Question Does the S22 Ultra allow

Search This thread

robbiegreene508

Sep 28, 2013
Does it allow 3d scanning or use of the Samsung 3d scanner app? I had it on my Note 10, bougjt my 20 Ultra and have since gotten big into printing so I miss having the option to mess with it, and now I'm looking for a new phone. And does the Fold 3 have the ability? I tried to search here and online in general, even YouTube but all I come across is info for the older Note 10s, another manufacturer, or someone asking the same question and not getting a response. If both if these phones have the ability (or I determine 3d scanning isn't a deciding factor), which phone would you guys recommend; although I apologize, I'm sure it's been answered ad nauseam, but I haven't searched and I'm already asking about 3d scanning so I might as well include this here too! Thanks in advance.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Well you could do what some of us have done, get a N975U1 even though it's 3 years old, it's has it's advantages in form factor, display and more. Bonus it's ram seems to handle heavy loading better than the S22U and in actual use is only slightly slower; actually faster once the ram gets loaded up. New ones are running on Q.
New ones can still be had.

Does it allow 3d scanning or use of the Samsung 3d scanner app? I had it on my Note 10, bougjt my 20 Ultra and have since gotten big into printing so I miss having the option to mess with it, and now I'm looking for a new phone. And does the Fold 3 have the ability? I tried to search here and online in general, even YouTube but all I come across is info for the older Note 10s, another manufacturer, or someone asking the same question and not getting a response. If both if these phones have the ability (or I determine 3d scanning isn't a deciding factor), which phone would you guys recommend; although I apologize, I'm sure it's been answered ad nauseam, but I haven't searched and I'm already asking about 3d scanning so I might as well include this here too! Thanks in advance.
Samsung's 3D scanning app is not yet available on the S22 or Fold. It was only on the Note 10 and Note 20. The S21 didn't get it either.

I recommend the S22 Ultra, I have one and it's a great phone. My wife and daughter have the S22+ and S22, respectively, and they both are very happy with them.

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
If you had a Note 10+ and not a note 10, isn't it because the Note 10+ has a ToF sensor and the S22U not?
This is correct, Samsung removed the ToF sensor after the S20 Ultra and opted to use the laser autofocus module for more accurate focus starting with the Note 20 Ultra.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.