• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Does the new Oct 20th update fix HR?

Search This thread

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
Fix it? It is supposed to improve accuracy. According to the developer who did the watch faces I use this was an issue with the watch face developer tool (Watch Face Studio) and not the watch. I had the same issue and several weeks ago they came out with new version of Watch Face Studio. He updated the faces with new version and HR works great now.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtOttawa

dreamtheater39

Oct 3, 2004
Bangalore
www.youtube.com
Fix it? It is supposed to improve accuracy. According to the developer who did the watch faces I use this was an issue with the watch face developer tool (Watch Face Studio) and not the watch. I had the same issue and several weeks ago they came out with new version of Watch Face Studio. He updated the faces with new version and HR works great now.
Oh.

But all wear os watch faces don't work either - so I thought it was something to do with the firmware.

Which 3rd party watch face do you use where heart rate complication works? Does it work in real-time like all the other samsung stock watch faces?

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
Oh.

But all wear os watch faces don't work either - so I thought it was something to do with the firmware.

Which 3rd party watch face do you use where heart rate complication works? Does it work in real-time like all the other samsung stock watch faces?
I use Mateo Dini faces as well. With his faces it gives you a new HR number when you tap the HR on face. Before the Watch Face Studio update this feature was not working. I think him doing it this way was intentional. Not sure why.

The stock faces do not do it in real time (when you turn wrist). I never use stock faces but I tried one for a bit to test. The number is changing so I imagine it is value of when HR measurement was last taken. If your watch is set to every 10 minutes (as mine is) the face will probably have different value every 10 minutes.

I plan on asking Matteo about this. I suspect there is some issue with Watch Face Studio and setting up face to get the last measurement from the watch. I don't believe this is issue with firmware on watch.

Happy to help - still waiting on the update here in Canada. Did it fix the silent notifications issue with Gmail?
My Gmail notifications weren't a big issue. The issue I've had with notifications is sometimes I either wouldn't get some, or I would but no sound, vibration, and it didn't pop up on the screen, but they would be on the watch. But for all apps, not just Gmail. I guess I haven't really paid much attention today, but I'm pretty sure I got all of them. I'll report back tomorrow.

I did just notice that the laser stopped flickering and is just full on... Not t sure what's up with that. I rebooted, same. Hopefully it passes.

Reactions: jtOttawa

mascool

May 5, 2009
LA
I use Mateo Dini faces as well. With his faces it gives you a new HR number when you tap the HR on face. Before the Watch Face Studio update this feature was not working. I think him doing it this way was intentional. Not sure why.

The stock faces do not do it in real time (when you turn wrist). I never use stock faces but I tried one for a bit to test. The number is changing so I imagine it is value of when HR measurement was last taken. If your watch is set to every 10 minutes (as mine is) the face will probably have different value every 10 minutes.

I plan on asking Matteo about this. I suspect there is some issue with Watch Face Studio and setting up face to get the last measurement from the watch. I don't believe this is issue with firmware on watch.
I use a Matteo Dini face as well MD111, however there's no way to display UV index in the complications. Know any MD faces that can show it ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No idea but now my notifications get stuck on their respective logos instead of fully opening...
    The solution for this is on Reddit - you have the option to select detailed notifications in the notifications settings.
    The solution for this is on Reddit - you have the option to select detailed notifications in the notifications settings.
    My man! Thanks for that! It worked before I updated last night. Glad it's back.
    Happy to help - still waiting on the update here in Canada. Did it fix the silent notifications issue with Gmail?
    My Gmail notifications weren't a big issue. The issue I've had with notifications is sometimes I either wouldn't get some, or I would but no sound, vibration, and it didn't pop up on the screen, but they would be on the watch. But for all apps, not just Gmail. I guess I haven't really paid much attention today, but I'm pretty sure I got all of them. I'll report back tomorrow.

I did just notice that the laser stopped flickering and is just full on... Not t sure what's up with that. I rebooted, same. Hopefully it passes.