Does the Oppo Find X5 Pro 5G Chinese Version (Model No: PFEM10) actually work in the USA on GSM networks (T-Mobile / AT&T)?

Search This thread

dipleg

Jan 15, 2020
I've heard conflicting things regarding band support on this device.

These are the bands supported by the PFEM10 model, with the bold ones used by T-Mobile in specific for their 4G LTE connectivity:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66 - China

The only band missing is band 71, but otherwise the device has 5/6 4G bands needed for connectivity. The reason I'm asking is because I have a friend who imported the device from Hong Kong to the USA and he says when he plugs in his T-Mobile SIM to the device, he can't get 4G connectivity or any connectivity whatsoever. WiFi works fine, but no mobile data. We already called to try to activate the phone and was told by T-Mobile support "this device is not compatible with our network", even though the phone is factory unlocked and GSM-based.

Am I missing something here, or is there more to the picture than just band support?

g1xx3r

Jan 2, 2012
Florida
I've heard conflicting things regarding band support on this device.

These are the bands supported by the PFEM10 model, with the bold ones used by T-Mobile in specific for their 4G LTE connectivity:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66 - China

The only band missing is band 71, but otherwise the device has 5/6 4G bands needed for connectivity. The reason I'm asking is because I have a friend who imported the device from Hong Kong to the USA and he says when he plugs in his T-Mobile SIM to the device, he can't get 4G connectivity or any connectivity whatsoever. WiFi works fine, but no mobile data. We already called to try to activate the phone and was told by T-Mobile support "this device is not compatible with our network", even though the phone is factory unlocked and GSM-based.

Am I missing something here, or is there more to the picture than just band support?
Try entering the IME numbers in T-mobiles web site(bring your own device page). When I was researching this(I'm on T-Mobile) some were incompatible. I have the global version and have 4g connectivity but no 5G. HD voice also works even though the indicator does not show on the status bar(it shows in the dialer screen.

BTW..forget about AT&T. They wont support the phone AT ALL! I left them because my Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra worked fine on 5g until the 3g shutdown. They basically told me tough nuts so I left for T-Mobile.

Last edited:

dipleg

Jan 15, 2020
Try entering the IME numbers in T-mobiles web site(bring your own device page). When I was researching this(I'm on T-Mobile) some were incompatible. I have the global version and have 4g connectivity but no 5G. HD voice also works even though the indicator does not show on the status bar(it shows in the dialer screen.

BTW..forget about AT&T. They wont support the phone AT ALL! I left them because my Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra worked fine on 5g until the 3g shutdown. They basically told me tough nuts so I left for T-Mobile.
Thanks for the reply man, I feel like we're the only ones here lol. I found an app on the Play store that allows you to take the first few numbers of a dummy IMEI and it fills in the rest of the numbers. I copy and pasted some variants of my Chinese IMEI version, and none of them works with t-mobile. I found a dummy IMEI number for the international version of this phone and made a few variants, plug them all into T-Mobile and they all say compatible, so looks good. So I'm pretty convinced that the international version will have 4G connectivity from your reports and a few other sources. I'm actually on MetroPCS but I know they use T-Mobile's infrastructure so I would assume it would be the same thing.

Another interesting thing is on Mint Mobile's IMEI compatibility checker, it gives some good detail... I typed in the Chinese IMEI and it said the phone did not support VoLTE, but I type in the IMEI number for international version and it says that it DOES support VoLTE. So my conclusion at this point is that the Chinese PFEM10 Oppo Find X5 Pro DOES support VoLTE but not specifically T-Mobile/MetroPCS's USA-based carrier implementation of VoLTE so it won't work despite the device having the compatible bands? Does that sound logical?

So do you have the options for things like volte and Wi-Fi calling under your sim settings on the global version?

g1xx3r

Jan 2, 2012
Florida
Thanks for the reply man, I feel like we're the only ones here lol. I found an app on the Play store that allows you to take the first few numbers of a dummy IMEI and it fills in the rest of the numbers. I copy and pasted some variants of my Chinese IMEI version, and none of them works with t-mobile. I found a dummy IMEI number for the international version of this phone and made a few variants, plug them all into T-Mobile and they all say compatible, so looks good. So I'm pretty convinced that the international version will have 4G connectivity from your reports and a few other sources. I'm actually on MetroPCS but I know they use T-Mobile's infrastructure so I would assume it would be the same thing.

Another interesting thing is on Mint Mobile's IMEI compatibility checker, it gives some good detail... I typed in the Chinese IMEI and it said the phone did not support VoLTE, but I type in the IMEI number for international version and it says that it DOES support VoLTE. So my conclusion at this point is that the Chinese PFEM10 Oppo Find X5 Pro DOES support VoLTE but not specifically T-Mobile/MetroPCS's USA-based carrier implementation of VoLTE so it won't work despite the device having the compatible bands? Does that sound logical?

So do you have the options for things like volte and Wi-Fi calling under your sim settings on the global version?
Yeah,I thought more people would chime in on this lol don't see the normal options for either but when I'm on a call, HD lights up and my calls are crystal clear.

edmang

May 15, 2022
I have now owned the PFEM10 in USA on T-Mobile for about a week and my unit connected to my service almost instantly after I moved my SIM over from my IN2025(Oneplus 8 Pro). Everything works fine but no 5G indicator on status bar. I have confirmed using the app "Network Cell Info Lite" that it does connect to the n41 band however and still can get over 100 Mbps download speeds. HD calling works too.

Attachments

• IMG_20220515_113847.jpg
    IMG_20220515_113847.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20220515_113720.jpg
    IMG_20220515_113720.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 40

edmang

May 15, 2022
Also, something odd but hasn't really caused an issue. On my old phone, when going into Mobile Network settings, you would find a "Preferred network type" option allowing you to limit the phone connection to 5G/4G/3G etc. but on this phone you do not get that, or many settings for cell data at all, at least in my experience on the T-Mobile network.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-15-11-42-59-68_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-15-11-42-59-68_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 51

ZF2ZF3

Jan 1, 2019
I just received a new PFEM10 and after inseted my italian SIM the roaming is with AT&T 5G and hd voice (see attached)
They messaged me that I can use sms and data but no phone call.
I don't know if is because the phone is not registered with them or something else. Also msg. work on T-Mobile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-02-11-55-41-46_b783bf344239542886fee7b48fa4b892.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-02-11-55-41-46_b783bf344239542886fee7b48fa4b892.jpg
    965.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: