Question Does anyone else think THEIR S22 Ultra is a really bad phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Lol no way. Looks lile you don't understand multiple vote scenarios.
People can change the vote later since Samsung phones need to settle as per many. So gave them that option. 2ndly, people may have two opinions, again based on their own experience over time.
Either way, it simply doesn't hurt the winning poll EOD that too by quite a margin.
Changing your vote is NOT multiple voting. Multiple voting is when you can vote more than once or make more than one selection per question.

How can someone say that he or she is getting worse battery life than the S21U AND better battery life than the S21U AT THE SAME TIME? Or be able to say I'm not sure AND say I'm getting better AT THE SAME TIME?

It is the fact that you allowed voters to make up to TWO selections. That is what multiple voting means.

Reactions: cbragg

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
There is no way to determine if the people voting actually own an S22 Ultra or the S21 Ultra.

Furthermore, 89 votes is not even close to a good sample size; and 45% is not a majority, it has to be 51% or more to get a majority.

View attachment 5637017
89 is a good number as compared to just the 2/3 here in this thread. The same 2/3 people constantly backing the 22U's battery saying it has better batterylife here in this thread, do NOT have any proof that they owned the S21U in the first place. Not a single screenshot of S21's battery usage. Can't count 0 as an opinion, let alone considering as a decisive element. It's me who showed full screenshots of both the batteries, not those 2/3 backing the 22U's battery.

It's not a parliamentary voting poll, it's a poll to see the winning poll only. As such, 45% alone amongst 4, is a good majority since the rest are way less individually.

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Other users can be from anywhere, even out of XDA. Does not matter. What's funny is the screnshots provided by 1 or 2 S22U users backing the 22U's battery here in this thread never showed the full battery charts top to bottom even for once😷.

I already proved it and experienced regularly. So did other people(visit samsung community, reddit, independant reviews etc, google is your friend).
Well, I showed and Paul_Deemer did too. Mine has a tiny charging due to connecting to a PC. Paul's doesn't. And yet you rejected because he was using youtube. Wtf?
Do you really think that we can't get abojt 8-9h?

No you didn't. You showed 2 charts with your usage. We don't know the conditions of either. And again you miss my point. Considering your information is true for ALL S21U and S22U in any conditions (which isn't, necessarily), the S22U has better specs than S21U which makes it consume more energy and a more powerful phone.

Let me put it this way. If you had a phone that is perfect for you, no lag, the best camera you ever saw, etc, but with a SoT of about 7-8h would you say it is crap?

Reactions: Paul_Deemer

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
89 is a good number as compared to just the 2/3 here in this thread. The same 2/3 people constantly backing the 22U's battery saying it has better batterylife here in this thread, do NOT have any proof that they owned the S21U in the first place. Not a single screenshot of S21's battery usage. Can't count 0 as an opinion, let alone considering as a decisive element. It's me who showed full screenshots of both the batteries, not those 2/3 backing the 22U's battery.

It's not a parliamentary voting poll, it's a poll to see the winning poll only. As such, 45% alone amongst 4, is a good majority since the rest are way less individually.
Ok, now you're just being ridiculous. We are on internet, no one will prove anything. I could get a google picture or just edit to 12 SoT and that's it. We proved as much as you by posting screenshots.
I can't show my S21+ SS because i sold it.

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
Changing your vote is NOT multiple voting. Multiple voting is when you can vote more than once or make more than one selection per question.

How can someone say that he or she is getting worse battery life than the S21U AND better battery life than the S21U AT THE SAME TIME? Or be able to say I'm not sure AND say I'm getting better AT THE SAME TIME?

It is the fact that you allowed voters to make up to TWO selections. That is what multiple voting means.
1. You can make two choices there. So multiple choices of two, not more than that.
2. Only an idiot will vote for "more than S21U" and "worse than S21U" at the same time. It's a such a common sense. I'm bamboozled that you could not get anything better to criticise.

From that poll, I took the screenshot of lower than S21U and higher than S22U choices(as attached). Not a single person clicked on both of these, because such an idiot doesn't, will not and cannot exist. 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220614-014206_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-014206_Chrome.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 32

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
Ok, now you're just being ridiculous. We are on internet, no one will prove anything. I could get a google picture or just edit to 12 SoT and that's it. We proved as much as you by posting screenshots.
I can't show my S21+ SS because i sold it.
You posted a screenshot with zero underlying usage chart that too with 3 battery recharges providing 9 hr batterylife @ SOT. And Paul_Deemer constantly used the phone with no standby usage to show how great the SOT is and again with no underlying usage chart ..

If you think that's the same as two distinctive screenshots with underying usages having full screenshots till the last app used, that's your problem that you need to fix.

Or you never had an S21U in the first place.

Come up with healthy criticism next time with convincing data. Until then, I'm happily out.

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
1. You can make two choices there. So multiple choices of two, not more than that.
2. Only an idiot will vote for "more than S21U" and "worse than S21U" at the same time. It's a such a common sense. I'm bamboozled that you could not get anything better to criticise.

From that poll, I took the screenshot of lower than S21U and S22U choices(as attached). Not a single person clicked on both of these, because such an idiot doesn't, will not and cannot exist. 🤣
One can argue the validity of this poll with the fact that there are trolls trying very hard to make anything Samsung related look bad, as we've seen in this. And the other way around
You posted a screenshot with zero underlying usage chart that too with 3 battery recharges providing 9 hr batterylife @ SOT. And Paul_Deemer constantly used the phone with no standby usage to show how great the SOT is and again with no underlying usage chart ..

If you think that's the same as two distinctive screenshots with underying usages having full screenshots till the last app used, that's your problem that you need to fix.

Or you never had an S21U in the first place.

Come up with healthy criticism next time with convincing data. Until then, I'm happily out.
I never said I had a S21U. I said I had a S21+ (exynos), that lastet just fine but less than my S22U.
Why do you want to see what apps were running? He posted 8+ hours.pf SoT and that's what we are discussing. OBVIOUSLY the S22U can last more than 5h. If yours is lasting that few you should tweak it.
You are saying a phone is bad just because YOURS isn't lasting more than 5h. That's nonsense.

m0tyrider

Dec 14, 2008
This phone is ****.

Had a overall better experience with my Poco X3 NFC...and that phones dialer doesn't even let me answer calls.

Poor form Samsung.

For what these cost, they are a massive rip off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well my friends, after 39 days, 19 pages, 371 posts, and numerous "Snarky" and sometimes rude and inappropriate comments, I think there is only one thing left to do......

marv-da-martian-marvin-the-martian.gif

Cheers and thanks to all for your comments.

-Regards: Badger50
    Good day all :)

I've been following this conversation for a while now and would like to compliment most of you for remaining so civil and respectful in this at times heated discussion. I've seen quite a few very strong opinions but I've also seen some slipping towards intolerance. Please remember that we're all people with feelings and this is still just a technical device. It's not worth fighting over because in the end we'll all go with our personal preference and whatever anyone else chooses is not yours to judge so please refrain from making things personal. Thank you for upholding a level of respect that is becoming of this community. Carry on 👍
    **Moderator Announcement**

Folks, I'm going to have to remind you to be civil and respectful. We all have different opinions, and we are all entitled to those opinions, regardless of whether others like those opinions. Remember that there is a difference between discussing bugs, faults, shortcomings, etc of particular devices or software, vs just trash talking.

The bottom line here is, you don't have to like someone else's opinion, and you're free to debate with counterpoints, but you must respect everyone's right to their opinion.

If this devolves further into trash talking and incivility, we will close the thread, and may issue infractions as necessary.

Your understanding and cooperation are appreciated.
    I don't mean this to be as incendiary as the title might suggest, but I bought a S22U last week and was shocked by just how starkly different my experience with it was compared to all of the reviews.

Like the screen and camera are nice, sure, and it charges relatively fast...but the UI is slow and stuttery. Even when it's technically not stuttering, it still feels way more jerky and abrupt than phones like the Pixel, OnePlus, and the iPhone.

The battery life has also not been good at all. It's far worse than the S21U, and accubattery is saying I should only get 6.5 hours of SOT vs. the Pixel's 7 hours (for the Pro) and 7.5 hours (for the standard 6). If I recall, accubattery clocked the S21U at like 8 or 9 hours.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this phone?
    I think this thread is really bad but the phone is good.