Do we have TWRP yet?

Search This thread

pipyui

Jul 21, 2015
Bonito/sargo are set up like marlin/sailfish and crosshatch/blueline. They share a common folder and some parts of the vendor trees. I think in one of the boardconfigs for sargo, it pulls in the sargo vendor first for the sargo specific for, and then the bonito vendor to get the rest of the common files.

Ah, this does look to be the case. Are you running sargo or bonito?
I wonder if the sargo build isn't linking correctly to the bonito proprietaries. The muppets .mks look a little different from both marlin/sailfish and crosshatch/blueline - the former has proprietaries in each respective folder, while the crosshatch directory alone covers itself and blueline. For the 3a each device has its own directory, but the *-vendor.mk only covers for itself, and in the case of sargo it looks to also need bonito-vendor.mk - but I haven't found where that's linked (or perhaps supposed to be linked) yet.

If you're running sargo I have to wonder if you're missing these files?
Granted, I also only just jumped into this world, so it's easy to jump from one conclusion to another.

I really shouldn't be doing this at work -_-

gee one

Jul 29, 2010
linux command line
Ah, this does look to be the case. Are you running sargo or bonito?
I wonder if the sargo build isn't linking correctly to the bonito proprietaries. The muppets .mks look a little different from both marlin/sailfish and crosshatch/blueline - the former has proprietaries in each respective folder, while the crosshatch directory alone covers itself and blueline. For the 3a each device has its own directory, but the *-vendor.mk only covers for itself, and in the case of sargo it looks to also need bonito-vendor.mk - but I haven't found where that's linked (or perhaps supposed to be linked) yet.

If you're running sargo I have to wonder if you're missing these files?
Granted, I also only just jumped into this world, so it's easy to jump from one conclusion to another.

I really shouldn't be doing this at work -_-
I think those files get pulled in.

Marlin/sailfish is a little different because those phones have separate lists of proprietary files, as you found. I think crosshatch might be moving this way too, but I think it's not done yet. Sargo/bonito just has the initial commits from aosp with a few los changes, so it's still early.

Overall, the pixel phones have been a little slow to develop on. I think because of the a/b partitions and the vendor image issues. I think only marlin/sailfish have official builds right now, and they've been out for how long?

I'm on sargo.

pipyui

Jul 21, 2015
Joke's on me - I can't plug this into my computer. The requisite cable doesn't come in the box
Good job me, looks like this is gonna be some time yet

pipyui

Jul 21, 2015
No luck yet, can't get through the boot animation.
I've tried lineageos with muppets vendor and with full google sourced vendor to no avail.
Maybe I'll try a dirty flash and see how that goes.

pipyui

Jul 21, 2015
Got lineageos up and running last night. My error was in trying to flash the zip through TWRP - seems the system image doesn't write. Fastbooting the images did the trick though.
I'm running los with ZVNexus' vendor repo (thanks again ZVNexus!), which I've forked to add the lineage-16.0 branch to make repo sync easier.

Only issue I've had so far was with the vendor eSIM package, which would crash constantly and I had to remove (EuiccGoogle). This was before I flashed Gapps though, so maybe that would have resolved it. No problems with stock camera.

This is now my daily driver, so I tested stock los just long enough to get through first time setup before flashing OpenGapps (pico) and ElementalX kernel. Was able to download google camera from the play store, so fortunately didn't need to port it through vendor image.

No problems noticed since, but haven't tested wifi or bluetooth yet. Will update bout that tonight when I also get a chance to check the logcat.

pipyui

Jul 21, 2015
Wifi's working, bluetooth's working, gps is working. Not really sure what I'm looking for in the logcat, but it appears pretty clean.
Had some trouble with the Data Transfer Tool app that seems to have been downloaded by google first-time setup (migrates data from your old phone to the new one apparently). Had to uninstall that and factory reset to use the play store again. Don't know how else to work around that atm.

Created a new build with eSIM removed since it doesn't look to be working. Also removed OK Google - I didn't test it, and it should be provided by Gapps for any who want it.

I'll test it out when I'm prepared to wipe my phone again, but if any is keening for LineageOS on their 3a (xl) until then shoot me a message and I can send the image files your way to be installed via fastboot - clean install via TWRP doesn't seem to be working (for me at least) just yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update:

We (me and @ZVNexus) are still working to get twrp for pixel 3a and 3a xl. So far so good...we get the twrp to boot and seems "working"...so we have a semi working twrp for pixel 3a and 3a xl. I need some more time to get a full working twrp for 3a and 3a xl.

Thanks to @ZVNexus for providing the device tree. It helps me a lot.
    Here is some update about twrp. So far so good, but still need to fix some small issues before uploading. I need to upload my kernel+twrp source first.

b4spqg.jpg
    28lumi9.jpg
    1zfrgg5.jpg
    2hoh8o6.jpg
    14ajyup.jpg
    vifb07.jpg
    2qs6y4j.png
    I am still working with twrp. I will post more info when I finish. Sorry for the delay.
    I can take a look this weekend. Send me a link or file to test.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Could it be changes in android verified boot? There are several modes and most of them result in not booting unless everything is signed properly.

i am 100% willing to test

I have some free time today.. I will post a link when I finish. Crossing fingers
    Sorry for wasting space here, everyone. I was just wondering if the 3a XL has TWRP yet. I just ordered one and the first thing I do on a new device is install TWRP and root.

TWRP 3.3.1 for Pixel 3A XL [UNOFFICIAL] by ZVNexus