• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Does Pixel Experience custom rom work on sm a105f?

Search This thread

taku1999

Jul 4, 2019
Hello friends :)

I need some help here maybe i may be doing something wrong.

I have been testing custom roms for some time now...and i have tried out two roms, lineage os and havoc os and they work very well.
But when i try the pixel experience rom it keeps on bootloop.

I use samsung galaxy a10 (sm a105f) and the roms that work on my phone are of arm32 with 64 binder (A64, with partition A).

All roms work except pixel experience....of which it is the best rom that i have always wanted.

I downloaded the rom from this link https://sourceforge.net/projects/expressluke-gsis/files/PixelExperience/Ten/A64/A/

i also tried the ARM but they are all ending up in a bootloop

Can someone help me please.....does it require a different approach or maybe im not doing something right....which are the same steps i used to successfully install lineage OS and havoc OS

Sorry for bad english...all help appreciated :)

kind regards :)

Last edited:

taku1999

Jul 4, 2019
Hello, well I edit my previous comment.
Solving your doubt, I managed to boot Pixel Experiance on my A10 but despite one of my favorite roms there are many things that do not work.
As I said, the A64AB worked for me and you are only A.
Sorry my bad English

Thanks for your post you helped me to see where my error was......just realised mine is also AB, same as yours and not only A.
Downloaded the pixel rom A64AB and it booted successfully.
However, it seems as if the following things are not working:

-navigation gestures (only back button working);
-status bar not fully sliding down;
-search bar in settings is not appearing and;
-setting up security feature (pin, pattern, paasword etc)

Are these part of the things you referred to as not working on your device too?
If so did you find a fix for them or we will need to wait for a gsi rom that works better?

So for now i installed lineage OS 17.1 with gapps (super) and got just almost the same features that come in the pixel phone :)

Thanks for your post man :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your post you helped me to see where my error was......just realised mine is also AB, same as yours and not only A.

If so did you find a fix for them or we will need to wait for a gsi rom that works better?

So for now i installed lineage OS 17.1 with gapps (super) and got just almost the same features that come in the pixel phone :)

A pleasure to help you, and so it is, apart from the errors you mention, there are also the following:
-Mobile data is not activated
-Night mode completely turns off the screen
-Dark mode doesn't work either
I also think we will have to wait for a more stable GSI. For now I stay with UltimateQ ✌

taku1999

Jul 4, 2019
A pleasure to help you, and so it is, apart from the errors you mention, there are also the following:
-Mobile data is not activated
-Night mode completely turns off the screen
-Dark mode doesn't work either
I also think we will have to wait for a more stable GSI. For now I stay with UltimateQ ✌

Bro i did some experimenting....maybe it may work for others as well.

I noticed that after installing the rom, there will be about 51- 60mb of storage only, which means you wont be able to install gapps that may help replace apps which are not working well eg carrier services, phonesky etc.
Also other websites had suggested if some of the features were not working you have to access and run pixel setup wizard by using a third party launcher like nova launcher, but in doing so it always crashed for me.
I also wanted to get many apps that come from gapps larger packages like the super or aroma packages

So this is what i did:
-I downloaded gapps super package from gapps site (about 950mb i forgot actual size).
-I installed the pixel experience rom and reboot into twrp ( i refrained from rebooting into system to avoid errors).
-I mounted all partitions and went to file manager.
-Navigated to system folder and looked for app, priv app folders, as well as in the product folder.
-I looked for all apps in these folders that are present in the gapps package and deleted most of them.
-I reboot into twrp recovery again
-I mounted all partitions and did advanced wipe-repair or change file system and selected file system to repair or resize.
-Afterwards i had a total of about 1.8gb of storage (weird lol).
-I installed gapps super package (im sure the bigger one called aroma package of about 1gb would work as well) and installed without errors.
-I reboot and it stuck on bootloop, so i went back into recovery and i went to wipe-factory reset in order to reset phone
-I reboot, amazingly the phone booted and it took me straight to pixel setup wizard successfully.
And viola! After finished setting up all of those features we mentioned as to not working, surprisingly started to work (all of them).

I am now using my favourite rom with gapps super package :).

Im sure if someone who wants this can try it on other gsi roms (havoc os and lineage os gsi roms, i used to do it and it worked) if they want to install bigger gapps package but as i said its an experiment so the outcome may be different at your side.

What's your thoughts on this? :).

Last edited:

adhilmhdk

Dec 3, 2021

How did you downloaded the pixel rom A64AB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, well I edit my previous comment.
    Solving your doubt, I managed to boot Pixel Experiance on my A10 but despite one of my favorite roms there are many things that do not work.
    As I said, the A64AB worked for me and you are only A.
    Sorry my bad English