• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories Does the X3 Pro need a tempered glass?

Search This thread

Superbia_

Aug 3, 2021
I kinda want to get mine removed cuz the fit is weird (sides are not fully covered) and just use it as it is. Is it fine or will it get easily scratched?

sanijsnj

I kinda want to get mine removed cuz the fit is weird (sides are not fully covered) and just use it as it is. Is it fine or will it get easily scratched?
gorilla glass is an extremely shatter/scratch resistant glass.... I've had htc e8, redmi 5+ fell from at least 1m, they were still good, for my xiaomi phones i usually use the included case for added protection.... you can also use flip cases which will protect the whole phone... there are very nice flip/wallet cases for pocox3...
anyway...here's a picture of my screen after 4-5 months of usage without any screen protector.. no scratches yet, ignore the dust... your experience may vary xD

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_213334.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:

i_sagnik

Sep 3, 2021
West Bengal
I just use the ringke fusionx camo case, no tempered glass. Tempered glass is kind of gimmicky, I never would use a cheapo $2 to $5 screen protection. As I paid for gorilla glass 6 and also love it's clarity and feel which no cheap tempered glass can provide me. Anyways, gorilla glass is quite tough and I use my phone carefully like a gentleman! I even use the ringke camp case because I like its look, and also it is military grade certified. Moreover, we use our phone for 2-5years only, after that is just a sandwich! So, why not use it in its true glory!

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
is up to personal preference to get protector or not
i use hydrogel protector, i have a bulky casing already so yea...

Superbia_

Aug 3, 2021
Thanks for the input, I removed my tempered glass now and it looks and feels better. Another question is how do you guys clean your screen? Do you guys use alcohol/water?

Reactions: i_sagnik

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Never use alcohol to clean phone lcd screens, it can damage oleophobic coating.
And yes i agree the factory screen protector that comes with this phone is utter trash, remove it ASAP. Phone feels much better without it, both in terms of display quality and just general touch feel. If this is really Gorilla Glass then you shouldn't worry too much about scratching it. (i wouldn't trust Xiaomi on anything though lol)

Last edited:

Superbia_

Aug 3, 2021
And yes i agree the factory screen protector that comes with this phone is utter trash, remove it ASAP. Phone feels much better without it, both in terms of display quality and just general touch feel. If this is really Gorilla Glass then you shouldn't worry too much about scratching it. (i wouldn't trust Xiaomi on anything though lol)
I see, so just water then?

jarco1

Jul 25, 2016
I also do not use protective glass. I downloaded the foil right after I bought the phone. I have only the case on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Factory protection is plastic, if I remember correctly. It gives pretty bad feel. Uncovered screen is smooth and nice to touch.
    Thanks for the input, I removed my tempered glass now and it looks and feels better. Another question is how do you guys clean your screen? Do you guys use alcohol/water?
    I use semen... Just kidding
    Rubbing with a damp microfiber cloth works fine for me and renders the screen shining!