Do these modems suck or is it just me?

Search This thread

pissinguoff247

Mar 17, 2010
Fort Lauderdale
I get a lot of random data dropouts, even when I switch to cdma only on the wireless network settings. Way fewer on cdma, but they still happen often enough that I notice them. I can go from looking at a web page one second to no connection the next.

On the road listening to pandora the other day, even with perfect reception on the local i595 corridor, I suddenly went from full bars and 4g to "searching for signal". It's happened a few times. Sometimes it fixes itself, sometimes I need to reboot or switch airplane mode on and off.

I know I'm not the only one having at least some problems. Can I get an amen, brothers and sisters? Seriously, I am becoming very frustrated very quickly with my very expensive toy. Maybe Samsung will take notice if enough people complain...

Should have learned my lesson with the epic on sprint, But these amoled screens are like cell phone heroin.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

blarrick

Jun 26, 2011
North Hollywood
I've noticed the connections are quite ****ty. I thought it was just me because I live in a 1 bar area for both 3g and 4g. It's odd how my connection is always on 4g when I wake the phone up but the minute I start browsing the web it decides to drop me to 4g, it's so unreliable I'm forced to use my slower home connection(30mb/s but since it's wireless it's below 10mb/s, so slower than 4g)

yutzybrian

Feb 21, 2009
What modems are ya'll using? I had those issues with EE4 but since flashing the EP1Q modems onto my EE4 rom, everything has went smoothly.

timedroid

Oct 31, 2010
EP1Q radios still suck. I get slower 3G and still get the drop to 1x problem.
Does Samsung create these or does Qualcomm? What about for the Nexus phones?

hazard209

Jul 29, 2011
You know you can flash radio only right?

EDIT: Also, if you're running Gummy 2.0 right now (WHICH YOU SHOULD BE!) you're running the EP1Q radios.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

That's only true if you flashed them previously. I went back to complete stock first, then 1.9.1 and then flashed 2.0. I'm on EE4.