DNScrypt proxy for Android install

Search This thread

xmascious

Aug 13, 2017
I got mine working just fine:
-download the flashable zip from dnscrypt.org
-flash it
-instal init.d emulator (my stock firmware don't have init.d support)
-instal Override DNS, set it to 127.0.0.1

ps.
- don't use Adguard in proxy-mode (use vpn)
-don't turn on Adaway webserver (use it in passive mode only with hosts pointed to 0.0.0.0)

Because DNScrypt itself working as a local proxy, it will conflict with other local proxies.

Reactions: zedoc

xmascious

Aug 13, 2017
Yea. Btw the one that you should dload and flash is the latest "dnscrypt-proxy-android-armv7-a-1.9.4".

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Using dnscrypt is a must for us in Indonesia.
Our government use dns spoofing to censor many sites (inc reddit and imgur!).

Some resort to use easiee methods like vpn (eg Opera, Hotspot Shield, Open VPN), but that's not ideal, cos it will slow down your internet speed.

zedoc

Dec 5, 2014
-flash it

ps.
-don't turn on Adaway webserver (use it in passive mode only with hosts pointed to 0.0.0.0)

Because DNScrypt itself working as a local proxy, it will conflict with other local proxies.

Working thanks!
How do we uninstall it if needed exacly?
i don't find any "uninstaler.zip" in the file list here:
https://download.dnscrypt.org/dnscrypt-proxy/

serpentarius01

Nov 12, 2017
-flash it

ps.

Are you implying we can not use ad blocker app? This is somewhat a big deal breaker for me. Adaway is a must have. Can we enable it in someway?

Also how do I uninstall dnscrypt on my phone later in case there's bugs and it breaks my phone?

I'm also Indonesian. Wkwkwk.

Edit:

Well ****, I enabled my init.d using term-init script and it ran fine in terminal log. So after rebooting my phone I test it using init.d universal and it says that my kernel doesn't enabled init.d. What did I do wrong? How can I achieve init.d support on my device? I have rooted stock 5.1.1 GNote 4 if it helps.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Last edited:

serpentarius01

Nov 12, 2017
Update:

I finally managed it to work. It's weird that universal init.d gave me false warning, it says my stock kernel doesnt support init. I turn it on, reboot, and pray its working and it does. What a ride. I enabled that damn init using so many tries first with the script, and the zip, and that ****ty init enabler app in playstore. Goddamn samsung making my life hell with their restricted stuff.

Finally I have my freedom but I had to gave up Adaway. Anyone know how to make both dnscrypt and adaway work?

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

0x23

Feb 19, 2018
Hi all,

I just build the dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.1 for Android arm64, download link could not be posted due to limitation of a minimum of 10 posts.
sorry so I have to obfuscate the url ;)

h t t p s://dracoon.team/#/public/shares-downloads/LWhh83zdT7BlFScZSJ5OVhnRaqBKFtvB

greet'z
0x23

Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend and JLowe

Jun 1, 2007
With NetGuard you can now use DNScrypt without rooting.
Just run DNScrypt from /data/local/tmp and forward port 53 to DNScrypt.

See here for some more details (replace /system/xbin by /data/local/tmp).
The latest beta versions of NetGuard include a UI to forward ports to make things easier (accessible from the settings).

Edit: there is no need anymore to set an IPv4 DNS server, since the latest NetGuard versions can forward IPv4 traffic to an IPv6 address (or the other way around) too.
@M66B, is there any way to make DNSCrypt v2 working with NetGuard, without rooting the phone?
Any plan to integrate DNSCrypt v2 in NetGuard (i.e. similar as Blokada)? That'll be great, so then I do not have to use Blokada, but I can use NetGuard for all: Firewall+AdBlocker+DNSCrypt.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install dnscrypt on android

Requirements:
    • rooted phone
    • installed busybox
    • some handy tools like terminal emulator or ssh daemon for testing purpose, file explorer with acces to system partition
    • dnscrypt: https://copy.com/M6r38z6g3iyj (thanks to GitHub esp. @daddybr, KionLi...) - files for arm7
    About:
    We need to run dnscrypt every time phone is booted - for this purpose is necessary to add script "dnscrypt" into "init.d" directory In this script-file you can also change parameters like used resolver/provider etc.
    dnscrypt-proxy is main binary file which will provide dnscrypt service for us. There is also script to start/stop dnscrypt-proxy service anytime we need and made some other usefull things for us...

How to:
    • check if directory "init.d" in /system/etc/ exist - if there is not such directory use program "Universal Init.d" and create it - otherwise follow bellow
    • extract downloaded files and put it into same directories they are, just to system partition (u can use any file browser with access to system partition, eg. Solid Explorer)
    • check if there is file "resolv.conf in /system/etc/ directory

- if there is not such file create it and put this into it "nameserver 127.0.0.1"

- if there is such file check if "nameserver 127.0.0.1"and delete else
    • all files putted in directory /system/xbin/ should have right permission to work correctly
    Checking functionality:
    Easiest way is to visit "www.opendns.com/welcome"
    If it is working you will get something like "Your Internet is safer, faster, and smarter..."
    If it is not working you will get something like "OOPS..."

Other way is to run nslookup in terminal emulator and check if you get 127.0.0.1 and name, eg "nslookup 8.8.8.8"
    The hardest way is to use wireshark or tcpdump and analyze traffic while browsing on the phone..., eg. http://askubuntu.com/questions/105366/how-to-check-if-dns-is-encrypted
    Also you can check if dnscrypt-proxy is running in terminal , eg. "ps w |grep dnscrypt"
    Here you go. I modified the previously uploaded zip file so it's using opendns.

If you want to change the dns resolver, just modify /system/etc/init.d/99dnscrypt

Thanks for qwerty12 and wrsg for the help in the thread
    thanks for jedisct1 for maintaining the project
    If anyone is still following this thread, you can download the installable zips here: https://download.dnscrypt.org/dnscrypt-proxy/
    To change the resolver you are using, edit the /system/etc/init.d/99dnscrypt file and change the line RESOLVER_NAME=dnscrypt.org-fr to the resolver in /system/etc/dnscrypt-proxy/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv
    Hello,

I want to install DNScrypt proxy 1.4 on my android phone. You can get it here : download.dnscrypt.org/dnscrypt-proxy/

Could someone please make a tutorial an tell me how to install this? I want it to work with following DNS server: https://dnscrypt.eu/

It is a great enhancement in security and I would be glad if someone can get it to work and tell us.

Regards
    Hi moffa, could you compile x86 version for me? It'd be great if you could :D

Sorry I've been a little busy here you go. I haven't been able to test it though.
    I'm also including a armv7 one as well.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone