Question Does anyone have..

Search This thread

the.real.p3y0t3

Jul 15, 2020
..the vbmeta.img and boot_a from the unlocked variant? I tried flashing TWRP kind of half cocked, and yea... Anyhow, if someone has either\or or both of these files, hook a brother up!

the.real.p3y0t3

Jul 15, 2020
Disregard. I was able to unbrick with the dre8t_10_O.05_210713.ops firmware floating around. It wouldnt let me flash via MSMDownloadTool, however I was able to decrypt/extract the ops file with the oppo_decrypt python script, then reflash the vbmeta and vbmeta_system partitions plus boot_a and userdata with the extracted files.
PHEW had me scared for a minute

Travisholt92

Jun 28, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Honor 6X
OnePlus 6T
..the vbmeta.img and boot_a from the unlocked variant? I tried flashing TWRP kind of half cocked, and yea... Anyhow, if someone has either\or or both of these files, hook a brother up!
For future reference:

For unlocked variant:
Download the latest OTA update from the OnePlus website and you can use any assortment of payload dumpers to obtain all of the raw image files.
My payload dumper of preference is Fastboot Enhanced/Payload Dumper. It can even install the full OTA via fastboot/fastbootd

For T-Mobile and Metro variants I would recommend the T-Mobile MSM tool and update from there.

The download link to "Incremental OTAs" can be scraped from the system logcat at time of download.

I haven't looked much into incremental OTA and how it is setup yet.

the.real.p3y0t3

Jul 15, 2020
Thanks for the heads up. I actually already had the above mentioned OPS file when I bricked my device, I just hadn't been able to extract, then decrypt it. Had to download a obscure bzip2 binary for windows to extract the tar, etc etc.

riverstyxxx

May 9, 2015
A seller from ebay sent a t-mobile (2118) that was carrier unlocked, wasn't able to unlock the bootloader. Is there anything I can do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disregard. I was able to unbrick with the dre8t_10_O.05_210713.ops firmware floating around. It wouldnt let me flash via MSMDownloadTool, however I was able to decrypt/extract the ops file with the oppo_decrypt python script, then reflash the vbmeta and vbmeta_system partitions plus boot_a and userdata with the extracted files.
    PHEW had me scared for a minute
    For future reference:

For unlocked variant:
    Download the latest OTA update from the OnePlus website and you can use any assortment of payload dumpers to obtain all of the raw image files.
    My payload dumper of preference is Fastboot Enhanced/Payload Dumper. It can even install the full OTA via fastboot/fastbootd

For T-Mobile and Metro variants I would recommend the T-Mobile MSM tool and update from there.

The download link to "Incremental OTAs" can be scraped from the system logcat at time of download.

I haven't looked much into incremental OTA and how it is setup yet.