Does any app exist that does not require root permissions that will allow me to reformat an SD card with a format of my choosing

Search This thread
Minor update I'm no longer really needing a solution to this problem although it would be very helpful for everyone if one was found as I'm sure this has been a problem too many people at this point)

I'm over here trying to root my S6 Lite tablet without a computer just a bloody cell phone and I am oh so close but I have no way of reformatting this SD card cuz xxxxx Android wants to put it as FAT32 for god knows what reason it's an 8 gig SD card and I've even tried reformatting it in both devices I have same result Android just being stupid and I am at the end of my rope here cuz I have not been able to find any apps once so ever that actually allow me to reformat an SD card with a format of my choosing or at least one that's usable

Now please tell me that someone on this xxxxx website has a solution to this problem because once again the weird stuff I'm doing has led me down a path no one else has seemingly took

(And if anyone's asking why I'm rooting this tablet it's because Android 12 works like crap)

Mod Edit: Some content removed.

Last edited:
I am kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place as I have not been able to figure out any method of formatting this SD card with something usable because Android is for some unknown reason only formatting it with FAT32 despite using two different devices to attempt to format it normally and I have not been able to find a single application that exists that does not require root permissions that would allow me to change the format of the SD card I have legitimately spent like three or four hours now trying to figure something out and have come up with nothing please someone here help

I'm just going to add this year that I obviously don't have access to a computer or this wouldn't be a problem

Last edited:

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
Root your phone and use twrp to change filesystem.

But in your case when you don't want to root. Unplug SD card and connect with adapter to your pc.

Go to this computer and right click on the SD card

Click format And select filesystem

Quick format is fine

Format and when finished
Put SD card back.

Done

Root your phone and use twrp to change filesystem.

But in your case when you don't want to root. Unplug SD card and connect with adapter to your pc.

Go to this computer and right click on the SD card

Click format And select filesystem

Quick format is fine

Format and when finished
Put SD card back.

Done

Both of those are a problem because I don't have a computer to use and I am trying to root my tablet and the only other device I have is an a20 cell phone that's not rooted either and I am so close but I can't Flash the modded firmware because Android is formatting the SD card with xxxx FAT32 so besides this SD card the only other option I have is to attempt to do the flash over wireless ADB I mean seriously if I had a bloody computer I would have been done like 3 days ago
Mod Edit: Some content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's a scam app that I kept running into if I recall it didn't even boot although it's hard to tell cuz I tried a couple that look pretty much identical to that so once again something that's completely useless I came here cuz I was hoping somebody would have an actual solution not the same garbage I kept running into trying to Google my way through this

it's an actual solution youre just being silly.

It's not or I would have found it by now I've tried everything you can find easily on Google and the Play Store absolutely nothing has worked or been anywhere near what I'm looking for besides a couple of apps that require root permissions I was coming here hoping that somebody would have an actual tool for this application not someone giving me the same
trash that google did, now I do appreciate you attempting to help but I need somebody here that is a lot more knowledgeable than you

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
It's not or I would have found it by now I've tried everything you can find easily on Google and the Play Store absolutely nothing has worked or been anywhere near what I'm looking for besides a couple of apps that require root permissions I was coming here hoping that somebody would have an actual tool for this application not someone giving me the same
trash that google did, now I do appreciate you attempting to help but I need somebody here that is a lot more knowledgeable than you
Normally a person would update the result and from there we look for another solution. Goodluck finding someone knowledgeable lol, if you weren't such a special one I would have suggested something more advanced :)

Greetings from a well respected Samsung SSD technician ;)