Question Does shifting into custom roms solve the ghost touch issue?

Search This thread

hameem3105

Jan 27, 2018
I'm on miui version 12.5.3 RJUINXM. I have been getting lots ghost touches lately and its really annoying. This is mainly the reason i have decided to install Arrow OS.
Anyone out there getting ghost touches on arrowos? Will changing the ROM fix the problem or, should i just wait for another miui update?

0b4

May 8, 2012
Nothing fixes the ghost touch issue, I tried every rom and every version of MIUI. Totally pointless. If you have warranty, use it, and send back this piece of c**p.

allan_sundry

Feb 25, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
There's a rumor at the 4pda portal that ghost ghost touch issue could fixed by setting tight connection between display cable and motherboard.

Another rumor is connection between case usage and ghost touch.

TioCareca

Sep 8, 2010
Barreiro
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
Ghost touch is related to display panel, tianma or huaxing, tianma got ghost touch...
It may be hard to fix because fixing tianma ghost touch may cause huaxing to became buggy, i saw that on poco f1 as rom devs needed to make 2 version of the roms to each panel until a middle term could be reached...
Xiaomi got that bad habit to get 2 different panels to same phone...

fudi2002

Nov 29, 2016
12.5.3 has been complained about by several, including me. I switched back to 12.0.6, perfect ever since. On the other hand, several people confirmed by telegram that 12.5.4 is good.

Reactions: rana103

Skytsengel

Nov 2, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
i have the same problem... i dont have warranty of the phone so, i have a piece of ****... i need to buy a new phone... i cant wait to another version of miui... itso so annoying for me

jarco1

Jul 25, 2016
For me, it has helped now to set the refresh rate and the screen to 60 Hz. We'll see for how long. All other activities did not help, including the game turbo exclusion.

jarco1

Jul 25, 2016
Unfortunately, but with the 60 Hz refresh, the touch has gone crazy once, but it probably happens less often

jarco1

Jul 25, 2016
Thanks. I checked my tianma. I found such a coincidence "MDPPLATFORM_PANEL_TIANMA_NT36672C_J20S_LCD_VIDEO" How do you think to advertise the phone?

rana103

Nov 5, 2012
Dhaka
12.5.3 has been complained about by several, including me. I switched back to 12.0.6, perfect ever since. On the other hand, several people confirmed by telegram that 12.5.4 is good.
Same experience here also. Although after 12.5.4 tried custom rom. Ghost touch is like my neighbor now. Any custom rom u trying now after 12.5.4 ???

Areasu

Oct 23, 2021
I'm on miui version 12.5.3 RJUINXM. I have been getting lots ghost touches lately and its really annoying. This is mainly the reason i have decided to install Arrow OS.
Anyone out there getting ghost touches on arrowos? Will changing the ROM fix the problem or, should i just wait for another miui update?
Update to 12.5.5 it solves it

jpl90

Feb 28, 2012
Hi, I bought a few days ago an X3 Pro 6GB and it also has the Tianma panel :(. So far, no issues, but I'm reading bad experiences everywhere...
I would really love to try custom roms, but in that case isn't warranty voided? Or how do you manage to try custom roms and then claim warranty?
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ghost touch is related to display panel, tianma or huaxing, tianma got ghost touch...
    It may be hard to fix because fixing tianma ghost touch may cause huaxing to became buggy, i saw that on poco f1 as rom devs needed to make 2 version of the roms to each panel until a middle term could be reached...
    Xiaomi got that bad habit to get 2 different panels to same phone...
    Did you use pixel plus ui? I hear its quite stable
    I did. Didn't solve ghost touch for me.
    So, did you claim your warranty?
    The store disappeared where I bought the phone from so I don't have warranty...
    Hi, I bought a few days ago an X3 Pro 6GB and it also has the Tianma panel :(. So far, no issues, but I'm reading bad experiences everywhere...
    I would really love to try custom roms, but in that case isn't warranty voided? Or how do you manage to try custom roms and then claim warranty?
    Thanks!
    Flash stock and relock bootloader. Then go to service centre.