Does T-Mobile OP8 5G Support Dual-Sim if on Global Firmware?

Search This thread

acostmisa

Apr 7, 2016
I have followed all the steps and I even changed the imei and the sim2 still does not get signal. i have installed, India, EU and Global rom and nothing

acostmisa

Apr 7, 2016
As you can see it recognize the sim2 but not get signal
Screenshot_20210929-090731.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-091507.jpg
    Screenshot_20210929-091507.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 190

VovaKhari

Feb 8, 2022
The phone sees two SIM cards, but the second does not destroy the signal.
There is a person who understands the system partition, I, that there is such a memory section that is responsible for the operation of the baseband for two SIM cards, but on the tmobile version it is blocked, you need to edit this section and both SIM cards will work.
Help pls

VovaKhari

Feb 8, 2022
I'm trying to find a way to get the second SIM card to catch the network.
In general, with the help of QPST, I made a backup and started looking, looking for imei for a second SIM card
found interesting lines
There are two arrays for sim1 and sim2
But for sim2 the array is not full.
I am attaching screenshots.
there is no second imei.
I think there is a person who understands this and will be able to correctly register imei
SIMIMEI.png

Reactions: FoxyDrew

daxiaamu

Mar 11, 2011
www.daxiaamu.com
In general, with the help of QPST, I made a backup and started looking, looking for imei for a second SIM card
found interesting lines
there is no second imei.
I think there is a person who understands this and will be able to correctly register imeiView attachment 5534443
There is a tool to patch *.xqcn file for dual sim , I tried, but useless. Here is the tool

badshah99

Jul 2, 2016
Pakistan
OnePlus 8
found interesting lines
there is no second imei.
I think there is a person who understands this and will be able to correctly register imeiView attachment 5534443
just copy that and paste under array sim 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you try using 2 sim cards ? Both working fine ? If yes, please share the guide with us. Thanks.
    1. First of all unlock bootloader and u also have permanent sim unlock from t-mobile.
    2.After unlocking your phone will restart, setup your oneplus 8 and enable developer mode and in developer mode enable "usb debugging" .
    Note: You must have working adb/fastboot drivers.
    3. now restart your phone to bootloader.
    4. Download any android 10 fastboot Rom from xda developer.
    "I have tested this : https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastbootroms/files/OnePlus 8/10.5.9-EUROPE-OnePlus8Oxygen_15.E.18_OTA_018_all_2007160043_913306-FASTBOOT.zip/download
    4.1. For flashing this rom your phone has to be in fastboot mode.
    5. After downloading extract the rom and open extracted folder and double click "flah_all.bat
    5.1.connect your phone to computer in fastboot mode and enter "Y"
    wait for 5 to 7 minutes, in this process your oneplus will restart to recovery mode but never unplug the cable or use your phone during installation.

Note: i have tested dual sim with dual sim tray.
    I was curious as a colleuge of mine recently purchased the OP8 5G from T-Mobile rather than directly from OnePlus. The sim tray only supports one SIM, and I am assuming that as it has been done historically on prior OP devices, the T-Mobile OP software only supports one sim card. I am unsure as to whether the T-Mobile variant has hardware to support two sims or not, but I think it may only a software issue. Would rooting and flashing to get onto the Global firmware enable dual-sim support for a OP8 5G T-Mobile variant?

Thank you,
    Yes I have successfully convert my T-Mobile OnePlus 8 to global ROM and now I have dual sim compatibility.
    do i need to root to begin with ?
    Brother i think just flash the EU rom without root, if after converting you face any signal or fingerprint issue just re-flash the T-mobile rom with MSM tool.Root is mandatory for backup of presists and modem images.
    That's so weird. I flashed the same version if EU ROM but didn't get dual SIMs. Do you remember which version if TMO ROM before flashing EU.10.5.9?
    Thanks
    Brother after flashing eu10.5.9 just update your OnePlus to latest 11.0.8.8 (because dual sim compatibility is only available in android 11/oxygen 11) and then lock the bootloader after locking your phone will rest and u will see dual sim compatibility after setup.
    Maybe looks wired but works for me