Question Does OnePlus Nord N200 support monitor mode?

Search This thread

TheFilthyMongol

May 23, 2022
I want to get an android phone that can use WiFi cracking tools like reaver and aircrack-ng on NetHunter. These tools need monitor mode, so will they be usable on the OnePlus Nord N200?

Aselloph

Jun 1, 2022
Hello there, TheFilthyMongol.

Monitor mode is supported by the OnePlus Nord N200. As verification, I've included a screenshot.

SupportedInterfaceModesNordN200.jpg

Here is a link to the Official Kali NetHunter Images. There is currently no kernel for the OnePlus Nord N200 in the Official Kali NetHunter Images.

Reactions: GOOGLE_USER

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
where I go, there I've been.

Monitor mode is supported by the OnePlus Nord N200. As verification, I've included a screenshot.

View attachment 5632631

Here is a link to the Official Kali NetHunter Images. There is currently no kernel for the OnePlus Nord N200 in the Official Kali NetHunter Images.

Hello there, to you, @Aselloph .

Just offering some observation and advice to help you achieve increased effectiveness/responses to your posts.

You will notice that if you address the party, to whom you intend to comment, in the fashion that I have done above, it will alert that Member that you have done so.
Similarly, if you will select the "Reply" button of the Member's post to which you wish to reply, it will alert them and quote them within your responding post. It can seem that it may make little difference in a two party conversation; however, for the sake of continuity in an open forum where multiple conversations evolve concurrently, it is best to adopt utilization of the proper tools available.

This post was intended as a helpful demonstration, not a criticism. If my explanation is lacking in some regard or you just have any question regarding my post here then feel free to respond as I've demonstrated. Then I will be alerted.

And to alert the Original Post Member, I will do this: @TheFilthyMongol
If the Member is still active and monitors, then perhaps you will get a response. 😁

Reactions: Aselloph

Aselloph

Jun 1, 2022

Just offering some observation and advice to help you achieve increased effectiveness/responses to your posts.

You will notice that if you address the party, to whom you intend to comment, in the fashion that I have done above, it will alert that Member that you have done so.
Similarly, if you will select the "Reply" button of the Member's post to which you wish to reply, it will alert them and quote them within your responding post. It can seem that it may make little difference in a two party conversation; however, for the sake of continuity in an open forum where multiple conversations evolve concurrently, it is best to adopt utilization of the proper tools available.

This post was intended as a helpful demonstration, not a criticism. If my explanation is lacking in some regard or you just have any question regarding my post here then feel free to respond as I've demonstrated. Then I will be alerted.

If the Member is still active and monitors, then perhaps you will get a response. 😁
Hello @google user.

Thank you for your response and the information you provided. I appreciate your assistance in making my posts more successful.

What is the best approach to notify the original poster, in your opinion? Should I utilize both the @UserNameHere AND reply features, or should I prioritize one over the other?

Thank you @google user, I appreciate your help.

GOOGLE_USER

Jul 8, 2016
where I go, there I've been.
Hello @google user.

Thank you for your response and the information you provided. I appreciate your assistance in making my posts more successful.

What is the best approach to notify the original poster, in your opinion? Should I utilize both the @UserNameHere AND reply features, or should I prioritize one over the other?

Following the best practice of quoting via the "Reply" button will supersede a concern of which is most effective. Since the "Reply" method will by default alert the Member, it simply will happen. Moreover, the two methods may be utilized in differing scenarios - at least in my use cases.

Example: Having already quoted you, I am not concerned about that; you are alerted. However, I wish to involve another Member in this conversation and so I will alert @orb_selektor by tagging thusly here in this conversation. This will provide an opportunity for an "Official" welcome to XDA, which I shamefully neglected to extend to you in the previous post.

So, until @orb_selektor appears... Welcome to XDA!

Please do note, to tag the individual Member as demonstrated, one must be certain to enter the Member's name exactly as it appears under their avatar. I was alerted to this reply of yours because you correctly used the "Reply" button. But the Member you tagged was not me. We may get @google user in the conversation here, too, but that seems unlikely. That Member has been inactive for several years now. 👍

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Hello @google user.

Welcome to XDA!

Following the best practice of quoting via the "Reply" button will supersede a concern of which is most effective. Since the "Reply" method will by default alert the Member, it simply will happen. Moreover, the two methods may be utilized in differing scenarios - at least in my use cases.

Example: Having already quoted you, I am not concerned about that; you are alerted. However, I wish to involve another Member in this conversation and so I will alert @orb_selektor by tagging thusly here in this conversation. This will provide an opportunity for an "Official" welcome to XDA, which I shamefully neglected to extend to you in the previous post.

Please do note, to tag the individual Member as demonstrated, one must be certain to enter the Member's name exactly as it appears under their avatar. I was alerted to this reply of yours because you correctly used the "Reply" button. But the Member you tagged was not me. We may get @google user in the conversation here, too, but that seems unlikely. That Member has been inactive for several years now. 👍

Thanks mate!
Any loyal XDA member can give welcomes as well :)

Aselloph

Jun 1, 2022

Thank you once again for your assistance, GOOGLE_USER. I appreciate the example and all of your explanations, as they have helped me to fully comprehend and identify the correct process of notifying/alerting members. I'll make a point of always returning to your guidance to make sure my postings are as effective as possible.

Thank you for your welcome to me, GOOGLE_USER. I'm thrilled to be a member of such a wonderful community.

In addition, thank you @orb_selektor for your welcome. I appreciate it.

Thank you for all of the help @GOOGLE_USER.

Aselloph

Jun 1, 2022
Is this from Nethunter? How did you go about building a custom kernel?
Hi VoXR,

The image I attached was from my OnePlus Nord N200 5G device.

I did not build a custom kernel in order to obtain the screenshot.

To acquire that screenshot, I performed the following:
  1. Installed Termux
  2. Ran pkg install root-repo
    1. I had to run this twice before I could do step 3
  3. Ran pkg install iw -y
  4. Ran pkg install tsu
  5. Ran sudo iw list
  6. Scrolled up on the listed information until I discovered "Supported interface modes:"
I believe @Rusty Ferrari would be a better fit for your query, given that they managed to get NetHunter up and running on the OnePlus Nord N200.

Reactions: GOOGLE_USER

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello @google user.

Hello @google user.

Hello @google user.

Welcome to XDA!

Thanks mate!

Thank you once again for your assistance, GOOGLE_USER. I appreciate the example and all of your explanations, as they have helped me to fully comprehend and identify the correct process of notifying/alerting members. I'll make a point of always returning to your guidance to make sure my postings are as effective as possible.

Thank you for your welcome to me, GOOGLE_USER. I'm thrilled to be a member of such a wonderful community.

Hello @google user.

Hello @google user.

Hello @google user.

Welcome to XDA!

Thanks mate!