DKB-TAN2go app on rooted device

Search This thread

ultimatepichu

Mar 5, 2009
Hsinchu City
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Yes, I've created two profiles to also check a variable I'm setting. Like this it's working more reliable to me.
Code:
    Profile: Tan2Go_Enter (60)
        Restore: no
        Application: TAN2go
        State: Variable Value  [ %Tan2Go_opened ~ 0 ]
    Enter: Tan2Go_Enter (59)
        A1: Variable Set [ Name:%Tan2Go_opened To:1 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:3 Structure Output:On ]
        A2: Variable Set [ Name:%Tan2Go_killed To:1 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:3 Structure Output:On ]
        A3: Kill App [ App:TAN2go Use Root:On ]
        A4: Run Shell [ Command:pm disable-user APP-ID Timeout (Seconds):0 Use Root:On Store Output In: Store Errors In: Store Result In: ]
        A5: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:1 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
        A6: Launch App [ Package/App Name:TAN2go Data: Exclude From Recent Apps:Off Always Start New Copy:Off ]

Profile: Tan2Go_Exit (64)
        State: Variable Value  [ %Tan2Go_killed ~ 1 ]
    Exit: Tan2Go_Exit (65)
        A1: Run Shell [ Command:pm enable APP-ID Timeout (Seconds):0 Use Root:On Store Output In: Store Errors In: Store Result In: ]
        A2: Variable Set [ Name:%Tan2Go_opened To:0 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:3 Structure Output:On ]
        A3: Variable Set [ Name:%Tan2Go_killed To:0 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:3 Structure Output:On ]
wait how do i import this again?

cm2003

Jun 18, 2012
Gotcha. At the mean time I managed to create logcat event based catcher and used your command in shell. It works with launching tan2go app from app drawer and from notification menu. Thanks for the freeze command!
Out of curiosity - how does the logcat part work? What are you looking for within logcat?

ultimatepichu

Mar 5, 2009
Hsinchu City
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Out of curiosity - how does the logcat part work? What are you looking for within logcat?
Starting the app triggers the log below. So when tasker catches it, it will first disable the app, before tan2go fully launched. So I don't need to kill the app like you did. Same thing is done when closing the app (enable magisk app).

the logcat feature in tasker is really useful and powerful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-22-22-35-56-394_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-22-22-35-56-394_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: cm2003

cm2003

Jun 18, 2012
H,
Starting the app triggers the log below. So when tasker catches it, it will first disable the app, before tan2go fully launched. So I don't need to kill the app like you did. Same thing is done when closing the app (enable magisk app).

Does this trigger faster than the "app was opened" trigger? Because I'd expect that it basically works the same.
Could you share your full profile?

Edit
Just tried it myself and it seems to be much faster! Thanks for that input - this allows me to get rid of the variables etc.

Last edited:

ultimatepichu

Mar 5, 2009
Hsinchu City
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
H,

Does this trigger faster than the "app was opened" trigger? Because I'd expect that it basically works the same.
Could you share your full profile?

Edit
Just tried it myself and it seems to be much faster! Thanks for that input - this allows me to get rid of the variables etc.
No problem. As said, this logcat feature is just one of the best ever.

I also use the same trick to bypass some banking app that checks if USB debugging is turned on or not.

ultimatepichu

Mar 5, 2009
Hsinchu City
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Using logcat is a great idea. Can you explain how to identify the logcat entry when closing the app

I've just used the regular exit app trigger for this, because I couldn't find it in logcat either :)
Well... See attachment. Should be similar. I think the flg is the key.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-23-02-39-29-360_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-23-02-39-29-360_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: ratelutz

imska

Aug 7, 2015
free-droid.com
I just leveld myself up from Gapps to MicroG. Does anybody got this ****ing app running without Google/SafetyNet at all?
I use LineageOS for Microg without magisk for now and the tan2go app just works. I enabled the push notifications with microG so tan2go can register and receive pushs, but I remember that it also worked without. It would just receive the notifications after opening the app then...

exaveal

Aug 10, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I use LineageOS for Microg without magisk for now and the tan2go app just works. I enabled the push notifications with microG so tan2go can register and receive pushs, but I remember that it also worked without. It would just receive the notifications after opening the app then...
What? If you use LineageOS, you must have a open Bootloader. So that should be enough for Tan2Go to stop working. You need MagisK to make it work again (with Magisk Hide). Can you please describe much more in Detail what Build of LineageOS, what Recovery and what other Things you might use to make it work? I think this would help a lot people.
I have a fresh LineageOS without Magisk running on MicroG. I have no single app installed, only Tan2Go. The installation of LineageOS is 20 Minutes old. And of course: Tan2Go does not work.

nerisov

Jun 30, 2010
Tan2Go working on LineageOS with micoG and Magisk. No freezing tricks required.
My setup:
- Lineage recovery
- LineageOS 18.1 (also worked on 17.1 same way)
- Magisk canary (hidden, renamed)
- Tan2Go v2.6.1
- Tan2Go and Banking-App hidden in Magisk

This works on two different devices. I do not freeze Magisk nor I register my device in microG (= notifications after opening the app). I also removed all trackers from both apps with Warden, but it's not required. I have no idea if it works this way after v2.6.1.

nerisov

Jun 30, 2010
I'll give a try to Magisk stable. Some time ago it was working only with canary version. Thanks for pointing it out!

Are there some down sides using v2.6.1? Or just in case they disable it some day?

imska

Aug 7, 2015
free-droid.com
What? If you use LineageOS, you must have a open Bootloader. So that should be enough for Tan2Go to stop working. You need MagisK to make it work again (with Magisk Hide). Can you please describe much more in Detail what Build of LineageOS, what Recovery and what other Things you might use to make it work? I think this would help a lot people.
I have a fresh LineageOS without Magisk running on MicroG. I have no single app installed, only Tan2Go. The installation of LineageOS is 20 Minutes old. And of course: Tan2Go does not work.
This might actually vary between devices. I have seen the app work on a clean Lineage install (no root) on one device but not on the other. Same with different roms on the same device. Currently, I am using the latest LineageOS for MicroG build for the pioneer and surnia devices and the app starts and works (latest version from the play store, installed using the aurora store).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you share with me your taskerr script? Thank you so much!

Yes, I've created two profiles to also check a variable I'm setting. Like this it's working more reliable to me.
    Code:
        Profile: Tan2Go_Enter (60)
            State: Variable Value  [ %Tan2Go_opened ~ 0 ]
        Enter: Tan2Go_Enter (59)
            A1: Variable Set [ Name:%Tan2Go_opened To:1 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:3 Structure Output:On ]
            A2: Variable Set [ Name:%Tan2Go_killed To:1 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:3 Structure Output:On ]
            A3: Kill App [ App:TAN2go Use Root:On ]
            A4: Run Shell [ Command:pm disable-user APP-ID Timeout (Seconds):0 Use Root:On Store Output In: Store Errors In: Store Result In: ]
            A5: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:1 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
            A6: Launch App [ Package/App Name:TAN2go Data: Exclude From Recent Apps:Off Always Start New Copy:Off ]

Profile: Tan2Go_Exit (64)
            State: Variable Value  [ %Tan2Go_killed ~ 1 ]
        Exit: Tan2Go_Exit (65)
            A1: Run Shell [ Command:pm enable APP-ID Timeout (Seconds):0 Use Root:On Store Output In: Store Errors In: Store Result In: ]
            A2: Variable Set [ Name:%Tan2Go_opened To:0 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:3 Structure Output:On ]
            A3: Variable Set [ Name:%Tan2Go_killed To:0 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:3 Structure Output:On ]

Using logcat is a great idea. Can you explain how to identify the logcat entry when closing the app

I've just used the regular exit app trigger for this, because I couldn't find it in logcat either :)
    Well... See attachment. Should be similar. I think the flg is the key.
    I have no idea if it works this way after v2.6.1.
    No it doesn't, which is what the whole discussion in the several previous pages is all about.

And no Magisk Canary is needed for v.2.6.1, the latest Magisk Stable v22.1 does as well.
    Here is a recipe that worked for me to get TAN2Go App running and receiving TANs + activating Visa secure on a Huawei P8 Lite with LineageOS 14.1. with using Island.

It will only work, if you mobile number is already registered in DKB, because you have to receive an SMS.

At some point you need to open an http link from the SMS via TAN2Go app on island. Since the SMS app did not work on island for me, I used a workaround using the contacts app.

Some steps in the beginning, especially the factory reset might not be necessary, but this is what I did.

0. Lineageos Factory reset (TWRP wipe)
    1. Install latest Magisk / Magisk Manager
    2. In Magisk Manager Settings, enable Magisk Hide, repackage the Magisk Manager Application
    3. Install DKB Banking App / Tan2Go / Island using Google Play Store
    4. Open repackaged Magisk Manager, hide DKB Banking App / Tan2Go / Island / Google Play Store
    5. Restart the Phone
    6. Open and configure Island
    7. Install / Clone Tan2Go app and DKB banking app from mainland to island
    8. Install / Clone the contacts app from mainland to island. You may now open it in island to check if it works and that you can create a contact.
    9. Deinstall the Tan2Go and DKB banking app app from your phone (the "mainland" versions!)
    10. Open Tan2Go "island" version, set new Password for the App.

If this step does not work, using Island to bypass the protection may not work on your phone.
    You could try the Magisk Canary build, wait for a new Magisk version, or try a factory reset like I did.

11. Tap on "Tan2Go erneut verknüpfen" (NOT the QR code, which worked for me only once), proceed to online banking. This will open DKB Banking App.

The next steps are time-critical, because your session may expire. So read the steps first.

12. Login with your banking credentials
    13. In the FAQ section open drop-down menu "Sie können derzeit keine TANs mit der DKB-TAN2go-App generieren?" and click the Link inside the text: "TAN2Go-Verwaltung"
    14. In the connected devices section, choose the device that you are currently holding in your hands and click "Password vergessen"

The next steps are especially time-critical, but unfortunately may take some time to execute ;)
    Once you request the SMS, you got a time window that the SMS code is valid.

15. On the next page click button "Neu verknüpfen per SMS" and then "SMS anfordern", receive the SMS, copy the link (or the full text if not possible)
    16. Open contacts inside Island, add a new contact, chose contact name, paste the link from SMS to "Website" section of the contact, save contact
    17. On the generated contact, click the website link, chose open with Tan2Go app
    18. (I had to re-set the Tan2Go password here for some reason)
    19. Copy the code "Freischaltcode"
    20. Go back to the DKB Banking App in mainland and enter the code. If you were to slow, repeat from step 10.
    21. You may now enable Visa secure in DKB Banking App.
    I'm Not able to hide canary Manager. Always failed to hide it.
    Any Idea?

Edit: Stop Play Protect in Google Playstore fixed it ;)

Thanks, that helped.

So for me the steps were:
    - uninstall old magisk
    - install latest canary (raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/canary/app-debug.apk)
    - disable play protect
    - hide magisk by repackage the name to Manager2
    - enable MagiskHide in the settings
    - hide tan2go in MagiskHide
    - re enable Play Protect

I did not need to use "MagiskHide Props Config" to have fingerprint working.
    I can confirm that Magisk Canary works, both with the DKB Banking App as well as Tan2Go (latest, 2.6.0) including fingerprint support (and of course no Island/Shelter). The steps are described in this previous thread:

Current link is: raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/canary/app-debug.apk
    (You can find this via github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk#downloads and select magisk manager Canary.)

Steps I followed:
    1. Install Magisk Manager Canary
    2. Make sure Magisk Manager Update Channel is set to Canary
    3. Hide Magisk Manager
    4. Make sure Magisk Manager version is still canary (for me it reverted to normal version after hiding the first time, possibly because update channel was not set to canary)
    5. Install tan2go and DKB app
    6. Use Magisk Hide on tan2go and DKB app
    7. restart device
    8. Should work now

Just a few caveats:
    1. I uninstalled Magisk and Magisk Manager (Stable) from my device, then reinstalled Canary
    2. I didn't know whether you also need to update Magisk itself (not the Manager). As I uninstalled it in the previous step I had to, but an update might be fine as well
    3. I am not sure whether you need those two steps, but might help if it doesn't work for you
    4. Be sure to enable MagiskHide in the settings
    5. You have to repackage Magisk under a different name, otherwise Tan2Go will detect it. I chose "Manager2", but seems like anything will be fine here
    6. Hide both DKB Banking as well as Tan2Go inside the MagiskHide settings (There is a small bar with 4 icons on the bottom, the second one should be a shield)
    7. Lastly go to the Modules section (puzzle icon, last on the bar), and install MagiskHide Props Config. I needed that one to enable fingerprint support
    8. Launch Tan2Go and be happy. For now at least, we'll see how long it lasts :)
    SOLVED: DKB Tan2Go 2.4.0 works with Open Bootloader & Root

DKB TAN2go works with Magisk:
    1. Install the TAN2go app (but don't open it)
    2. Add the TAN2go app in Magsik Manager in the menu "Magisk Hide"
    3. Reboot the phone (I don't know if this is necessary)
    4. Open TAN2go, works fine.

**** DKB and this stupid security features which bring absoltuely no security.

SOLVED: (on my Redmi Note 6 Pro with CrDroid Pie, GApps installed:)
    You are (nearly) right; the solution is described in the German Forum Android-hilfe.de for a similar Tan2Go-App from VR.... Original Text:
    - VR SecureGO deinstallieren
    - Magiskmanager deinstallieren
    - Magisk mit dem Magisk Uninstaller über TWRP deinstallieren -> reboot
    - Magisk 19 installieren TWRP
    - MagiskManager installieren ( auch die aktuellste beta, keine module aktivieren etc, alles lassen wies ist)
    - MagiskManager verstecken (repacking blablub), restart
    - VR SecureGo installieren aber nicht öffnen
    - Magisk Hide für VR SecureGo aktivieren, reboot
    leider crashte die App hier immer noch beim Start - also alles nochmal von vorn (#33)
    ... und dann #59
    im Magisk Hide-Bereich Apps (mit ALLEN Unterpunkten von VR SecureGo und Google Play-Dienste) neu ab/angewählt

How-to;
    (Please, reboot sometimes while doing it:)

- Remove your (DKB)Tan2Go-App.
    - Install NEWEST 19.1 Magisk via TWRP.
    - Install NEWEST Magisk Manager-App (via apk or Store.)
    - Reboot & Open Magisk Manager-App-Menu in the left corner above (The Hamburger)
    - Choose "Magisk Hide": >> Hide ALL the Google-Play-Services
    - Return to the Magisk-Hamburger-Menu: Settings/ Einstellungen >> Hide Magisk Manager (it changes to a similar name automatically)
    - Reboot & Install NOW your (DKB - Tan2Go-App 2.4.0, but DO NOT OPEN IT !!
    - Open Magisk Manager again >> Magisk Hide >> Hide the new downloaded DKB- TAN2GO-App. 2.4.0
    - (Reboot ?? &) Now you can open it; it should work now.

Summary:
    So, the Trick is to hide via Magisk Manager All Google Services + your DKB-Tan2Go-App + the Magisk Manager himself.
    Yes, the Hiding-Program must be hided, too. :)

Enjoy & have Fun!
    Yes confirm it's working
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone