• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Does reflashing stock rom bring back camera quality?

Search This thread

Cheese92

Apr 23, 2013
Hi guys. I know that the moment you install a custom rom you loose a bit in camera quality. Two questions.
1) Does camera quality go back to original when you flash a stock image?
2) Does camera quality drop if you unlock bl, root, but NOT install any custom recovery?

Thank you for your answers :)

Hitman478™

Hi guys. I know that the moment you install a custom rom you loose a bit in camera quality. Two questions.
2) Does camera quality drop if you unlock bl, root, but NOT install any custom recovery?

1) yes it does
2) camera quality only depends on camera app you use ;)

Reactions: Cheese92

Hitman478™

Thank you. I thought it was different because with op3 if you flashed stock camera app you still wouldn't have good camera quality, would you?

Do you have any idea on how bad are cameras in custom roms as up to now? I'm not asking for specific answers.. just your general thoughts :)

Sorry i don't know since i take about 3 shot at year lol :D don't use too much camera and isn't my first concern when i flash a custom.. But from what i've read everybody wants the stock oos camera on any custom and this is because any other camera app don't use all the 2 camera of the device (i think is for this don't want to say anything wrong ;))

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Yes it does
    2. Camera quality only drops when flashing a custom rom. Flashing a custom recovery, unlocking bootloader or rooting the device wont drop your camera's quality

1) yes it does
    2) camera quality only depends on camera app you use ;)