Do only some phones need restart on loss of cellular connection?

Search This thread

Neil McCauley

May 24, 2022
use many $40-60 phones as remote security devices for properties. I connect them to a security camera, via WiFi hotspot. I got really into Sony Xperia M2, and a Z1, all 4g/LTE. I had them on Three PAYG. Funny thing happened. Three went down all over the place, engineering works. Total mobile disconnect. Network came back online. Mobile phone connection did not. I had to travel to each property to restart each phone. The phones wouldn't even ring on incoming call. Total pain.
Question: is it only some brands of phone that fall to reconnect on network reappearance, and need a restart? Is it the network causing it? Do you know a decent second hand LTE alternative to the Xperia Z1? Thanks!

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
use many $40-60 phones as remote security devices for properties. I connect them to a security camera, via WiFi hotspot. I got really into Sony Xperia M2, and a Z1, all 4g/LTE. I had them on Three PAYG. Funny thing happened. Three went down all over the place, engineering works. Total mobile disconnect. Network came back online. Mobile phone connection did not. I had to travel to each property to restart each phone. The phones wouldn't even ring on incoming call. Total pain.
Question: is it only some brands of phone that fall to reconnect on network reappearance, and need a restart? Is it the network causing it? Do you know a decent second hand LTE alternative to the Xperia Z1? Thanks!
All mobile devices can have this behaviour, the longer they are on, the more cached data gets confused due to loading, dumping and reloading cached data as the device switches from one activity to another, rebooting clears the mess and allows it to function normally. Even computers have this issue the longer they are on and running, eventually, something gets buggy.

Reactions: Neil McCauley

Neil McCauley

May 24, 2022
All mobile devices can have this behaviour, the longer they are on, the more cached data gets confused due to loading, dumping and reloading cached data as the device switches from one activity to another, rebooting clears the mess and allows it to function normally. Even computers have this issue the longer they are on and running, eventually, something gets buggy.
Hey thanks a lot for your help, did not consider that. I wonder if mobile routers avoid this.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hey thanks a lot for your help, did not consider that. I wonder if mobile routers avoid this.
No because it doesn't do anything to change the activity that goes on within the device itself. Managing this issue must be done by the user when necessary, it is inevitable, no matter what you do. You're attempting to fight a losing battle, choose a different battle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.