DKB-TAN2go app on rooted device

Search This thread

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
You mean simply by enabling the Zygote feature and then use the deny list? AFAIK that leads to the same result as the previous MagiskHide and nothing more, which is why you still need to freeze Magisk Manager before being able to use these damned banking apps.

I was hoping for a solution that doesn't involve freezing by making use of the new Magisk Zygote + a Magisk module?
Ah, yes, I can confirm that. I still need to freeze the Manager.

musv

Jan 19, 2014
I updated Magisk to v24 with the newest (stable) Magisk Manager. I took this guide. And furthermore I'm running Tan2Go inside an Island environment.

It's working for Tan2Go and several other apps. Just tried the new DKB Banking App inside Island. Works like a charm.

For some reason Commerzbank photoTAN isn't working inside of Island environment. But it runs without problems at a ordinary installation.

I don't have anything freezed. Phone is an Oneplus 3 with Android 9 (Stock, rooted).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ollibolli85

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
I updated Magisk to v24 with the newest (stable) Magisk Manager. I took this guide. And furthermore I'm running Tan2Go inside an Island environment.

It's working for Tan2Go and several other apps. Just tried the new DKB Banking App inside Island. Works like a charm.

For some reason Commerzbank photoTAN isn't working inside of Island environment. But it runs without problems at a ordinary installation.

I don't have anything freezed. Phone is an Oneplus 3 with Android 9 (Stock, rooted).
Fingerprint auth working inside Island? That's what has put me off using an additional profile, because it just would not work (at least on ArrowOS 11, and I'm still not sure if this is an Android design limitation or ArrowOS's fault).

musv

Jan 19, 2014
I don't have anything of that activated. No Screenlock PIN, no fingerprint. I just don't want it.

daniel89cgn

Feb 14, 2021
The are replacing the GiroCard by a VisaDebit Card for new customers, and old customers have problems to get a replacement GiroCard...
The girocard will not be replaced, only priced. The girocard remains free for existing customers.
At the turn of the year, some girocards expired and due to technical problems, most customers did not automatically receive the new girocard. There is an online form to order a new girocard.
I can not see they are fading out chipTAN.
Since most customers use the app, it makes sense to price the girocard, but that is not fading out chipTAN.
Also note: they added "Nutzung von chipTAN: kostenlos" to their TOS. I don't think they would add these to their TOS when they plan to fade out chipTAN.
Also note: some will say "but Postbank is also fading out chipTAN!". Yes, but thats because they switched to Deutsche Bank data center, and Deutsche Bank never used chipTAN. So it is very sad Postbank is fading out chipTAN, but it makes sense for them.

Reactions: Sigster

mri0

Aug 1, 2018
Just a side note: The new DKB banking app works directly on my rooted Moto G5 with LineageOS 18.1 No need for Tan2go or any Verified by Visa anymore. No Magisk installed or any other apps. I have tried the DKB app directly.

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
Just a side note: The new DKB banking app works directly on my rooted Moto G5 with LineageOS 18.1 No need for Tan2go or any Verified by Visa anymore. No Magisk installed or any other apps. I have tried the DKB app directly.
That's because it detects Magisk specifically and that's why it works when you freeze Magisk. Most (like me) just don't want to go for any other root solution.

Reactions: mri0

mri0

Aug 1, 2018
When does the DKB app check for this? Only during installation or every time it runs?

panni

Feb 6, 2007
Newest TAN2Go works flawlessly without freezing Magisk Manager!

Using newest stable Magisk, zygisk, and Hide-My-Applist in LSPosed with its zygisk/magisk module. Be sure to set the effective hide methods in HMA for TAN2Go to "Intent queries" and apply a template that hides all magisk/LSPosed related apps.

Using newest stable Magisk, zygisk, and Hide-My-Applist in LSPosed with its zygisk/magisk module. Be sure to set the effective hide methods in HMA for TAN2Go to "Intent queries" and apply a template that hides all magisk/LSPosed related apps.
Can you elaborate a tiny bit? I have magisk 25.2 installed, I installed the LSPosed zygisk module. How can I install HMA after that? And also a bit about the template? I'm trying to learn as we speak.

panni

Feb 6, 2007
Can you elaborate a tiny bit? I have magisk 25.2 installed, I installed the LSPosed zygisk module. How can I install HMA after that? And also a bit about the template? I'm trying to learn as we speak.
You install HMA and then activate its "Enhance mode" Magisk module. HMA is in LSPosed then. Reboot.

Afterwards you create a template in HMA which includes all the apps you want to hide (anything that could be flagged by an app, such as XPrivacy, Magisk Manager etc).

HMA should show: "System service running" and "Magisk extension installed".

Then you go to "Select effective apps" in HMA, select TAN2Go, then:
* Enable hide
* Select hide methods: Check Intent Requests
* Template config: apply the template you just created
* Reboot

Edit: Of course enable HMA in LSPosed; forgot that step

Last edited:
You install HMA and then activate its "Enhance mode" Magisk module. HMA is in LSPosed then. Reboot.

Afterwards you create a template in HMA which includes all the apps you want to hide (anything that could be flagged by an app, such as XPrivacy, Magisk Manager etc).

* Enable hide
* Reboot
Thank a bunch! I was able to do everything but my tan2go still redirects to the default browser on launch and opens up the new DKB app ad webpage :/ I tried hide all methods, in this case it doesn't redirect but simply crashes. I also tried different combinations of hide methods, nothing worked so far.

The new app is good but there are still some functions in online banking that require the tan2go app, I wish I could somehow get it to work.

Edit: I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I used the stock EEA Rom on the Poco F2 Pro. And seems like Pocos have problems with this app :/ will need to dig deeper.

Last edited:

panni

Feb 6, 2007
Thank a bunch! I was able to do everything but my tan2go still redirects to the default browser on launch and opens up the new DKB app ad webpage :/ I tried hide all methods, in this case it doesn't redirect but simply crashes. I also tried different combinations of hide methods, nothing worked so far.

The new app is good but there are still some functions in online banking that require the tan2go app, I wish I could somehow get it to work.

Edit: I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I used the stock EEA Rom on the Poco F2 Pro. And seems like Pocos have problems with this app :/ will need to dig deeper.
Weird. I'm using a Poco F2 Pro as well, btw.

This is my config:
- Magisk 25.1 (custom folder on SD for its files), manager hidden
- Zygisk enabled (not enforcing DenyList, TAN2Go on DenyList)
- MagiskHide props config with good fingerprint
- Shamiko v0.5.1
- Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.2.1
- Zygisk - LSPosed v1.8.3
- HMA 2.3.2

Before using HMA I had a Tasker profile that auto hides Magisk Manager before starting TAN2Go. Now that's disabled.

Maybe this helps.

gylee

Aug 26, 2013

* Enable hide
* Reboot

I finally managed to use my TAN2Go by following this instruction. Thank you so much for sharing it. One extra thing that I did was open LSPosed and select HMA from the module list. I then ticked System Framework and TAN2go, and reboot. Voila, the app no longer redirects me to the DKB website.

panni

Feb 6, 2007
I finally managed to use my TAN2Go by following this instruction. Thank you so much for sharing it. One extra thing that I did was open LSPosed and select HMA from the module list. I then ticked System Framework and TAN2go, and reboot. Voila, the app no longer redirects me to the DKB website.
That's great. FWIW: I only have System Framework selected in the HMA settings of LSPosed.

gylee

Aug 26, 2013
That's great. FWIW: I only have System Framework selected in the HMA settings of LSPosed.
Interesting, I removed TAN2go and it still works after reboot now. I also downgraded my Shamiko to 0.5.0 because that was another thing that I upgraded, and it still works. I could not get it to work before unless I did the upgrade and tick TAN2go in LSPosed. Maybe once it works, it works :D

This is my config:
- Shamiko v0.5.1
- HMA 2.3.2

Before using HMA I had a Tasker profile that auto hides Magisk Manager before starting TAN2Go. Now that's disabled.

Maybe this helps.
Thanks for the reply. Trying, will report if I manage to get it working!

Top Liked Posts

FYI: I've since switched from Shamiko to Denylist Unmount, which is open source. Works well so far.

* Enable hide
    * Reboot

Edit: Of course enable HMA in LSPosed; forgot that step

This is my config:
    - Shamiko v0.5.1
    - HMA 2.3.2

Maybe this helps.

This is my config:
    - Shamiko v0.5.1
    - HMA 2.3.2

Maybe this helps.
    Works works works!!
    Finally lol. It was Shamiko for me, didn't work before I installed it. Thanks for the full list :)
    Got the App running thanks to the tutorial of @panni :)

As stated above, Shamiko was the last piece to make it work for me as well.

But is there any way to run this app without GAPPS installed?

Thanks.
    Here is a recipe that worked for me to get TAN2Go App running and receiving TANs + activating Visa secure on a Huawei P8 Lite with LineageOS 14.1. with using Island.

It will only work, if you mobile number is already registered in DKB, because you have to receive an SMS.

At some point you need to open an http link from the SMS via TAN2Go app on island. Since the SMS app did not work on island for me, I used a workaround using the contacts app.

Some steps in the beginning, especially the factory reset might not be necessary, but this is what I did.

0. Lineageos Factory reset (TWRP wipe)
    1. Install latest Magisk / Magisk Manager
    2. In Magisk Manager Settings, enable Magisk Hide, repackage the Magisk Manager Application
    3. Install DKB Banking App / Tan2Go / Island using Google Play Store
    4. Open repackaged Magisk Manager, hide DKB Banking App / Tan2Go / Island / Google Play Store
    5. Restart the Phone
    6. Open and configure Island
    7. Install / Clone Tan2Go app and DKB banking app from mainland to island
    8. Install / Clone the contacts app from mainland to island. You may now open it in island to check if it works and that you can create a contact.
    9. Deinstall the Tan2Go and DKB banking app app from your phone (the "mainland" versions!)
    10. Open Tan2Go "island" version, set new Password for the App.

If this step does not work, using Island to bypass the protection may not work on your phone.
    You could try the Magisk Canary build, wait for a new Magisk version, or try a factory reset like I did.

11. Tap on "Tan2Go erneut verknüpfen" (NOT the QR code, which worked for me only once), proceed to online banking. This will open DKB Banking App.

The next steps are time-critical, because your session may expire. So read the steps first.

12. Login with your banking credentials
    13. In the FAQ section open drop-down menu "Sie können derzeit keine TANs mit der DKB-TAN2go-App generieren?" and click the Link inside the text: "TAN2Go-Verwaltung"
    14. In the connected devices section, choose the device that you are currently holding in your hands and click "Password vergessen"

The next steps are especially time-critical, but unfortunately may take some time to execute ;)
    Once you request the SMS, you got a time window that the SMS code is valid.

15. On the next page click button "Neu verknüpfen per SMS" and then "SMS anfordern", receive the SMS, copy the link (or the full text if not possible)
    16. Open contacts inside Island, add a new contact, chose contact name, paste the link from SMS to "Website" section of the contact, save contact
    17. On the generated contact, click the website link, chose open with Tan2Go app
    18. (I had to re-set the Tan2Go password here for some reason)
    19. Copy the code "Freischaltcode"
    20. Go back to the DKB Banking App in mainland and enter the code. If you were to slow, repeat from step 10.
    21. You may now enable Visa secure in DKB Banking App.
    I'm Not able to hide canary Manager. Always failed to hide it.
    Any Idea?

Edit: Stop Play Protect in Google Playstore fixed it ;)

Thanks, that helped.

So for me the steps were:
    - uninstall old magisk
    - install latest canary (raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/canary/app-debug.apk)
    - disable play protect
    - hide magisk by repackage the name to Manager2
    - enable MagiskHide in the settings
    - hide tan2go in MagiskHide
    - re enable Play Protect

I did not need to use "MagiskHide Props Config" to have fingerprint working.
    >>> SUCCESS <<<

Magisk Stable v23.0 + Riru v.25.4.4.r426 + LSPosed v1.3.5 + XPrivacyLua v1.30 + TAN2go v2.7.2 works!

1. Install/activate each component.
    2. Apply MagiskHide to TAN2go.
    3. Tick TAN2go in the app level list of XPrivacyLua.
    4. Then tick the restrictions "Get applications", "Use analytics" and "Use tracking" in the permissions level list of XPrivacyLua.
    5. And TAN2go v2.7.2 works as expected!
    So far so good, only that damned Digitales Amt app still can not be made to work on my POCO X3 NFC with ArrowOS 11 + microG even with that kind of trickery (+ Riru-MomoHider with all 4 configs activated + flawless check with Magisk Detector). :unsure:
    I can confirm that Magisk Canary works, both with the DKB Banking App as well as Tan2Go (latest, 2.6.0) including fingerprint support (and of course no Island/Shelter). The steps are described in this previous thread:

Current link is: raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/canary/app-debug.apk
    (You can find this via github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk#downloads and select magisk manager Canary.)

Steps I followed:
    1. Install Magisk Manager Canary
    2. Make sure Magisk Manager Update Channel is set to Canary
    3. Hide Magisk Manager
    4. Make sure Magisk Manager version is still canary (for me it reverted to normal version after hiding the first time, possibly because update channel was not set to canary)
    5. Install tan2go and DKB app
    6. Use Magisk Hide on tan2go and DKB app
    7. restart device
    8. Should work now

Just a few caveats:
    1. I uninstalled Magisk and Magisk Manager (Stable) from my device, then reinstalled Canary
    2. I didn't know whether you also need to update Magisk itself (not the Manager). As I uninstalled it in the previous step I had to, but an update might be fine as well
    3. I am not sure whether you need those two steps, but might help if it doesn't work for you
    4. Be sure to enable MagiskHide in the settings
    5. You have to repackage Magisk under a different name, otherwise Tan2Go will detect it. I chose "Manager2", but seems like anything will be fine here
    6. Hide both DKB Banking as well as Tan2Go inside the MagiskHide settings (There is a small bar with 4 icons on the bottom, the second one should be a shield)
    7. Lastly go to the Modules section (puzzle icon, last on the bar), and install MagiskHide Props Config. I needed that one to enable fingerprint support
    8. Launch Tan2Go and be happy. For now at least, we'll see how long it lasts :)
    SOLVED: DKB Tan2Go 2.4.0 works with Open Bootloader & Root

DKB TAN2go works with Magisk:
    1. Install the TAN2go app (but don't open it)
    2. Add the TAN2go app in Magsik Manager in the menu "Magisk Hide"
    3. Reboot the phone (I don't know if this is necessary)
    4. Open TAN2go, works fine.

**** DKB and this stupid security features which bring absoltuely no security.

SOLVED: (on my Redmi Note 6 Pro with CrDroid Pie, GApps installed:)
    You are (nearly) right; the solution is described in the German Forum Android-hilfe.de for a similar Tan2Go-App from VR.... Original Text:
    - VR SecureGO deinstallieren
    - Magiskmanager deinstallieren
    - Magisk mit dem Magisk Uninstaller über TWRP deinstallieren -> reboot
    - Magisk 19 installieren TWRP
    - MagiskManager installieren ( auch die aktuellste beta, keine module aktivieren etc, alles lassen wies ist)
    - MagiskManager verstecken (repacking blablub), restart
    - VR SecureGo installieren aber nicht öffnen
    - Magisk Hide für VR SecureGo aktivieren, reboot
    leider crashte die App hier immer noch beim Start - also alles nochmal von vorn (#33)
    ... und dann #59
    im Magisk Hide-Bereich Apps (mit ALLEN Unterpunkten von VR SecureGo und Google Play-Dienste) neu ab/angewählt

How-to;
    (Please, reboot sometimes while doing it:)

- Remove your (DKB)Tan2Go-App.
    - Install NEWEST 19.1 Magisk via TWRP.
    - Install NEWEST Magisk Manager-App (via apk or Store.)
    - Reboot & Open Magisk Manager-App-Menu in the left corner above (The Hamburger)
    - Choose "Magisk Hide": >> Hide ALL the Google-Play-Services
    - Return to the Magisk-Hamburger-Menu: Settings/ Einstellungen >> Hide Magisk Manager (it changes to a similar name automatically)
    - Reboot & Install NOW your (DKB - Tan2Go-App 2.4.0, but DO NOT OPEN IT !!
    - Open Magisk Manager again >> Magisk Hide >> Hide the new downloaded DKB- TAN2GO-App. 2.4.0
    - (Reboot ?? &) Now you can open it; it should work now.

Summary:
    So, the Trick is to hide via Magisk Manager All Google Services + your DKB-Tan2Go-App + the Magisk Manager himself.
    Yes, the Hiding-Program must be hided, too. :)

Enjoy & have Fun!