Question Does flickering issue exist on everyone?

Search This thread

Ekblad

May 3, 2017
I see, well I did not know about this option. But the result is still the same, no issues whatsoever.
Screenshot_2021-04-27-10-28-45-632_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Blizzard22

Jun 7, 2010
12.0.15 eu rom (germany) I can get flickering, was not resolved imo. I'm someone used to using low light and dark mode intensively so it might be occurring more that way. I thinks this happens especially with a floating youtube window. Maybe its less occurring with the update but I can definitely saw it flickering in this update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frag1le

Ekblad

May 3, 2017
To everyone who still has issues even after updates: why don't you try the *mak626* solution through adb settings change? It works really well and who needs dynamic RR to 60hz anyway?

Reactions: Frag1le

Frag1le

Nov 1, 2007
Redmi Note 10 Pro
To everyone who still has issues even after updates: why don't you try the *mak626* solution through adb settings change? It works really well and who needs dynamic RR to 60hz anyway?
Yes that works great.
The only apps I have that overrules the 120hz and drops to 60hz are Google Maps and Waze.

There is no real battery difference in using 120hz all the time.

Last edited:

Redpex

Mar 29, 2021
I've updated to 12.0.15.0 (Global) a couple of days ago and I gotta say it seems stellar now. It keeps at 120Hz at all times and only when opening and using Youtube it goes to 60Hz due video playback... but that seems normal / intentional specific app behaviour... as soon as I swap to another app or UI menu, it goes back and stays at 120Hz.

So I can't say it's definitely fixed for all, but so far in my case I can say it looks like it...

ushgaga

May 1, 2011
Or they could try to do a factory data reset, since it's working fine on yours.

LeDiable

• Feb 18, 2010
    Mumbai
    Yes, it exists. The good part is that it only exists at really really low brightness and only at 120Hz, near the lowest possible brightness actually. I presume this to be a hardware issue and doubt if any amount of software tweaks would be able to resolve it.

On a more positive note, I see it daily before falling off to sleep and that's a good thing, it makes me keep the device away earlier than I would usually have 😜

CamoAndres

Jan 2, 2019
    Bogotá
    I also noticed this problem with low brightness with applications with gray background at 120hz, but since it was updated to 12.0.14 Global it seems fixed. I hope they improve the performance of the proximity sensor in future updates :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      hello guys, I thank you for all the information provided here, they helped a lot to understand the flikering problem of my redmi note 10 pro.

a proven "solution" that I found that solves this problem of switching between 120Hz / 60Hz when not touching the screen was as follows:

- open an app that clearly shows the flikering effect.

- open the top notification bar and on the brightness slider, increase the brightness as much as possible (more than 50% brightness)

-then reduce the brightness to less than 50% (in my case, I almost always use the brightness between 20% -30%) and keep the brightness below 50%.

PS: whenever the phone is locked and unlock we have to repeat the process again.

Sorry for bad English and good luck!
      The flickering is in most probability a software issue. I figured that it was due to the Auto color scheme in Settings > Display.

I would recommend changing the colour scheme to your preference under Settings > Display and disable auto Coloring.

Hope it helps!
      Download the app activity launcher and search for antiflicker mode. It's a hidden setting in miui for our device. See if it helps for you
      I haven't noticed any flickering on my Note 10 Pro, not even on 120Hz and low brightness. I did notice the uneven colors on top and bottom parts of the screen, on lowest brightness there is a strong reddish tint if using 120Hz, as I showed in another post:
      gFZhfyB.jpg

and on all other brightness it's still present but not as strong and it's greenish instead of reddish. It becomes less noticeable the higher the brightness but it still makes the whole screen look greenish.
      Yes the greenish tint is present in majority of apps . It reduces to an extend by disabling "adjust text and background automatically" in dark mode settings.

And for the Flickering , perhaps try playing any videos on chrome browser at 120hz at low brightness.It flickers like crazy for me
      Now I do see the flickering, but only if I watch youtube on chrome. The flickering is not present on the youtube app so maybe it can be fixed with a software update?

Thanks for the advice on the "adjust text and background automatically", it does improve the image at the minimun brightness (though it still looks quite bad on 120Hz...).
      The thing that I actually found have helped more with the greenish tint is using the colors on "automatic" instead of Standard. I usually use standard because it's more faithful to the original colors and the automatic commonly gives a blueish tone but this blue tone masks the greenish tint, making it good enough at 60Hz that I don't notice it. On 120Hz it still looks too greenish at low brightness.