Question Does the X3 Pro support project treble?

Search This thread

xelrix

Feb 1, 2014
It is trial and error. There are more not working uaually end up in boot loader or boot loop mode. So far my known list of working gsi are:

1) Havoc (Braialindo)
2) Cherish (Braialindo) - Only if dirty flashed over Havoc
3) Crdroid R Mod (eremitein)
4) Caos (eremitein)

Version : arm64-bgz; arm64-bvz; arm64-ab-gapps; similar but vanilla version

Please share if you have additional.
What gapps you're using?
Have you tried bitgapps?

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
Just one doubt sir , can we restore a orangefox backup after flashing GSI ?

Just to add on to @pryggi's reply. You can use twrp to backup and restore. I have used it a few times for Arrow custom rom. After backup, remember to make a copy in the Pc as twrp is not very stable yet and may have "no data" (meaning that you can't read and write to internal storage) issue in some rare occassions. For flashing in fastbootd, use OrangeFox.

Reactions: pryggi

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
What gapps you're using?
Have you tried bitgapps?

I use NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210501-signed.zip.

Add PixelExperience_arm64-ab-11.0 to your post - works without hassle.
Known list of working gsi:-

1) Havoc (Braialindo)
4) Caos (eremitein)
5) PixelExperience_arm64-ab-11.0 (added/tested by @wojownikhaha)

Th3 Ant

Mar 22, 2013
Częstochowa
Can confirm latest Pixel Experience Plus works fine...
Screenshot_20210514-010450_Settings.png

Have small issue tho - can't flash Magisk... Tried with like 5 different versions and in 2 different ways for each one - I either get bootloop or after successful flash of patched boot.img, Magisk app still doesn't see it's rooted.
Any ideas or advice?

Thanks

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
Can confirm latest Pixel Experience Plus works fine...
View attachment 5308431

Have small issue tho - can't flash Magisk... Tried with like 5 different versions and in 2 different ways for each one - I either get bootloop or after successful flash of patched boot.img, Magisk app still doesn't see it's rooted.
Any ideas or advice?

Thanks

I am only able to get magisk work in bgz version and some ab-gapps version. I think some dynamic superuser support is needed.

(Quoted from @eremitein in his LineageOS R Mod thread)
Some information you should know about knowing what type of gsi it is:-

<ARCH>_xyZ

<ARCH> can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64
x can either be a or b
y can either be v, o, g or f
Z can be N, S or Z

b = a/b
a = a-only

g = gapps
o = gapps-go
v = vanilla (no gapps included)
f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser
S = superuser included
Z = dynamic superuser included

-lite = for VNDK Lite vendors (also can help with broken camera even on normal VNDK vendors)

so in most common example "arm64_avZ" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with dynamic superuser

Reactions: pryggi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hey @jngiag, would it be fine if you could give just a brief steps on how to flash one of these roms?​

Sure. This is what I have done:-

1) OrangeFox Recovery -> format data
    2) In Pc
    ./fastboot devices
    ./fastboot reboot fastboot
    ./fastboot erase system
    ./fastboot flash system havoc-arm64-bgN-userdebug.img
    ./fastboot flash boot boot_magisk.img (boot_magisk.img prepared separately)
    ./fastboot reboot

3) Fix
    a) Magisk -> Update magisk
    b) Fix “Device is not Play Protect certified”
    -> install Device+ID.apk -> get Google Service Framework (GSF)
    -> Go to Google’s Device Registration page here and type your GSF ID on the Android ID box and tap Register
    c) Viper4Android -> Magisk -> flash ViperFX_Android11.zip -> flash Ainur Narsil
    -> Setting -> Phh Treble Settings -> Qualcomm features -> use alternate audio policy (optional for better sound)
    d) Refresh Rate Setting -> Qualcomm features -> Misc features -> Force FPS -> [email protected] (optional)
    I finally settled on CAOS. A piece of advice to add to @jngiag post:

1. Sound is distorted even after installing Viper4Android. To overcome this problem head to Settings --> Phh Treble Settings --> Misc Features --> check "Disable audio effects".

2. There is a problem with backllight not behaving correctly. To correct this go to Settings --> Phh Treble Settings --> Misc Features --> check "Force alternative backlight scale".

@Linkfire360 - there are 4 ways to pass safety net in CAOS. Go ahead and read --> https://github.com/eremitein/treble-patches/wiki/CAOS11-Project
    What gapps you're using?
    Have you tried bitgapps?

I use NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210501-signed.zip.

Add PixelExperience_arm64-ab-11.0 to your post - works without hassle.
    Known list of working gsi:-

1) Havoc (Braialindo)
    4) Caos (eremitein)
    5) PixelExperience_arm64-ab-11.0 (added/tested by @wojownikhaha)

Thanks guys for the instructions and tips.

I managed to get crDroid 7.5 (crDrom11) flashed crdrom-v306-210425-arm64-bgZ.img. Had to switch from Pbrp recovery to OrangeFox. With Pbrp the fastboot reboot fastboot didn't activate the fastbootd mode. Flashed also the miui boot.img patched by magisk.

Sound works fine, following the above tips. Adaptive brightness is a mess, usually too bright, sometimes too dark, even with the Force alternative backlight scale ticked. But it was like this also on Miui. Phone is encrypted. SE Linux is enforcing, Play store is certified with Magisk Props module and Poco X3 Pro fingerprint. DRMInfo shows L1 Widevine, but Netflix shows L3 and and only SD quality playback. DT2W does not work, even with phh treble settings - xiaomi features - DT2W enabled set. Wifi display - casting screen to Sony ATV works, chromecast also works. Android Auto works. All 4 lenses work with NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0. Charging info seems to be incorrect on lockscreen, when fast charging with original charger. Charging speed seems to be correct.

Haven't yet tested call/call recording/mobile data/NFC contactless payment functionality. Edit: NFC payment works.

Updating to new build with fastboot flash system and wiping cache worked fine.
    Is it possible to know which one do work without flashing them first? Or is it just trial and error?

It is trial and error. There are more not working uaually end up in boot loader or boot loop mode. So far my known list of working gsi are:

1) Havoc (Braialindo)
    4) Caos (eremitein)

Please share if you have additional.