Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I've never owned an X2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
The only we we're going to be able to use a tablet phone is by buying a foldable. The one thing that angers me is that all of these cell phones are almost the same. They are all about the same size, all have the same features, crappy curved screens etc. It would be nice if a manufacturer did something different like release a new phone with a 16:9 aspect ratio or something close to that. I could imagine it would sell if it were the only one on the market but these manufacturers continue to released redundant products then wonder why they don't sell as many.
myself I think like you, clone phones. And I don't like the external + internal screen

So sad because cool prototype exist, but are never released. xiaomi posted that in janaury 2019 !!:
(I was very excited!)
but did release a clone of huawei foldable with it mi fold !!!

juts now samsung, 7 days ago :
1631122729616.png

far more a good idea than foldable phone opn the market according to me

I have used my 702L consistently since I got it in 2016, but not for a phone. I use it for many apps, streaming, work and travel - especially for travel where I get a local sim and can use the phone if I need to. My current US sim is $10 mo (1 GB) - more than enough for when there is no wifi.

TWO QUESTIONS
1. The battery is finally giving out. Has anyone successfully replaced one? I guess I could DIY but would rather provide the battery and let a shop do it.

2. I've skimmed the forum but simply: what is the latest Android I can upgrade to? I'm still on 5.0.1 and would be happy to wipe and flash a ROM - but I don't want a project with 921 steps that will take all day (all I ever do is root my devices and flash recovery.) whats the quick and simple path to the latest version?

TIA

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have used my 702L consistently since I got it in 2016, but not for a phone. I use it for many apps, streaming, work and travel - especially for travel where I get a local sim and can use the phone if I need to. My current US sim is $10 mo (1 GB) - more than enough for when there is no wifi.

TWO QUESTIONS
1. The battery is finally giving out. Has anyone successfully replaced one? I guess I could DIY but would rather provide the battery and let a shop do it.

2. I've skimmed the forum but simply: what is the latest Android I can upgrade to? I'm still on 5.0.1 and would be happy to wipe and flash a ROM - but I don't want a project with 921 steps that will take all day (all I ever do is root my devices and flash recovery.) whats the quick and simple path to the latest version?

TIA
Yeah, I replaced the battery in mine. It wasn't hard to do at all. There is a guide on YoutTube for the X1 which is the same process as the X2. You'd have to update your 702L to Android 6 through either OTA or manually Dloading the update. Then you can flash KangVIP Slim or the ROM of your choice. It has been such a while since I've done this so I'm not actually sure anymore but I think Djiban or audioralf could possibly help.

Yeah, I replaced the battery in mine. It wasn't hard to do at all. There is a guide on YoutTube for the X1 which is the same process as the X2. You'd have to update your 702L to Android 6 through either OTA or manually Dloading the update. Then you can flash KangVIP Slim or the ROM of your choice. It has been such a while since I've done this so I'm not actually sure anymore but I think Djiban or audioralf could possibly help.

Thanks. Does anyone else have a quick, easy list of ROMs and the android version they have? Looking for my choices.

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
Thanks. Does anyone else have a quick, easy list of ROMs and the android version they have? Looking for my choices.
here is a exhaustive list of all X2 roms:

you also find tutorials to install stock and cutom roms.

Lineageos 14 is the only android 7 ROM, but cameras and gallery won't work. Kangvip slim B230 and Simply international B207 are the best android 6 roms.

update your 702L to android 6 (use this stock rom, see the tuto in first link above for how to install stock rom), then install TWRP recovery, and then flash the rom of your choice in it!

Last edited:
Reactions: oaklandz
here is a complete exhaustive list:

Lineageos 14 is the only android 7 ROM, but cameras and gallery won't work. Kangvip slim B230 and Simply international B207 are the best android 6 roms.

update your 702L to android 6 use this stock rom, see the tuto in first link above for how to install stock rom), then install TWRP recovery, and then flash the rom of your choice in it!
Thanks! That guidance is just what I need. Wow! Look at that list of ROMS.
Questions:
I am rooted (super SU / TWRP) with 5.0.1 (B006). 1.) what do I need to prepare / do to get ready besides app and data backup? 2.) When I flash to stock 6.0 will it keep keep TWRP and root?
I am sure I would like to ask other questions; doing that here is fine (others may benefit) but also i would like to do it by email, is that ok? What is your email? I am [email protected]

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
Thanks! That guidance is just what I need. Wow! Look at that list of ROMS.
Questions:
I am rooted (super SU / TWRP) with 5.0.1 (B006). 1.) what do I need to prepare / do to get ready besides app and data backup? 2.) When I flash to stock 6.0 will it keep keep TWRP and root?
I am sure I would like to ask other questions; doing that here is fine (others may benefit) but also i would like to do it by email, is that ok? What is your email? I am [email protected]
1) I advice titanium backup. Lots of tutos on the net. For a few money, you'll have app and date strong backup, and also regulary backup for later. Perfect for rom change! Not a new stuff, was the very very classic of ROM swapper.

2) for TWRP I goes away. Anyway, when you go from android 5 to android 6: you have to flash a new TWRP recovery (android 6 compatible)
For root , don't worry, I stongly advice you a custom rom, they are all prerooted.

here it's better for community help indeed

1) I advice titanium backup. Lots of tutos on the net. For a few money, you'll have app and date strong backup, and also regulary backup for later. Perfect for rom change! Not a new stuff, was the very very classic of ROM swapper.

2) for TWRP I goes away. Anyway, when you go from android 5 to android 6: you have to flash a new TWRP recovery (android 6 compatible)
For root , don't worry, I stongly advice you a custom rom, they are all prerooted.

here it's better for community help indeed
Yes, I have titanium backup and I use it. Thanks for the other information. I am waiting for a new batter and a rainy day to install and upgrade everything.

Reactions: Djiban

sauliavas

Nov 23, 2014
KNS
yes i do, and i like it, but recently geting more app compatibility problems cuz of prety old android 6

it js perfect size that fits jeans pocket jacket pocket, any other size pad or phone have terible screen ratio,

and i do have a problem cuz idk any succesor for this slim tablet

Last edited:

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
yes i do, and i like it, but recently geting more app compatibility problems cuz of prety old android 6
there is an android 7 rom, but with some bugs:

I use a lot myself apkmirror and uptodown websites to install old version apks in order to keep usable applications

Reactions: kevin_23

kevin_23

Nov 1, 2010
madrid

I use a lot myself apkmirror and uptodown websites to install old version apks in order to keep usable applications
is your daily driver?

sauliavas

Nov 23, 2014
KNS

Hey, thx interesting. I realy prefer kangvips versions, i wonder will he ever touch android 7 for this device ?

Is gps, wifi bt and duall sim is working fine ?

Regarding apps, some aps just drop support and old versions stops working.. have no solution for this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Poll: do you still have your X2? Please vote in the poll.
    Yes, daily driver since 2015 even with a 2nd cracked aftermarket screen because all aftermarket screens have an extremely thin GLASS digitizer whereas the OEM is a strong PLASTIC one.

Until this day, I have not been able to find a phone that is comparable to the X2 having a 7in screen with a 16:10 aspect ratio and battery size of at least 5000 mAh. Please post if you know of any!

@trurl3 @Rhonald @ajsmsg78

Please use the QUOTE feature when replying to me to get my attention. Thanks!
    Thanks DJiBan.

AJ, you feel the exact same way as I did when I posted the message above in 2019 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/do-you-still-have-your-x2.3890739/post-79029346) and even before that. All phones made today are sausage-shaped and narrow. In terms of display, its all about screen width - the maximum screen width that can be found today on a device with relatively normal specs is 3.1" whereas the X2 is 3.7" and this seems to make all the difference. The only exception is foldable devices which are astronomical in price and therefore a no-go. I may have just went with a Huawei Mate 20 X just for now until one day they release a device with a bigger screen-width, but it can't be rooted. The 3 things I'm looking for in a device with newer specs primarily are:
    * Screen width of ~3.6" and size of ~7"
    * Battery 5000mAh+ preferably Li-Po
    * Cellular bands that provide me with adequate signal. Here in Canada Bands #4,7,12 are a must but preferably 2,4,5,7,12,13,17,29 (https://www.signalbooster.com/pages/what-are-4g-lte-frequencies-bands-of-telus-rogers-bell)

Everything else such as battery saving techniques can be adjusted via software.

NEWS UPDATE: A few months ago in Feb 2021, someone has apparently managed to unlock the Bootloader of many Huawei devices so there may be hope for the Huawei Mate 20 X w/ Kirin 980 to be unlocked sometime in the future:
    My friend has a rooted Mate 20 X that we rooted back when root was open. He may want to sell it. I'll talk to him. He hasn't used it much in the last year.
    Maybe I will buy the mate 20x 5g but I prefer the extra large screen of my x2
    here is a exhaustive list of all X2 roms:

update your 702L to android 6 (use this stock rom, see the tuto in first link above for how to install stock rom), then install TWRP recovery, and then flash the rom of your choice in it!