Does S20+ Exynos camer has HDR issue?

Search This thread

Sohag0910

Sep 26, 2016
Using Galaxy S20+ for about 2 weeks but noticed the HDR processing of the camera is very bad & everything in the sky is very over exposed and blown out. Every time taking a picture in indoor having a window on the shoot ether the sky on outside is very blown out or there is no light in room & some time both happens together. I'm wondering is there any HDR mechanism at all in the camera?

Attachments

• 20200620_075936.jpg
    20200620_075936.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 175
Using Galaxy S20+ for about 2 weeks but noticed the HDR processing of the camera is very bad & everything in the sky is very over exposed and blown out. Every time taking a picture in indoor having a window on the shoot ether the sky on outside is very blown out or there is no light in room & some time both happens together. I'm wondering is there any HDR mechanism at all in the camera?
If you mean by the white tint at the curtain, thats the glare from the light on the camera lens. Can't be avoided by software.

I'm the old days, hdr is obtained by taking the same shot with higher exposure setting, normal exposure setting and lower exposure setting and combine all 3 into one.

In modern camera, it is done automatically and usually only up and down a few steps.

Unfortunately for your case, it require more than just a few steps. The brightness difference is just too great between outside and inside.

If you really want to take those unimpressive shots, what you can do is focus outside and set the exposure for outside. Then switch on the flash and use it as fill in flash. The shot will come out better.

But honestly try to take something better.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
It's because the camera is exposing for the dark interior, and the sky outside is far too bright for even HDR to compensate for.
As mentioned, you can set the exposure for the sky outside, and use a fill flash to bring up the brightness of the room you're in.

nyttnick

Oct 25, 2011
Are you sure you have the hdr activated? Exynos are known to be better than the snapdragon regarding hdr, and it works flawless on my ultra.

Sohag0910

Sep 26, 2016
Are you sure you have the hdr activated? Exynos are known to be better than the snapdragon regarding hdr, and it works flawless on my ultra.

HDR was activated & seen many phones handle this situation better than this. All the current Huawei, apple, Google or even oneplus phone has much better HDR processing than this

HDR was activated & seen many phones handle this situation better than this. All the current Huawei, apple, Google or even oneplus phone has much better HDR processing than this
There is no hdr in the world that can salvage that unless you do it manually or use an dslr and adjust the steps to larger steps.

Reactions: juliheavy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no hdr in the world that can salvage that unless you do it manually or use an dslr and adjust the steps to larger steps.