Does the T-Mobile OnePlus 8T not have Always-On Display available?

Search This thread

kinnesotan

Nov 25, 2014
Twin Cities
I was lucky enough to get my 8T in the mail today, and one of the first things I wanted to enable was Always-on Display. It doesn't seem like it's available on the T-Mobile variant of the device.

On the reviews I've seen, there is an option called "when to show" in the Ambient Display section to either schedule your AOD or have it on all the time. I have attached two screenshots, one from Android Authority's review and one from my device. The setting is not available.

Let me know if you have any ideas!

Link to Android Authority screenshot: https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/...20/10/OnePlus-8T-ambient-display-settings.jpg
Link to screenshot from my OnePlus 8T: https://i.imgur.com/bRnm4cC.jpg

jcsww

There seems to be a lot of incorrect information out there about the T-Mobile variant. GSM Arena lists the OnePlus 8T+ 5G as being dual-SIM, which it isn't. That's probably just someone's lazy copy and paste mistake, but still. T-Mobile lists n24 as one of the 5G bands, which I think is a mistake as well. No one from T-Mobile has gotten back to me on that though. It seems to lack n5 and potentially n24 should have been n25, but getting the facts seems to be a challenge.

Edit: Also, the T-Mobile firmware for the device more than likely doesn't support the OnePlus Buds either. The OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 8 with T-Mobile firmware do not support the OnePlus Buds natively.

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Yeah no always on display on the T-Mobile version...

Does the unlocked version have Google dialer and messages by default? The T-Mobile version has the oneplus apps for both.

A

A1TOTHEMAX

Nothing here!

I've also received my oneplus 8t today from T-Mobile, well technically yesterday and been trying to activate aod all day, just couldn't find anything... Hope something comes up soon-

bkeaver

Do we know if the difference between tmo and global variant will make it not possible to covert it to global f/w like I did on my tmo 7T?
It should be able to be converted like any other OP variant. There is nothing different hardware wise between the 2 as far as anything I have read besides the IP rating.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Don't know if this is a good thing, or a bad thing, but it confirms my belief to never buy a phone through a carrier ever again!
Unlocked all the way!

cammykool

I swear saw a post here with him offering it but when I went back it was gone. Either he deleted it or it was on another 8 series forum. Either way I got tmo to unlock mine... Now just waiting on OnePlus to pull their heads out of their asses.
I'm waiting till I send back my 7,T first to show I didn't violate the guys trust last time he did it lol. What did you tell them to get them to do it.

ATTLAS_

Aug 12, 2017
Yeah no always on display on the T-Mobile version...

Does the unlocked version have Google dialer and messages by default? The T-Mobile version has the oneplus apps for both.
I have an unlocked 8T (UK) and I have the Google dialler and messages app as defaults, but strangely I don't have the OP apps.