• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Do we have a rom with quick charge and is compatible with HDR+ Google camera?

Search This thread
Dec 13, 2017
Here is the dilema:
Currently I am using the latest RR5.8.5. It is the final version of Nougat and will not be updated. I am quite happy with this rom. The only problem is that I can not use the latest HDR+ google camera (always FC). It seems that the AOSPA is the best compatible rom with HDR+ google camera. But as far as I know, there is no quick charge feature in AOSPA. All the Oreo roms are still at the early stage with huge amounts of bugs. I don't want to return to EUI 5.9 (marshmellow) either since it is not officially supported anymore. Do we have a good rom with both QC and HDR+?

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich
Here is the dilema:
Currently I am using the latest RR5.8.5. It is the final version of Nougat and will not be updated. I am quite happy with this rom. The only problem is that I can not use the latest HDR+ google camera (always FC). It seems that the AOSPA is the best compatible rom with HDR+ google camera. But as far as I know, there is no quick charge feature in AOSPA. All the Oreo roms are still at the early stage with huge amounts of bugs. I don't want to return to EUI 5.9 (marshmellow) either since it is not officially supported anymore. Do we have a good rom with both QC and HDR+?

Flash Omni.

Reactions: Nephelococcygia

cas8180

Apr 1, 2007
Las Vegas
Just my take , I had onnia for a while however it was not compatible with all variations of Google camera. Switched to paranoid and got better call column and every single modded Google camera app I have installed has worked. Also quick Charing works great. While charging your led flashes letting you know it's in a wyci change state and when it goes back to normal speed your led.goes solid, which usually happens around 90%

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016

"SOT?"

Can you describe what this means? it's not clear.

Edit: Nevermind are you referring to battery life?

If so, it was better with stock. However, in my opinion the stock rom was too restrictive. For example, I missed alot of notifications while using the stock rom.

Next, I installed Greenify with root using Magisk. : With excessive usage my battery life is at least one full day and with casual usage the battery will last for days.

With Paranoid, quick charge is incredibly fast. In fact, much faster than what stock provided.

Last edited:

ajegile

Apr 10, 2009
Tambun , Bekasi
"SOT?"

Can you describe what this means? it's not clear.

Edit: Nevermind are you referring to battery life?

If so, it was better with stock. However, in my opinion the stock rom was too restrictive. For example, I missed alot of notifications while using the stock rom.

Next, I installed Greenify with root using Magisk. : With excessive usage my battery life is at least one full day and with casual usage the battery will last for days.

With Paranoid, quick charge is incredibly fast. In fact, much faster than what stock provided.

thanks for reply , can u show how long SOT in paranoid and SOT in stock rom ?

4K2K

May 22, 2015
Don't forget that we have BlackScreen kernel which works on many different roms. Its Alucard governor is very good to the point I ditched Advanced Governor Tweaks. It had idle drain issues but fixed since a few months ago. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: tsongming

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016

I can but not at the moment. I just woke up and checked my battery that was fully charged 6 hours ago and it's still at 99%.

See screenshot, and I will send another one at a the end of the day.

FYI, I did not save any battery records from when I was using stock, nor did I make any effort to studiously track and graph out usage. My comments are based on my best estimated guess.

In my opinion, current battery life using Paranoid is better than any other phone that I have personally used and I have over 100 apps installed, including substratum.

I also use the phone for some multi-track audio recording, some games, a lot of YouTube and a lot of music listening.

I don't really pay a lot of attention to battery life because it is has been a non issue. Obviously the battery will last much longer if I am just listening to music or just talking on the phone.

After I installed, paranoid I noticed battery life was slightly degradated, so I installed Greenify.

On a typical day of heavy usage, the battery life will last from wake until bedtime: 17-18 hours, and still have 20 to 30 percent left when connecting it to the charger.

Next, I have not timed the quick charge. But I estimate that it will charge from 20% to 90% in approximately 30 minutes. Which in my recollection is much faster than charging using the stock ROM.

At the end of the day, it's totally worth switching from stock to a custom ROM. In my experience, Paranoid is a great option. I haven't tried the Omni ROM.

From what I have read, Paranoid is one of the few Roms in which everything works.

Although paranoid has 4 themes built in. Substratum allows a greater degree of control with theming. Again, battery life is very good and If you don't like the ROM there's many options. Plus it's very easy to just go back to stock.

Sent from my LeEco Le Pro3 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Don't forget that we have BlackScreen kernel which works on many different roms. Its Alucard governor is very good to the point I ditched Advanced Governor Tweaks. It had idle drain issues but fixed since a few months ago. I highly recommend it.

Thanks, I haven't tried black screen, and actually didn't realize that it included such a wide range of governors. Personally, I do not really need to micromanage my settings and battery usage. But its nice to know that we have such an amazing tool available. for our phones.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can but not at the moment. I just woke up and checked my battery that was fully charged 6 hours ago and it's still at 99%.

See screenshot, and I will send another one at a the end of the day.

FYI, I did not save any battery records from when I was using stock, nor did I make any effort to studiously track and graph out usage. My comments are based on my best estimated guess.

In my opinion, current battery life using Paranoid is better than any other phone that I have personally used and I have over 100 apps installed, including substratum.

I also use the phone for some multi-track audio recording, some games, a lot of YouTube and a lot of music listening.

I don't really pay a lot of attention to battery life because it is has been a non issue. Obviously the battery will last much longer if I am just listening to music or just talking on the phone.

After I installed, paranoid I noticed battery life was slightly degradated, so I installed Greenify.

On a typical day of heavy usage, the battery life will last from wake until bedtime: 17-18 hours, and still have 20 to 30 percent left when connecting it to the charger.

Next, I have not timed the quick charge. But I estimate that it will charge from 20% to 90% in approximately 30 minutes. Which in my recollection is much faster than charging using the stock ROM.

At the end of the day, it's totally worth switching from stock to a custom ROM. In my experience, Paranoid is a great option. I haven't tried the Omni ROM.

From what I have read, Paranoid is one of the few Roms in which everything works.

Although paranoid has 4 themes built in. Substratum allows a greater degree of control with theming. Again, battery life is very good and If you don't like the ROM there's many options. Plus it's very easy to just go back to stock.

Sent from my LeEco Le Pro3 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Thanks, I haven't tried black screen, and actually didn't realize that it included such a wide range of governors. Personally, I do not really need to micromanage my settings and battery usage. But its nice to know that we have such an amazing tool available. for our phones.
    Here is the dilema:

Flash Omni.

Quick Charge and Google Camera works on Paranoid 7.3.1 , AS does the IR remote on many of my electronic items., also fingerprint unlocks without issue.