Question Does Dolby atmos not working with games?

Search This thread

Zenzarahis

Feb 10, 2012
Eversince i bought this phone, i always turn on dolby atmos, especially the video preset. It makes the speaker much louder and fuller when listening to music and videos. But when launching games, the sound noticably weaker and flatter as if Dolby atmos is disabled.

I have tried to toggle Atmos from the QS button but no difference. I tried it on Spotify, the disabled atmos speaker sound is similar to when playing games. Toggling the "enhance audio" option in game turbo doesn't have any effect on sound quality either.

Does this problem always there for everyone or it is just my phone?

Here's my phone details:
Poco F3 128GB
Stock MIUI 13.0.5.0 SKHIDXM Stable

Zenzarahis

Feb 10, 2012
Yeah i have the same problem as you. Was trying to find a solution and i found your thread. It's most noticeable in games and ringtones.
Me too were trying threads that discusses this issue but surprisingly i can't find one. I don't know whether this some random chance that our phone just doesn't work or it's the same for everyone

cyanGalaxy

Dec 30, 2018
Germany
Sony Xperia M
Moto G4
Do you guys just use Stock MIUI ROM or a Custom ROM like Xiaomi.eu ?

I remember playing Dead by Daylight on Xiaomi.eu MIUI 13 (don't remember if Stable or Weekly), and Dolby Atmos definitely worked during that gaming-session!

I'll be going from AOSP back to Stock Poco MIUI. Will check for Dolby in Games.

Zenzarahis

Feb 10, 2012
Do you guys just use Stock MIUI ROM or a Custom ROM like Xiaomi.eu ?

I remember playing Dead by Daylight on Xiaomi.eu MIUI 13 (don't remember if Stable or Weekly), and Dolby Atmos definitely worked during that gaming-session!

I'll be going from AOSP back to Stock Poco MIUI. Will check for Dolby in Games.
I'm on stock MIUI 13.0.5.0 SKHIDXM. So far this has been happening since miui 12.5 days back when i first bought this phone in January 2022. Never rooted, never unlocked the bootloader, all stock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it should theoretically work. i'm not on MIUI, but in an AOSP Custom ROM with a Dolby Magisk Module and it works everywhere.