Does the MHL adapter (micro usb to hdmi) work on the M8?

Search This thread

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
I've been unable to make it work.) the phone enters MHL mode but the TV (tried several different tvs and protectors) doesn't show any image.
I'm I the only one?

Cheers

Deonix

Dec 13, 2009
Bucharest
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Worked for me with a HP MHL Enabled monitor. Just be sure the input is marked MHL ready. Not all HDMIs on a device are MHL Enabled. THere was some scanning, manual for my monitor as i kept the connection to the workstation alive while connecting another device (the phone). You can try a different ROM from XDA. I see it mostly as a software issue. The phone needs to start some services when connecting.

Reactions: adheesio

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
Worked for me with a HP MHL Enabled monitor. Just be sure the input is marked MHL ready. Not all HDMIs on a device are MHL Enabled. THere was some scanning, manual for my monitor as i kept the connection to the workstation alive while connecting another device (the phone). You can try a different ROM from XDA. I see it mostly as a software issue. The phone needs to start some services when connecting.
Thanks for your answer.
My old galaxy S4 and S3 worked flawlessly. With the M8 I've tried 3 different adapters on 2 tvs and one projector and it just doesn't work. I didn't know that the TV had to be MHL compatible, never heard about that before, are you absolutely sure? Isn't hdmi a universal thing? I've tried custom ROMs, same thing. I don't get it. :(

Cheers

Jan 25, 2013
Burgas
I think the adapters for Samsung and HTC are different. There are 5-pin adapters for the HTC and 11-pin for the Samsung and there isn't backward compatibility I think. You should check this first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.