music, lockscreen, widgets, home, font etc.).
  • Scripts, tricks, tweaks - they promise lot of fun, lot of performance and lot of stability ^^.

• For everything - tons of files are here, you have great stability, good performance, it's nice for simple 2D games, awesome for business and everyday use. Few things are optional.
SCREENSHOTS

• It has DiKeJ's theme (I know not all people like brightness or light-blue, and we're really sorry about it), with usefull apps inside ROM. Good for gaming, if you delete some hungry applications. If you don't want games, it has sort of addons, to make this version much complete for everyone - like Create Yourself ™ should do ^^. Much clean than S-Style, for everyday use and more. Test yourself!
SCREENSHOTS

• DiKeJ tried to make something like real gaming adventure and you can see this in attached screenshots. Need to say this one is for Premium Users only, but it will be the same as DiXperia Gaming, or better! Of course ROM for enthusiasts of gaming. Not much addons, just required like Google stuff to download games, standard SE apps for making this best possible stable, but the most important is the performance inside this version - unleash your X10

SCREENSHOTS

• This one will be based on Stock 2.3.3 with 2.3.4 features from 2011 line and 2.3.7 firmware files from Xperia 2012 line. This should offer 100% stability without any FCs, with fully working camera and camocorder. It's good for everything, it's something like S-Style version, but for people who don't have unlocked Bootloaders, that's why that version appear. make.believe :p. Possible 2.6.32.9 Kernel, if will be stable and 100% working (it's future plan). For now you can choose any Kernel for 2.3.3 you want. <- UPDATE - Kernel is included, and I won't use 2.6.32, cause it's not stable as I thought it will be when this version will hit. But there is very fast, good and stable 2.6.29.6.

SCREENSHOTS

picture.php

S-Style version - |Beautiful|

Light version - |Simple|

Stock-based version - |Stable|

If you like to donate :
DiKeJ Paypal

and always hit THANKS to DiKeJ for a great ROM.

Nothing's perfect, we have to make it perfect together :)

CHEERS ! :D

beznazwy2wh.jpg

Last edited:

Niko0olas

Sep 24, 2010
www.facebook.com
ive just got rooted and bl unlocked and flashed the rom
-wifi is not working :(
-also im not able to flash any zip files as the recovery got updated :(

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
Please don't write anything right now - this thread will be for discussion ONLY for 4 version of DiXperia 8 - not for all DiXperias. If you have problem about older relases, please write in theirs development threads. Me, lakshay03, and soon some other 2 persons (we're looking for) will help you here, after DX8 relase. Thanks for everything everyone ^^.

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
Norair, did I said something? Please don't write here for now, or I will need to contact colossus to close this thread for now - I want a clear DX8 (not 7) discussoion and support thread. Please read a little more - you can ask anything about DX7 on development thread. :)

Norair

Jun 4, 2012
Innsbruck
If you mean to say that "If you can flash Dixperia7 with DooMKerneL then YES ! You can flash it with DooMKerneL V6. I have tried it myself :)

Sorry but i mean : I have now Dixperia 7 with DoomKernel...
and when the DX8 comes out can I just download it and flash it over my DX7 ??
that was my question
and sorry for bad english :)

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
No, you can't - DX8 (at least 3 of 4 versions) based on other sources, maybe Stock-based version will be compatible with flash over DX7 but 100% not S-Style, Light, or Gaming. Please stop posting here right now. ^^

Reactions: Norair

lakshay03

Mar 25, 2012
New Delhi
I have received the ROM guys ! :D

I am now downloading and then will flash and test the rom.

Stay tuned to see the review here

CHEERS ! :cool:

lakshay03

Mar 25, 2012
New Delhi
Hi All,

As promised by DiKeJ I got to test the S-Style and the Light version of the ROMS before everyone else, as I was the winner of the contest :D

DiKeJ provided me with the links yesterday, and here is the review for you guys, as promised by me.

Both the ROMS are AMAZING, FANTASTIC, FLAWLESS, AWESOME.
I have flashed almost every XperiaS themed ROM available for us, and so far this is the BEST. Its ULTRA-FAST, have so many options, and I loved its LOCKSCREEN. I tried each and every option available, but there is nothing such as LAG present in both the roms.

The ROM is as defined by its subtitle "EXTRAORDINARY".

Hats-off and a big THANK YOU to DiKeJ for providing us with such great roms.

Keep your fingers crossed guys, the roms are gonna come your way SOON ! :)

Last edited:

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
Short, right and beatiful review, my friend :). Thanks for info, now I know that Premium Users gets S-Style and Light one week after You, so 13th June. Remember to flash every addons to test if everything is working (or maybe you've made it? :D).

Reactions: lakshay03

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to DiXperia 8 'eXtraordinary' - Discussion Thread

dixperia8bydikej.jpg

Dear All,

Here you can post all your complaints, spam, requests, noob questions related to DX8.
    Respect the developers, keep the original thread clean!

What can you post here?
    -Anything related to DiXperia8
    -All noob questions
    -Any Issue You Can Think Of!
    -Any suggestion, advice, opinion for DX8

What you should NOT post in development thread?
    -Thanks, Thank you or +1 (just hit button THANKS if someone else helped you)
    -Reporting the same bug that already been raised
    -If you plan on downloading new release/the ROM (no need to mention, just download and report the bug)
    -Asking DiKeJ for ETA of new release. Just sit back and wait!

picture.php

1. ROM based on Semc Debrand Engine (thanks for Achotjan, without him DX8 won't even released )
    2. There are 4 version of the last ROM - S-Style, Light, Gaming and Stock-based with possible 2.6.32.9 Kernel (we will see how development in KTG Team goes).
    3. Every version have other destiny - and You are the person, who choose one!

picture.php

• Based on Android 2.3.7 with CM7.2 (3 version) and Android 2.3.4 without CM, Stock based with ports (1 version).
    • Mobile Bravia Engine.
    • xLoud.
    • Playstation Certificate.
    • Timescape.
    • Facebook & Twitter (and more).
    • Track ID.
    • Music in lockscreen (and changing it with volume control buttons)
    • Walkman music app from ICS update for Xperia NXT (big thanks for w4lkm4n ).
    • Xperia Sola Keyboard (with voice options).
    • KGSL Drivers (at least in S-Style, Light and Gaming).
    • Create Yourself ™ - my own idea. You've seen this in all DiXperias - it's something like "you choose stuff and version you like, and if you need something, you just apply this like extra file. No need to delete tons of apps you don't using and won't" - it's simple, fast, and has potential .
    • Different themes, depends on version of ROM (see screenshots), Xperia S like, more brightness, some Gaming crazy .
    • Apps and firmware taken from Xperia S stuff, ports etc. (music, lockscreen, widgets, home, font etc.).
    • Scripts, tricks, tweaks - they promise lot of fun, lot of performance and lot of stability ^^.

• For everything - tons of files are here, you have great stability, good performance, it's nice for simple 2D games, awesome for business and everyday use. Few things are optional.
    SCREENSHOTS

• It has DiKeJ's theme (I know not all people like brightness or light-blue, and we're really sorry about it), with usefull apps inside ROM. Good for gaming, if you delete some hungry applications. If you don't want games, it has sort of addons, to make this version much complete for everyone - like Create Yourself ™ should do ^^. Much clean than S-Style, for everyday use and more. Test yourself!
    SCREENSHOTS

• DiKeJ tried to make something like real gaming adventure and you can see this in attached screenshots. Need to say this one is for Premium Users only, but it will be the same as DiXperia Gaming, or better! Of course ROM for enthusiasts of gaming. Not much addons, just required like Google stuff to download games, standard SE apps for making this best possible stable, but the most important is the performance inside this version - unleash your X10

SCREENSHOTS

• This one will be based on Stock 2.3.3 with 2.3.4 features from 2011 line and 2.3.7 firmware files from Xperia 2012 line. This should offer 100% stability without any FCs, with fully working camera and camocorder. It's good for everything, it's something like S-Style version, but for people who don't have unlocked Bootloaders, that's why that version appear. make.believe :p. Possible 2.6.32.9 Kernel, if will be stable and 100% working (it's future plan). For now you can choose any Kernel for 2.3.3 you want. <- UPDATE - Kernel is included, and I won't use 2.6.32, cause it's not stable as I thought it will be when this version will hit. But there is very fast, good and stable 2.6.29.6.

SCREENSHOTS

picture.php

S-Style version - |Beautiful|

Light version - |Simple|

Stock-based version - |Stable|

If you like to donate :
    DiKeJ Paypal

and always hit THANKS to DiKeJ for a great ROM.

Nothing's perfect, we have to make it perfect together :)

CHEERS ! :D

beznazwy2wh.jpg
    What do you guys think, about DX9 "Magnificent"? :D

Still big beta, and don't know when I will work more about this, cause I need new device to start make ports. Kaito_Kuroba promised me something in this, but no reply for now from him. Maybe will post few screenshots later, cause I'm compiling beta#3 relase, and as I said I don't have much time to work on it like other DiXperias, but be warned - if things goes good, and Kaito make his deal - DX9 is coming.^^
    Update and some news can be found here -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28049988&postcount=117

And I'm sorry for long waiting guys :).
    xdavietnam, you can change it via replace correct files in framework-res.apk inside drawable-nodpi folder. Of course, you're allowed to do that, but if you want use something like my background from Stock-based version, in other ROM or something, remember to give credits.
    And about Sync problem - I've been informed about it and don't know what I could delete, so it's not working - will see how to fix it. Did you try flash all addons, just for tests, if after that something will change? Please try it. FLASH ALL ADDONS FOR STOCK-BASED and see if something doesn't contains Sync files, maybe I include something wrong.

IDreadman, you shouldn't, but if yes, it can cause some bugs (not 100%, but sh*t happens xD).

asepsfirdaus, answered you in development thread.
    Please don't write anything right now - this thread will be for discussion ONLY for 4 version of DiXperia 8 - not for all DiXperias. If you have problem about older relases, please write in theirs development threads. Me, lakshay03, and soon some other 2 persons (we're looking for) will help you here, after DX8 relase. Thanks for everything everyone ^^.