Kidney (ewww!)
Android (what a disappointment)

What Pies do you like?.... (or not)

Dirk

May 11, 2009
same as you
+curry chicken
+beef chilli
+ Android (well bits of it, but like you disappointed as seems to be going in wrong direction for more technical users)

I've never tried Curry Chicken in a Pie! Some Bombay Aloo on the side and you've got a dinner. One for the Bucket list.

No Pie would be complete without a great topping. Gravy for the hot pies, custard, cream or ice-cream for the desserts. So much yum.

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
I've never tried Curry Chicken in a Pie! Some Bombay Aloo on the side and you've got a dinner. One for the Bucket list.

No Pie would be complete without a great topping. Gravy for the hot pies, custard, cream or ice-cream for the desserts. So much yum.

Got a "gourmet" pie shop down the road it has about 40 different flavors! Just remembered, I also hate Chicken & Mango pie , my kids love it through! Shop doesn't do apple pie :crying:

Last edited:

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Got a "gourmet" pie shop down the road it has about 40 different flavors! Just remembered, I also hate Chicken & Mango pie , my kids love it through! No apple pie :crying:

Chicken & Mango? :eek: Sounds like the product of a disturbed mind. Like putting Pineapple on a Pizza!

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Chicken & Mango? :eek: Sounds like the product of a disturbed mind. Like putting Pineapple on a Pizza!

I just learnt one thing that makes Pie a fraction better, 2 finger swipe down for quick settings gets you to the settings icon in one swipe.
(had been used to pulling the quick settings panel down on the right side in Lineage to do this previously)

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I just learnt one thing that makes Pie a fraction better, 2 finger swipe down for quick settings gets you to the settings icon in one swipe.
(had been used to pulling the quick settings panel down on the right side in Lineage to do this previously)

The two finger pull down has been around for a while. Useful for those on stock ROMs that don't have the Quick Pulldown setting that you mentioned.

Android Pie leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Did Google really think that people wouldn't notice that they were deliberately creating an IOS clone? It boggles the mind. By doing so it simply invites direct comparison, which is the last thing that they should want as their own implementation just isn't as polished or refined. Instead of innovating they've copied. It's a sad state of affairs.

I've clean installed the Oreo ROM i'm using, installing older builds of Google apps that don't have the new UI or bloatware, and disabled updates. This is what i will use until Android becomes good again. Who knows how long that will be!

klym.software

Oct 4, 2018
Sorry I cant seem to find this setting. Any idea where I can find it on the OnePlus 6 android pie? Or do i have to switch to nova launcher?

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Sorry I cant seem to find this setting. Any idea where I can find it on the OnePlus 6 android pie? Or do i have to switch to nova launcher?

no setting, it works "out the box", well on my Essential phone anyhow, don't know about OnePlus. That's probably why I didn't realise it was there, having gotten so used to LineageOS in the last few years where you can set the right side of screen to do the same instead of two fingers

Dirk

May 11, 2009
So, err, Android Pie.... well, it's not very good, is it? Frankly...well...i'd probably say it's bloody awful. Just really, really awful. Can't think of one single redeeming quality. It a total duffer. Not one thing better than before, just....worse. In all respects. Worse.

In a world where Billions of people have a smartphone, the number of smartphone operating systems that i would personally use just went from one to zero. Tell me again why we let tech companies become monopolies?

1.jpg

Surely the place for the signal bars is in the Status Bar? Why not have the Settings icon there instead, rather than having to expand the panel to find it?

Last edited:

adi153

Mar 17, 2019
I don't know, in the early days of developing for my device it was not good actually, but with the time, I have learned to love it xd

agradese

May 6, 2019
Stockholm
This is the best pie :) ---> Pretzel Choco pie

INGREDIENTS
all-purpose flour, for work surface
1 all-purpose piecrust, doubled
8 large eggs
2 c. light corn syrup
1 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp. bourbon