• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Does LG not know about the issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

helikido

Oct 23, 2010
Hey, I just got off the phone with a customer rep with LG.

I told him about the visible touch matrix, yellow tinted screen, and the hair line cracks I'm starting to get for no reason. I also told him about the screen vertical line flickering issue with my phone on high brightness. Thankfully, the man seemed very nice and it seemed like they are willing to fix the phone free of charge. Just repair only.

So what I was wondering, with he digitizer issue so common and the hair line cracks, do the employees know and just are not admitting or do they actually not know anything?

Sent from my LG Gangster 3

Molius

Sep 2, 2011
Haven't noticed any of the faults You described on mine G3 (D855). Bad unit maybe? Mine's going really strong, nothing wrong with screen, no visible lags (after disabling thermal throttling in secret menu), battery life could be better (as always), otherwise, I've got no complaints.

DevilMayEmo

Nov 17, 2011
My phone is nearly a week old now and i check for em cracks nearly every day. Without being offensive to anyone who works at customer service usually the people are completely clueless when it comes to things. It is just like people who sell pcs in my country and phones they usually have not much of a clue. Saw a guy selling phones the other day a woman asked him where the sd slot is and he seemed helpless. Ahaha..

My guess is someone somewhere at lg knows but not all of them are informed.
Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

bigkevbosky

Apr 13, 2012

I told him about the visible touch matrix, yellow tinted screen, and the hair line cracks I'm starting to get for no reason. I also told him about the screen vertical line flickering issue with my phone on high brightness. Thankfully, the man seemed very nice and it seemed like they are willing to fix the phone free of charge. Just repair only.

So what I was wondering, with he digitizer issue so common and the hair line cracks, do the employees know and just are not admitting or do they actually not know anything?

Even if LG knew, their customer service reps would be instructed to not give any sign that anything was wrong. The last thing a company wants to do is promote that there may be a problem with a product they make. They only admit it when they have to.

But I don't think there is anything wrong with these phones, we've already established in other threads that you're too picky.

GTCC

Jan 18, 2013
Even if LG knew, their customer service reps would be instructed to not give any sign that anything was wrong. The last thing a company wants to do is promote that there may be a problem with a product they make. They only admit it when they have to.

But I don't think there is anything wrong with these phones, we've already established in other threads that you're too picky.

I would think that anyone with a problem screen or especially a cracked casing has every right to complain and they are far from being picky.

I will add that I have no problems that I can see with the hardware of my G3, software wise I think it could be a little faster but that screen is something that has to be seen to be appreciated. I was a bit sceptical about how much better the screen could be over my M8 or Nokia 1520 but it really is.

Last edited:
Reactions: helikido

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
It's gotta be said, and please remember, I'm only joking, but you probably cooked your poor phone with all those disabled high temperature settings. :p
On a serious note, I've not had any of the problems that you are reporting either. And as I said in one of the threads all those settings are already disabled on the v10j rom I'm running.

bigkevbosky

Apr 13, 2012
I would think that anyone with a problem screen or especially a cracked casing has every right to complain and they are far from being picky.

I will add that I have no problems that I can see with the hardware of my G3, software wise I think it could be a little faster but that screen is something that has to be seen to be appreciated. I was a bit sceptical about how much better the screen could be over my M8 or Nokia 1520 but it really is.

helikido is actually on his 3rd or 4th or maybe 15th G3 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-lg-g3/general/t-mobile-hard-time-t2849022

He is being picky.

Reactions: GTCC and MRCANNADY

n3m37h

Dec 3, 2011
Belleville, Ontario
Some people don't realize when there are a million of one thing made, there are bound to be faulty ****. The only prob I've had as of yet is it's hard to plug in the usb some times other then that this is one hell of a sexy phone

Sent from my LG-D852 using XDA Premium HD app

helikido

Oct 23, 2010
Damn!! I mean...DAMN! All these issues, plus the other numerous posts, yet he STILL has the G3? "Things that Make you go hmmm" ;)
Simply put, I want to get a phone that stands out from the crowd and is unique to itself. The G3 is exactly that. At the same time I willing acknowledged that the first batch of phones may be faulty but I bought it with the intention that if any are faulty I will just exchange the phone until I get a proper functioning one. But right now I have decided to wait it out a couple of months until I send it in to LG, so that they have time to work out all the production issues.
helikido is actually on his 3rd or 4th or maybe 15th G3 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-lg-g3/general/t-mobile-hard-time-t2849022

He is being picky.
3rd G3. The first one had dust under the display. The 2nd one was faulty right out of the box on the counter. I didn't even have to tell the employees anything. The third I got stuck with a yellow tint display.

So I basically exchanged my phone once legitly if you don't count the one that was faulty out of the box. Now stop staying stupid BS like I'm being picky and start doing your own damn research. Allot of people are having the cracks on the side issue....all it is, is just a simple Google search. And I obviously am not the only one to have a display with a yellow tint and visible digitizer. Allot of people have reported it. Lets not be ignorant.

bigkevbosky

Apr 13, 2012
So I basically exchanged my phone once legitly if you don't count the one that was faulty out of the box. Now stop staying stupid BS like I'm being picky and start doing your own damn research. Allot of people are having the cracks on the side issue....all it is, is just a simple Google search. And I obviously am not the only one to have a display with a yellow tint and visible digitizer. Allot of people have reported it. Lets not be ignorant.

I'll make you a deal, I'll stop calling you picky if you stop creating threads like this about your personal issues with the G3. We all get it, you had issues. No need to keep creating new threads whining about it.

helikido

Oct 23, 2010
I'll make you a deal, I'll stop calling you picky if you stop creating threads like this about your personal issues with the G3. We all get it, you had issues. No need to keep creating new threads whining about it.
What my threads are doing is helping people become aware that they potentially may have faulty devices. And if they do nothing about it well....$600 down the drain?

You obviously don't know anything about mechanical devices.....even the slightest issues and improper manufacturing can affect the life of your device. And if my thread helps people become aware of issues that are present and may become worse, I'm perfectly happy. Unlike you I willingly acknowledge that my G3 and so many others are having issues. But that does not mean I get to bash it. Just make people awareth that the issue exist so they don't flip out.

Aug 10, 2014

Stop moaning and get on with it.
There's no matrix or screen texture. The problem with these phones is with lag and stutter not screen texture.

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
Maybe there's a few quality controls issues but I'd guess LG don't care too much as the G3 is..."outselling the S5 three to one..."

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/27/lg-g3-review-the-best-phablet-to-date

Sent from my LG-F400K using XDA Free mobile app

That is one of the dumbest statistics I've seen... it is selling 3x more than a phone that was released earlier in ONE country.

The G3 is expected to sell about 10M overall, which is good - but a heck of a lot LESS than the samsung...

Selling 3x more my arse. Lol.

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
hellokitty goes cry cry again. LOL

even if it reaches the 100th exchange phone you aren't going to give up on G3 right? hahaha
common sense to do for us is if we still get a faulty unit on the 3rd exchange then we will ask for a refund to buy another phone and not be a crybaby here in the forum, thus end of story.

most of the people here have got good units. you seem to be the luckiest when it comes to defects be it real,nitpicked,imagined or hallucination. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

He is being picky.