Question Does anyone know how to root this phone?

Search This thread
if you can't unlock a bootloader you can't flash a GSI.
You're I stand corrected. Thank you.
if you can't unlock a bootloader you can't flash a GSI. also with Qualcomm Samsung phones recently, even unlocked phones bought directly can't have their bootloaders unlocked the normal, easy way. it's not just carrier phones that can't be unlocked it's all newer Qualcomm Samsung phones in the US.
This is very interesting, and since Android Architectural changes I can see how this is possible.
I'll look into mentoned Qualcomm Samsung, Very interesting and potentially problematic vendor decition.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
T Mobile in the US is very aggressive when it comes to wiping out their version of OS. This started about 6 months ago. About this time, T Mobile also decided to throttle 4G (non-LTE) speed. The download speed of my T Mobile Nokia 521 suddenly drop from a nominal 6-7 Mbps to 1-2 Mbps. Switching to a SIM card that rely on AT&T towers restored the speed (6-7 Mbps). My area is supposed to get 5G last year. Unfortunately, the download speed is still a pathetic 10-12 Mbps.

Not really it was very easy took 5 min to flash XAA firmware on my A32 5G. I havent seen more than 10-12mbps over HSPA 3G in a long time. LTE and 5G still working great for me over 400mbps over 5G on T-Mobile. AT&T 3G in my area is useless cant even get 1 mbps.

Reactions: financeledger

financeledger

May 31, 2021
So you flashed the XAA U1 firmware via odin? and still see it? Weird...
can you elaborate more on what you did here? i have the same phone and im trying to either debloat or root. if you can post step by step what u did and share the firmware and odin you used. ill share with you latest a326u firmware A326USQU1AUCF_CL21188749_QB38923278_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS11

financeledger

May 31, 2021
i wonder if this comes into play
we dealing with a MediaTek MT6853

also

So, there's absolutely no way to unlock a bootloader if Tmobile requests them to be locked? Can I call Tmobile and ask them to unlock it?
I have found when you get T-Mobile to do a network unlock on your device it (should) trigger the oem unlock. Yes I have found a way to have T-Mobile unlock your network device 100% every time.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
I have found when you get T-Mobile to do a network unlock on your device it (should) trigger the oem unlock. Yes I have found a way to have T-Mobile unlock your network device 100% every time.
You mean you have found a way to have Tmobile network unlock your device, which is totally different than unlocking a bootloader, which Tmobile will not do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I unlocked two of these phones today. Using the paid service. Also installed the v3 TWRP on both and it worked as well. Totally rooted and ready to go.
    Sweeet
    Welcome on board !
    I unlocked two of these phones today. Using the paid service. Also installed the v3 TWRP on both and it worked as well. Totally rooted and ready to go.
    on US Tmobile devices, the OEM unlock option isn't even available to enable. But I was excited about this for 30 seconds!
    I'm sorry, but Bootloaders have been made this difficult for a reason.
    Mostly due to mobile carriers, their requrements for contract phones I do beleve.

I don't know for sure but it's possible that by Unlocking simlock will also unlock bootloader.
    (Unlocked my previous after contract end, simunlocked S7, flashed new os via odin which failed before taking simlock off by UK carrier provided code.

For anyone that have ADB available you can use it to check if unlock is permiten on Your device by following adb command
    adb shell getprop sys.oem_unlock_allowed
    if iy returns 1 as it does on my device you should be in luck.
    How are they able to bypass Samsung's lock? I don't think paying is worth it to get unlocked, esp over the internet where it could be a scam.
    you can join a telegram group full of people either waiting for or already had their bootloaders unlocked. it is quite pricey but it's not a scam (based on the people I've seen doing it) a moderator here used to do it and people have posted about being happy with the service they got.
    if it not via that route there currently isn't any other way to unlock bootloaders for US Samsung phones
    Be aware when you update ROM after that.
    Later version ROM can lock bootloader again and current token may not unlock again