Question Does anyone have FULL Fastboot Flashing steps?

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. To be rooted? To merely flash full stock firmware? If the latter, just extract the full firmware zip and the latest Platform Tools into the same folder. If you don't want to wipe your phone, edit the Flash-All.bat with Notepad (assuming you're running Windows) and remove the "-w ", and save the file. Then open a command prompt in that folder, type Flash-All.bat and press enter. That's it.

If you're asking what are the steps the Flash-All.bat takes to flash everything that's in the inner zip file that's unextracted, just open the Flash-All.bat with Notepad and take a look.

If you're wanting to be rooted, [GUIDE] Root Pixel 6 Pro with Magisk.

If none of my guesses are correct, please be more specific of what exactly you're asking.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

s3axel

Yea, but i cannot tell where the image.zip is getting hung up at if i run that.
You could open a command shell and run the flash-all.bat from there - then you at least see the output of the command.

Or you can enter the commands from the flash-all.bat manually in a commandline window (everything starting with "fastboot..." )....

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I'm not sure if fastboot would work in a Linux terminal window as I've always used Windows... Best of luck finding a solution!

Oh, and by the way, you can use fastboot in CMD and flash individual partitions with it. An example command of flashing the bootloader file would be:

"fastboot flash bootloader bootloaderfilename.img"

You essentially just have to change the last word before the filename to flash different partitions (aside from when you're flashing the update image, as it's a little bit different then).

Also note that the bootloader.img file would have to be in the exact same location as your adb and fastboot files. But again, I'm not at all sure how it would work on Linux...

spart0n

Sep 5, 2018
LG G Pad 10.1
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm not sure if fastboot would work in a Linux terminal window as I've always used Windows... Best of luck finding a solution!

Oh, and by the way, you can use fastboot in CMD and flash individual partitions with it. An example command of flashing the bootloader file would be:

You essentially just have to change the last word before the filename to flash different partitions (aside from when you're flashing the update image, as it's a little bit different then).

Also note that the bootloader.img file would have to be in the exact same location as your adb and fastboot files. But again, I'm not at all sure how it would work on Linux...
Why would anyone ever change their bootloader?

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
If you want to flash each image separately, you can follow these steps (for some images, sequence is important, so I suggest following the sequence below to avoid issues)

Code:
################################################
### Files from the root of the factory image zip
################################################

# bootloader (replace <version> with the bootloader file version)
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-raven-slider-<version>.img

# reboot to bootloader
fastboot reboot bootloader

# radio (replace <version> with the radio file version)
fastboot flash radio radio-raven-<version>.img

# reboot to bootloader
fastboot reboot bootloader

#####################################################
### Files from the image zip in the factory image zip
#####################################################

# boot
fastboot flash boot boot.img

# dtbo
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img

# vbmeta
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

# vbmeta_system
fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img

# vbmeta_vendor
fastboot flash vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor.img

# vendor_boot
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img

# reboot to fastboot
fastboot reboot fastboot

# super
fastboot flash super super_empty.img

# product
fastboot flash product product.img

# system
fastboot flash system system.img

# system_ext
fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img

# system_other (replace <other> with the inactive slot)
fastboot flash system_<other> system_other.img

# vendor
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

# vendor_dlkm
fastboot flash vendor_dlkm vendor_dlkm.img

# reboot
fastboot reboot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Why would anyone ever change their bootloader?
    To update it.
    I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. To be rooted? To merely flash full stock firmware? If the latter, just extract the full firmware zip and the latest Platform Tools into the same folder. If you don't want to wipe your phone, edit the Flash-All.bat with Notepad (assuming you're running Windows) and remove the "-w ", and save the file. Then open a command prompt in that folder, type Flash-All.bat and press enter. That's it.

If you're asking what are the steps the Flash-All.bat takes to flash everything that's in the inner zip file that's unextracted, just open the Flash-All.bat with Notepad and take a look.

If you're wanting to be rooted, [GUIDE] Root Pixel 6 Pro with Magisk.

If none of my guesses are correct, please be more specific of what exactly you're asking.
    Yea, but i cannot tell where the image.zip is getting hung up at if i run that.
    You could open a command shell and run the flash-all.bat from there - then you at least see the output of the command.

Or you can enter the commands from the flash-all.bat manually in a commandline window (everything starting with "fastboot..." )....
    OK, I don't know LIX - is that some kind of Linux ?

I would still assume you can execute the dividual fastboot commands from the flash-all.bat (flash-all.sh) manually ?!