Question Does the X3 Pro support project treble?

Search This thread

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
Our phone seem to work well with gsi roms. I have tried Havoc, Crdroid and Caos. They are all successfully flashed via fastbootd. One common bug of these gsi roms is broken sound but they can be fixed by installing Viper4Android through Magisk. Get the arm64-bgN-userdebug (with gapp and magisk supported) version. The link for havoc-arm64-bgN-userdebug.img is https://sourceforge.net/projects/braiagsi/files/HavocOS/4.3/ .

I have been using Havoc as my daily driver. It is stable and smooth and no bug (except dt2w not working which is a feature not bug) noticed so far for my type of usage.

Attachments

• havoc-2.png
    havoc-2.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 154
  • havoc-1.png
    havoc-1.png
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • havoc-3.png
    havoc-3.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Crdroid-3.png
    Crdroid-3.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 155

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009

hey @jngiag, would it be fine if you could give just a brief steps on how to flash one of these roms?​

Sure. This is what I have done:-

1) OrangeFox Recovery -> format data
2) In Pc
./fastboot devices
./fastboot reboot fastboot
./fastboot erase system
./fastboot flash system havoc-arm64-bgN-userdebug.img
./fastboot flash boot boot_magisk.img (boot_magisk.img prepared separately)
./fastboot reboot

3) Fix
a) Magisk -> Update magisk
b) Fix “Device is not Play Protect certified”
-> install Device+ID.apk -> get Google Service Framework (GSF)
-> Go to Google’s Device Registration page here and type your GSF ID on the Android ID box and tap Register
c) Viper4Android -> Magisk -> flash ViperFX_Android11.zip -> flash Ainur Narsil
-> Setting -> Phh Treble Settings -> Qualcomm features -> use alternate audio policy (optional for better sound)
d) Refresh Rate Setting -> Qualcomm features -> Misc features -> Force FPS -> [email protected] (optional)

Linkfire360

Feb 4, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Our phone seem to work well with gsi roms. I have tried Havoc, Crdroid and Caos. They are all successfully flashed via fastbootd. One common bug of these gsi roms is broken sound but they can be fixed by installing Viper4Android through Magisk. Get the arm64-bgN-userdebug (with gapp and magisk supported) version. The link for havoc-arm64-bgN-userdebug.img is https://sourceforge.net/projects/braiagsi/files/HavocOS/4.3/ .

I have been using Havoc as my daily driver. It is stable and smooth and no bug (except dt2w not working which is a feature not bug) noticed so far for my type of usage.
Does it pass safetynet?

as400l

Apr 8, 2021
Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship
I finally settled on CAOS. A piece of advice to add to @jngiag post:

1. Sound is distorted even after installing Viper4Android. To overcome this problem head to Settings --> Phh Treble Settings --> Misc Features --> check "Disable audio effects".

2. There is a problem with backllight not behaving correctly. To correct this go to Settings --> Phh Treble Settings --> Misc Features --> check "Force alternative backlight scale".

@Linkfire360 - there are 4 ways to pass safety net in CAOS. Go ahead and read --> https://github.com/eremitein/treble-patches/wiki/CAOS11-Project

pryggi

Aug 27, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thanks guys for the instructions and tips.

I managed to get crDroid 7.5 (crDrom11) flashed crdrom-v306-210425-arm64-bgZ.img. Had to switch from Pbrp recovery to OrangeFox. With Pbrp the fastboot reboot fastboot didn't activate the fastbootd mode. Flashed also the miui boot.img patched by magisk.

Sound works fine, following the above tips. Adaptive brightness is a mess, usually too bright, sometimes too dark, even with the Force alternative backlight scale ticked. But it was like this also on Miui. Phone is encrypted. SE Linux is enforcing, Play store is certified with Magisk Props module and Poco X3 Pro fingerprint. DRMInfo shows L1 Widevine, but Netflix shows L3 and and only SD quality playback. DT2W does not work, even with phh treble settings - xiaomi features - DT2W enabled set. Wifi display - casting screen to Sony ATV works, chromecast also works. Android Auto works. All 4 lenses work with NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0. Charging info seems to be incorrect on lockscreen, when fast charging with original charger. Charging speed seems to be correct.

Haven't yet tested call/call recording/mobile data/NFC contactless payment functionality. Edit: NFC payment works.

Updating to new build with fastboot flash system and wiping cache worked fine.

Last edited:

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009

I managed to get crDroid 7.5 (crDrom11) flashed crdrom-v306-210425-arm64-bgZ.img. Had to switch from Pbrp recovery to OrangeFox. With Pbrp the fastboot reboot fastboot didn't activate the fastbootd mode. Flashed also the miui boot.img patched by magisk.

Sound works fine, following the above tips. Adaptive brightness is a mess, usually too bright, sometimes too dark, even with the Force alternative backlight scale ticked. But it was like this also on Miui. Phone is encrypted. SE Linux is enforcing, Play store is certified with Magisk Props module and Poco X3 Pro fingerprint. DRMInfo shows L1 Widevine, but Netflix shows L3 and and only SD quality playback. DT2W does not work, even with phh treble settings - xiaomi features - DT2W enabled set. Wifi display - casting screen to Sony ATV works, chromecast also works. Android Auto works. All 4 lenses work with NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0. Charging info seems to be incorrect on lockscreen, when fast charging with original charger. Charging speed seems to be correct.

Haven't yet tested call/call recording/mobile data/NFC contactless payment functionality. Edit: NFC payment works.

CherishOS also works by dirty flash over HavocOS.

You may also try using the new twrp by just "fastboot boot TWRP-3.5.1-vayu-Nebrassy-1.img" (keep the OrangeFox as permenant recovery) and flash it like normal recovery. Use fastbootd with OrangeFox as a combination if necessary. If gapp could be flashed separately (as what I tried on vanilla Arrow), more choices of gsi roms (vanilla version) will be available then.

Attachments

• Cherish.png
    Cherish.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reactions: pryggi

pryggi

Aug 27, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Can we flash gsi directly from twrp ?

No, phone has to be in fastbootd mode, where you can get with "fastboot reboot fastboot" command. You have to have quite recent fastboot binary/exe which supports this - download latest Android platform tools. Also the recovery on the phone has to support fastbootd, OrangeFox does.

pryggi

Aug 27, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
I tried the vanilla version of Crdroid (crdrom-v306-210428-arm64-bvZ) and flashed gapp separately using new twrp. No issue from vendor 12.0.6. Very nice rom.

I flashed the Crdrom version with gapps. It has the Google Phone app by default. I can't seems to find the call recording functionality in there. Maybe not available in my region. Does the vanilla phone app have call recording?
Anyhow, 3rd party Cube ACR seems to record okay.

My banking apps work, streaming apps DisneyPlus and Prime Video work too. Only regrets so far is the Widevine L3 and SD quality in Netflix and the bad adaptive brightness behaviour.

Crdrom11 GSI seems to have a dedicated xda thread too:

Reactions: xelrix and jngiag

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
I flashed the Crdrom version with gapps. It has the Google Phone app by default. I can't seems to find the call recording functionality in there. Maybe not available in my region. Does the vanilla phone app have call recording?
Anyhow, 3rd party Cube ACR seems to record okay.

My banking apps work, streaming apps DisneyPlus and Prime Video work too. Only regrets so far is the Widevine L3 and SD quality in Netflix and the bad adaptive brightness behaviour.

Crdrom11 GSI seems to have a dedicated xda thread too:

I can't answer you as I have moved to another rom. Likely it should be the same as the gapp version. CrDroid must be very popular and good to have a dedicated thread on it.

Will any GSI work ex. those from Phh's list or it has to be "modified" first to work with X3 Pro?
I'm thinking about flashing Pixel Experience+ (or normal) from Braialindo repo

Also - is 90hz max or is 120hz also available somewhere?

Thanks

Not all the gsi roms in Phh's list will work with our phone without modication. 90hz or 120hz setting is available.

Reactions: pryggi and Th3 Ant

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
Is it possible to know which one do work without flashing them first? Or is it just trial and error?

It is trial and error. There are more not working uaually end up in boot loader or boot loop mode. So far my known list of working gsi are:

1) Havoc (Braialindo)
2) Cherish (Braialindo) - Only if dirty flashed over Havoc
3) Crdroid R Mod (eremitein)
4) Caos (eremitein)

Version : arm64-bgz; arm64-bvz; arm64-ab-gapps; similar but vanilla version

Please share if you have additional.

AmmarHaseeb

Aug 20, 2020
No, phone has to be in fastbootd mode, where you can get with "fastboot reboot fastboot" command. You have to have quite recent fastboot binary/exe which supports this - download latest Android platform tools. Also the recovery on the phone has to support fastbootd, OrangeFox does.
Just one doubt sir , can we restore a orangefox backup after flashing GSI ?

pryggi

Aug 27, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1

Hi, OrangeFox didn't have access to data partition, so I doubt the full restore will work. I have not tested restore nor backup. Maybe it works with the new TWRP? Anyone willing to test? I already started to use this as my primary device, so do not want to experiment anymore.

Second Crdrom charge cycle with 1 sim, seems to give about 12-13h SOT, over 2 day period for my usage.
Screenshot_20210506-145428333.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-145440374.jpg

Reactions: jngiag and xelrix

Top Liked Posts

What gapps you're using?
    Have you tried bitgapps?

I use NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210501-signed.zip.

Add PixelExperience_arm64-ab-11.0 to your post - works without hassle.
    Known list of working gsi:-

1) Havoc (Braialindo)
    4) Caos (eremitein)
    5) PixelExperience_arm64-ab-11.0 (added/tested by @wojownikhaha)

Hi, OrangeFox didn't have access to data partition, so I doubt the full restore will work. I have not tested restore nor backup. Maybe it works with the new TWRP? Anyone willing to test? I already started to use this as my primary device, so do not want to experiment anymore.

Second Crdrom charge cycle with 1 sim, seems to give about 12-13h SOT, over 2 day period for my usage.
    Screenshot_20210506-145428333.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-145440374.jpg

Just to add on to @pryggi's reply. You can use twrp to backup and restore. I have used it a few times for Arrow custom rom. After backup, remember to make a copy in the Pc as twrp is not very stable yet and may have "no data" (meaning that you can't read and write to internal storage) issue in some rare occassions. For flashing in fastbootd, use OrangeFox.

hey @jngiag, would it be fine if you could give just a brief steps on how to flash one of these roms?​

Sure. This is what I have done:-

1) OrangeFox Recovery -> format data
    2) In Pc
    ./fastboot devices
    ./fastboot reboot fastboot
    ./fastboot erase system
    ./fastboot flash system havoc-arm64-bgN-userdebug.img
    ./fastboot flash boot boot_magisk.img (boot_magisk.img prepared separately)
    ./fastboot reboot

3) Fix
    a) Magisk -> Update magisk
    b) Fix “Device is not Play Protect certified”
    -> install Device+ID.apk -> get Google Service Framework (GSF)
    -> Go to Google’s Device Registration page here and type your GSF ID on the Android ID box and tap Register
    c) Viper4Android -> Magisk -> flash ViperFX_Android11.zip -> flash Ainur Narsil
    -> Setting -> Phh Treble Settings -> Qualcomm features -> use alternate audio policy (optional for better sound)
    d) Refresh Rate Setting -> Qualcomm features -> Misc features -> Force FPS -> [email protected] (optional)
    I finally settled on CAOS. A piece of advice to add to @jngiag post:

1. Sound is distorted even after installing Viper4Android. To overcome this problem head to Settings --> Phh Treble Settings --> Misc Features --> check "Disable audio effects".

2. There is a problem with backllight not behaving correctly. To correct this go to Settings --> Phh Treble Settings --> Misc Features --> check "Force alternative backlight scale".

@Linkfire360 - there are 4 ways to pass safety net in CAOS. Go ahead and read --> https://github.com/eremitein/treble-patches/wiki/CAOS11-Project
    What gapps you're using?
    Have you tried bitgapps?

I use NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210501-signed.zip.

Known list of working gsi:-

1) Havoc (Braialindo)
    4) Caos (eremitein)
    5) PixelExperience_arm64-ab-11.0 (added/tested by @wojownikhaha)

Is it possible to know which one do work without flashing them first? Or is it just trial and error?

It is trial and error. There are more not working uaually end up in boot loader or boot loop mode. So far my known list of working gsi are:

1) Havoc (Braialindo)
    4) Caos (eremitein)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode