Question Does pixel 6 pro work on 5G in non official countries?

Search This thread

ekerbuddyeker

Unfortunately, it currently does not. I'm sending daily messages to support in my phone settings about it, probably it won't help, but at least I can spam as much as I want.

People don't talk about it enough for google to get off its ass and finally do something about it
Which country are you in that it doesn't work

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

bush911

Oct 12, 2012
重庆
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel

Azerox

Jan 26, 2010
Groningen
I'm thinking about buying and using the 6 pro to travel. Will the unlocked 6 pro get 5G outside the official countries where google sells the device, on networks that are 5G (and where the pixel has the bands)?
In the Netherlands i have 5G (KPN).
Screenshot_20220118-154619.png

ekerbuddyeker

I do not believe you will get either 5G or volte outside of the 8 or 9 official countries where the pixel was launched. So it really depends where you go. Saying that, I sold my pixel 6 pro so you would need to have someone else answer this as perhaps it changed in the last update

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
I do not believe you will get either 5G or volte outside of the 8 or 9 official countries where the pixel was launched. So it really depends where you go. Saying that, I sold my pixel 6 pro so you would need to have someone else answer this as perhaps it changed in the last update
the google pixel forums have hundreds of posts from people saying they are using a Pixel 6 in a country where it isnt offically sold and they have no 5G or VoLTE.

Reactions: PeterWWW

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Guys read this https://www.xda-developers.com/goog...0.1172458839.1642336754-1276989149.1628205188
What I read from this is the the Pixel 6 is much more limited to the 5G offering, where as the 6 Pro generally covers both 5G offerings. So if you got your phone from UK, it does not support mmWave, if your provider in Poland is this then your out of luck, you could try sending your phone back and choosing a carrier or country that support both then you could be in luck.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately, it currently does not. I'm sending daily messages to support in my phone settings about it, probably it won't help, but at least I can spam as much as I want.

People don't talk about it enough for google to get off its ass and finally do something about it
    At the moment I'm in Poland

Which country are you in that it doesn't work
    5G and VoLTE don't work for me in China on a 5G plan that supports VoLTE and has it enabled at the carrier level.
    i'm in swiss, and my 6 pro works very well, 5g and volt over swisscom.. :)