Question Does anyone else think THEIR S22 Ultra is a really bad phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
You guys are a trip. (It's already happening) you in here complaining about it every day and then you say oh fortunately that not gonna happen. 🙃
Me:

colbert-popcorn.gif

Reactions: Paul_Deemer

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
S21 Ultra has come a long way in terms of updates/bug fixes and I strongly feel S22 Ultra needs major updates to be on par with S21 Ultra as far as as UI/smoothness is concerned.
Unless both S21U and S22U are used side by side(with latest firmwares installed), probably one will not be able to feel the difference and might end up saying "no UI/lag issues with S22 Ultra".
As for batterylife, I did several tests using same mobile operators, on same location, over same Wi-Fi network - on similar settings+usage pattern(mostly) and the batterylife of S22 Ultra(Snapdragon) turned out to be way less than S21 Ultra(Exynos). Going further, I did factory reset both, waited for over a week to settle down and ended up having the same experience.

The overall experience with 22U isn't the best yet considering its potential and I hope to see a lot of these issues getting fixed through future updates.
FB is killing it. Keep social media apps off the phone. Access by browser only. They are security liabilities at best.
Depending on what other system apps they use their actual battery usage may be higher then reported.
Brave browser may give you better mileage*... not my favorite for streaming vids though. The Samsung browser streams vids well, install some spam blockers in it too for the Galaxy store.

*close out when done as for me it will run in the background otherwise sucking battery.

Add this settings mod:
Screenshot_20210824-120228_Settings.jpg

Reactions: dalepl

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
FB is killing it. Keep social media apps off the phone. Access by browser only. They are security liabilities at best.
Depending on what other system apps they use their actual battery usage may be higher then reported.
Brave browser may give you better mileage*... not my favorite for streaming vids though. The Samsung browser streams vids well, install some spam blockers in it too for the Galaxy store.

*close out when done as for me it will run in the background otherwise sucking battery.

Add this settings mod:
View attachment 5636949
I know they are battery hogs. I use them and not the browser. Use pvt DNS(dns.adguard) as well, have been using for several years now.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
You guys are a trip. (It's already happening) you in here complaining about it every day and then you say oh fortunately that not gonna happen. 🙃
"That's not gonna happen" - >> endurance generally increases when a successor comes up. That's how technology evolves, and should be. But in some iterations it decreases, like this S22U in comparison to the predecessor as an example. Don't blindly support manufacturers when like this it takes a step back with lame excuses.

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
"Enough" is subjective word. It's not enough for my usage pattern and I am not even a heavy user.

Posted here in this thread only, in comparison to S21 Ultra.
You're getting more than 8h SoT? Is that not good for you? Well, if it isn't how about tweaking a bit, like, as other users said, remove social media. Are you on 60 Hz or 120?

You're saying a phone is BAD because it "only" have 8h screen on time??

It's funny, because my S22U seems to last longer than my S21+

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
You're getting more than 8h SoT? Is that not good for you? Well, if it isn't how about tweaking a bit, like, as other users said, remove social media. Are you on 60 Hz or 120?

You're saying a phone is BAD because it "only" have 8h screen on time??

It's funny, because my S22U seems to last longer than my S21+
Lol. That over 8 hrs SOT is from S21 Ultra. In comparison to it, it's 5 hrs 43 mins from the S22 Ultra. All clearly mentioned.

120 Hz all. Let's not discuss about tweaking and all that and how to increase battery. Saying this because I clearly know how to tweak and do so accordingly and if a predecessor(s) is perfectly fine with the endurance having same apps installed and settings and still providing great batterylife, why a successor has to get rid of those apps and still lagging behind by quite a margin @ battery endurance(I tested uninstalling all social media apps as well). Clearly, the successor is very much underperforming @ battery.

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Lol. That over 8 hrs SOT is from S21 Ultra. In comparison to it, it's 5 hrs 43 mins from the S22 Ultra. All clearly mentioned.

120 Hz all. Let's not discuss about tweaking and all that and how to increase battery. Saying this because I clearly know how to tweak and do so accordingly and if a predecessor(s) is perfectly fine with the endurance having same apps installed and settings and still providing great batterylife, why a successor has to get rid of those apps and still lagging behind by quite a margin @ battery endurance(I tested uninstalling all social media apps as well). Clearly, the successor is very much underperforming @ battery.
Did you post your S22 Ultra 5h SoT?

EDIT: Nvm, it's in the same post, lol. So you had the exact same tweaking and usage from both phones and those are the results? Is that it?

Well, if that's the case, that's pretty weird. As i said i have a better battery life than my S21+. I know you're comparing ultras, but I would accept a similar batterybçife, not 3 hours less. Don't you think there is something more to this?
How come other users gets more than your S21U?
The answer probably is: battery life is extremely relative.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

That approaching an average of 850 mAh!
Unacceptable.
Even an average 400 mAh is high.

Reactions: Virgo_Guy
No they are not. It's the exact opposite. HERE is a poll. Majority says S22 Ultra gives lower battery endurance than S21 Ultra.
That poll is bunk. Multiple voting is allowed. Which means (so far) it wasn't 89 people voting it has 89 votes cast (one person has voted twice BTW). There is no way to determine if the people voting actually own an S22 Ultra or the S21 Ultra.

Furthermore, 89 votes is not even close to a good sample size; and 45% is not a majority, it has to be 51% or more to get a majority.

1655146106443.png

Last edited:

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
No they are not. It's the exact opposite. HERE is a poll. Majority says S22 Ultra gives lower battery endurance than S21 Ultra.
I said other users, like the ones that posted SoT in this thread, got more (or same) SoT than your S21U: about 8-9h.
It's not a *fact* that S21U battery last almost double S22U as you seem to show (8h vs 5h).
Even if you could prove that, for now, S21U battery lasts longer, doesn't mean the battery on S22U is crap, nor the phone itself is crap. You can't judge a phone by battery alone. It's the whole. And for the whole S22 Ultra is very, very good.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
That poll is bunk. Multiple voting was allowed. Which means it wasn't 89 people voting it was 89 votes cast.

View attachment 5637017
Huh? How come multiple voting affects the outcome of a poll winner? Or you are madly in love your S22U because you bought one and simply can't asccept anything negative?

Do a quick google search, read battery reviews of say 20 reviews, you will end up getting the conclusion that S21 has better endurance.

Huh? How come multiple voting affects the outcome of a poll winner? Or you are madly in love your S22U because you bought one and simply can't asccept anything negative?

Do a quick google search, read battery reviews of say 20 reviews, you will end up getting the conclusion that S21 has better endurance.
I can't believe you just asked that question. It means that one or more people can skew the vote by voting twice.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
That poll is bunk. Multiple voting was allowed. Which means it wasn't 89 people voting it was 89 votes cast.

View attachment 5637017
It's easy to see how good or bad it's doing.
How many mAh is it drawing at idle?
Using Brave browser?
Not intense applications, the basic ones you use all the time.
At idle I want to see occasional dips into the 60-90 mAh range while staying mostly in the 100-200 mAh range. Very few spikes higher than 400 mAh at idle.

A high baseline at idle is very undesirable. You can then try to track down what's causing the drain and especially frequent high current spikes ie cpu usage of the faster cores.
Everytime the fastest cores bump on they suck battery needlessly.

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville

Love my S22 Ultra 512gb U.S. Unlocked! I don't need Polls or Reviews to tell me the fact I Love my Phone. I have really no issues with it since day one. Why are you TRYING SO HARD to convince everyone else that they should hate their S22U because you hate yours?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
I said other users, like the ones that posted SoT in this thread, got more (or same) SoT than your S21U: about 8-9h.
It's not a *fact* that S21U battery last almost double S22U as you seem to show (8h vs 5h).
Other users can be from anywhere, even out of XDA. Does not matter. What's funny is the screnshots provided by 1 or 2 S22U users backing the 22U's battery here in this thread never showed the full battery charts top to bottom even for once😷.
Even if you could prove that, for now, S21U battery lasts longer, doesn't mean the battery on S22U is crap, nor the phone itself is crap. You can't judge a phone by battery alone. It's the whole. And for the whole S22 Ultra is very, very good.
I already proved it and experienced regularly. So did other people(visit samsung community, reddit, independant reviews etc, google is your friend).

Last edited:

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
Love my S22 Ultra 512gb U.S. Unlocked! I don't need Polls or Reviews to tell me the fact I Love my Phone. I have really no issues with it since day one. Why are you TRYING SO HARD to convince everyone else that they should hate their S22U because you hate yours?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

The batterylife of this phone is worse than many predecessors, that's my whole point. You do not have any issues, that's well and good. Others may have, like me.

Neither I love a phone nor I hate. So it gives me the opportunity to experience a device and look at both its pros and cons .

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
I can't believe you just asked that question. It means that one or more people can skew the vote by voting twice.
Lol no way. Looks lile you don't understand multiple vote scenarios.
People can change the vote later since Samsung phones need to settle as per many. So gave them that option. 2ndly, people may have two opinions, again based on their own experience over time.
Either way, it simply doesn't hurt the winning poll EOD that too by quite a margin.

Reactions: blackhawk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well my friends, after 39 days, 19 pages, 371 posts, and numerous "Snarky" and sometimes rude and inappropriate comments, I think there is only one thing left to do......

marv-da-martian-marvin-the-martian.gif

Cheers and thanks to all for your comments.

-Regards: Badger50
    Good day all :)

I've been following this conversation for a while now and would like to compliment most of you for remaining so civil and respectful in this at times heated discussion. I've seen quite a few very strong opinions but I've also seen some slipping towards intolerance. Please remember that we're all people with feelings and this is still just a technical device. It's not worth fighting over because in the end we'll all go with our personal preference and whatever anyone else chooses is not yours to judge so please refrain from making things personal. Thank you for upholding a level of respect that is becoming of this community. Carry on 👍
    **Moderator Announcement**

Folks, I'm going to have to remind you to be civil and respectful. We all have different opinions, and we are all entitled to those opinions, regardless of whether others like those opinions. Remember that there is a difference between discussing bugs, faults, shortcomings, etc of particular devices or software, vs just trash talking.

The bottom line here is, you don't have to like someone else's opinion, and you're free to debate with counterpoints, but you must respect everyone's right to their opinion.

If this devolves further into trash talking and incivility, we will close the thread, and may issue infractions as necessary.

Your understanding and cooperation are appreciated.
    I don't mean this to be as incendiary as the title might suggest, but I bought a S22U last week and was shocked by just how starkly different my experience with it was compared to all of the reviews.

Like the screen and camera are nice, sure, and it charges relatively fast...but the UI is slow and stuttery. Even when it's technically not stuttering, it still feels way more jerky and abrupt than phones like the Pixel, OnePlus, and the iPhone.

The battery life has also not been good at all. It's far worse than the S21U, and accubattery is saying I should only get 6.5 hours of SOT vs. the Pixel's 7 hours (for the Pro) and 7.5 hours (for the standard 6). If I recall, accubattery clocked the S21U at like 8 or 9 hours.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this phone?
    I think this thread is really bad but the phone is good.