Question do not uninstall Digital Wellbeing app via ADB

Search This thread

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I did this mistake for you.
The whole setting app started to crash and the phone became pretty much unusable.
Had to reinstall via ADB again.

So the best way to stop it is to remove usage access.
You even sure that you removed Digital Wellbeing? If you go into Digital Wellbeing and then swipe up and tap it's icon, you will find yourself in the Settings app info, messing with that (or with ADB) will of course result in its crash. Its actually quite hard to get into Wellbeing App Info, you need to manually search through your app list (Settings -> Apps) and then go into Info.

Nevertheless, jep, removing usage access should do the trick without hassle.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

italodance

Nov 17, 2008
Finally is it safe to uninstall on miui or not? I have disabled it with adb because of this topic but really want to uninstall it forever. So now what?

edit: just uninstalled this spyware, all fine.

Last edited:

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have Digital Wellbeing "uninstalled' by hiding it via a Magisk .replace (which means that the app is totally gone). Works fine. Settings does not crash. Digital Wellbeing registers a menu entry in Settings, not the other way round. Settings is perfectly capable of functioning without Digital Wellbeing. So something else must have gone wrong for OP.

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
I did this mistake for you.
The whole setting app started to crash and the phone became pretty much unusable.
Had to reinstall via ADB again.

So the best way to stop it is to remove usage access.
You have to restart the phone after disabling it, then settings won't force close anymore. I remove it all the time.

rzrxox

Feb 14, 2022
I have Digital Wellbeing "uninstalled' by hiding it via a Magisk .replace (which means that the app is totally gone). Works fine. Settings does not crash. Digital Wellbeing registers a menu entry in Settings, not the other way round. Settings is perfectly capable of functioning without Digital Wellbeing. So something else must have gone wrong for OP.
hii im not much of a geeky guy but can you explain step by step on how to disable digital wellbeing forever using whatever you used..

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Removing usage access should do the trick, no? Is there any additional performance gains from removing the app completely?

rzrxox

Feb 14, 2022
even if you remove usage access it still keeps a data for 10 days. I wanted it completely removed and found the solution.
You just need to run adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.forest

the forest word was the most difficult to find as Samsung doesn't wants it removed idk why

Reactions: zetsumeikuro

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
I've removed usage access and disabled it through adb (Awesome free app called ADB AppControl from a dev here on xda (no need to install bridge app on your phone when asked to, so it because a cool adb gui for windows. for the lazy people who don't like adb commands (although that should be used before anything else)

Top Liked Posts