Question Do you have a green or grey tint on minimal brightness?

Search This thread

mufunyo

Jul 28, 2012
Sony Xperia 1 IV
The screen has a green tint in general, the white balance isn't perfectly D65. I still need to calibrate the white point. But there's no additional tint when I turn the brightness all the way down.

EDIT: After messing with the white balance I can see why they made the factory white balance so green. There is a serious bug and tinting the whole screen green hides the problem. Full thread detailing the problem here.

Last edited:

kinggo2

Dec 2, 2018
there's quite a difference between standard mode an creator mode. The former is more "cold" so with lower back light it looks like grey/blue but it is not a tint, just a dim colour

YandereSan

Sep 1, 2013
Pixel 4 had the green tint issue. If I recall correctly, it was related to the high refresh rate.

el_sur

Nov 12, 2014
I do. It's super annoying. Aside from generally having a green tint, it's pretty bad at low brightness. It's very distracting

el_sur

Nov 12, 2014
@zpk787 i had the issue, but it seems to have gone away after tweeking the white balance settings.

I have my phone set to standard mode with auto creator mode on for image quality, and then try your white balance to the attached image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220709-185257.png
    Screenshot_20220709-185257.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 38

zpk787

Oct 16, 2017
@zpk787 i had the issue, but it seems to have gone away after tweeking the white balance settings.

I have my phone set to standard mode with auto creator mode on for image quality, and then try your white balance to the attached image.
That's pretty interesting, thanks. I want to buy the 10 IV - skipped on the 10 III due to the screen issues, but there's nothing better on the market anyway and my current phone is way too old now so I'll just have to deal with it. Zenfone 9 is interesting, but it's gonna suffer from the same battery/heat issues as all sd 8 phones.