• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Does the Xiaomi Mi 10/Mi 10 Pro support USB 3.1?

Search This thread

Boardcdd

Feb 21, 2020
Does the Xiaomi Mi 10/Mi 10 Pro finally support the USB 3.1?

All previous Xiaomi phones have only USB 2.0 support. Also the Black Shark series (gaming smartphones).

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
Hello,
Is it a problem Mi 10 supports only USB 2.0? Should I abstain from buying?
Regards

I don't see USB 2.0 as a major issue, since I don't really use USB to transfer stuff to/from my phones. But I may be missing something.

To me, the lack of secure Face unlock is a bigger issue. I have the Mi Note 10 and the fingerprint sensor is hit or miss and pretty frustrating. It seems to be affected by lighting conditions and of course freshly washed hands.I have to punch in the code about 30% of the time. Under screen FP sensors just suck, which is why Apple simply decided not to use them.

QAM

Jun 3, 2008
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I don't see USB 2.0 as a major issue, since I don't really use USB to transfer stuff to/from my phones. But I may be missing something.

To me, the lack of secure Face unlock is a bigger issue. I have the Mi Note 10 and the fingerprint sensor is hit or miss and pretty frustrating. It seems to be affected by lighting conditions and of course freshly washed hands.I have to punch in the code about 30% of the time. Under screen FP sensors just suck, which is why Apple simply decided not to use them.

I will jump in and say that you are correct about in display fingerprint readers - the current technology available simply sucks compared to the old fashioned fingerprinter readers of yesteryear. I change phones every few months, and I truly missed the old fp readers - they were always dependable. I have used the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, the Samsung Galaxy S10 (though their tech is based on ultrasonic scanner), Xiaomi Mi 9, and the OnePlus 7... only the OnePlus 7, because they have a larger embedded scanner and scanning area was really usable.

I am waiting on the Mi 10 only hoping that it is at least a better than the Mi 9. Not many YouTubers have reviewed these fingerprint readers in depth except one or two but then again it all comes down to personal usage.

JoeTF

Aug 20, 2011
Does the Xiaomi Mi 10/Mi 10 Pro finally support the USB 3.1?

All previous Xiaomi phones have only USB 2.0 support. Also the Black Shark series (gaming smartphones).

Bump!

Can anyone with the device actually check?

USB 3.0 implies displayport video over hdmi cable, which makes it super easy to connect the phone to TV screens, mouse/keyboard/storage and turn it into pocketable computer:)

skanskan

Oct 16, 2013

I just have a Xiaomi Mi8, it uses USB2.0, and it's really exasperating.
I use it very often to upload the videos I have recorded and to download maps and other stuff, and it takes 20 times more time than other smartphones with usb3.0.
It's unacceptable that Xiaomi keeps using this very old connection protocol.