Do ADB Shell only standalone OS exist?

Search This thread

gfish35

Oct 1, 2022
Hello all,
I am really new to anything related to phone modding.
I have a broken screen but have managed to recover all its data.
The phone is neither able to display anything nor respond to touches.
But now I would like to flash/boot a fresh OS that has only a terminal for writing scripts.

Basically, I am looking for an OS that can be interacted via the ADB shell (or any other medium except the screen), where I can install scripts and executables.
I could install something like Ubuntu Touch or LineageOS, but I don't have a screen to go through the process of installing them and I don't know a way to do it without the screen.

Model name if required: Motorola Z2 Play (albus)

Please do suggest any workarounds if what i am expecting isn't possible.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

gfish35

Oct 1, 2022
It all depends on how badly the screen is damaged (does not display an image, touch does not work on part or all of the screen) and whether the model has otg.
The screen is badly broken. It does not display anything nor respond to touch inputs. (will edit original post)
I know the device still functions perfectly because I am able to boot into fastboot and even boot a TWRP image.

I did not understand the "OTG" part. I am able to connect it to my desktop via USB.

gfish35

Oct 1, 2022

gfish35

Oct 1, 2022
The existing Android ROM is wiped. So there is no ROM present right now. Only a recovery for LineageOS is present. Can I install a ROM freshly? If yes, how do I do that?
Thank you.