• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Do I need to Root again if I want to Install official ROM/nandroid Backup ?

Search This thread

mansoorahmedali

Jun 1, 2020
Greetings...

I have installed hadesRom android 10 in my note 8 by watching a step-by-step tutorial on YouTube (root > twrp recovery > flasing .zip). This rom is working perfectly but there is no Live Focus Option in Camera so I want to go back on my official firmware. I have downloaded the stock firmare and I have previous backup too. Do I need to root is again ? Or just flashing .zip file from twrp recovery ?

I need two things in my phone. Call recording and live focus. In stock Rom, live focus works perfectly but no call recording. In this Rom, call recording working awesome but no live focus in camera.

PS. Is there any way to add live focus option in this ROM will also help me.

Using samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950f
Installed "hadesrom_q_oneui_v1.0ftk3"

Looking for a solution for camera or flashing back to official.

Regards.
Mansoor

Last edited:

Qwerty_in_me

Feb 3, 2021
the camera problem could be fixed by installing a different app and seeing if it's just a software problem.
if it's a firmware preblem, as in it still won't auto focus - install the stock rom
getting call recording is a simple matter, there are call recorder apps on the play store of f-droid, some of them might need root access, check the description.

and no, you don't need to root your phone to install ROMs, all you need is an unlocked bootloader (developer settings > unlock OEM and allow usb debuging) and a PC with ADB and Fastboot.

otherwise you can boot into recovery and flash the original ROM

mansoorahmedali

Jun 1, 2020
Thank you for the reply. I have tried multiple call recording apps before rooting stock Rom. Not even a single works. Only my voice is recorded, not the other party ( B Party ). I planning to move back on stock Rom. Please suggest a call recording App.

Thanks again Sir.

Regards

Qwerty_in_me

Feb 3, 2021
unfortunately it looks like Google has blocked 3rd party call access on their lates SecPatch so no call recorder for (You)
Samsung allegedly still has the call recorder feature, but only enabled in certain countries, so you'd have to hack'n'crack your ROM for that.

I'm sorry to say this, but you are S out of L