Question Does the XT2093 have a history of forcing updates?

Search This thread

bouyakasha

Jan 23, 2008
The Nord N100 was found to have a history with the T-Mobile and Metro versions of software to force updates even if "Automatic system updates" is togged off in Developer Options.

Does the XT2093 ever do that? Anyone ever heard of it doing that?

I haven't had any problems with forced system updates per se. While devops option to disable automatic updates COUPLED with the moto system update app set to disallow automatic installation, I find when there is an update it tells me so and I can then perform a manual download and installation. So it works.

bouyakasha

Jan 23, 2008
Thank you very much for this tip. I need to go in and find that moto system update app and disallow it.

bouyakasha

Jan 23, 2008
I am having a hard time finding this moto system update app. I see the "Moto" app on my phone but don't see anything in there about system update.

bouyakasha

Jan 23, 2008
I think I figured it out. You mean this screen, right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220707-220814.png
    Screenshot_20220707-220814.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 14
I think I figured it out. You mean this screen, right?
Yep that's the screen. I should had mentioned it's a menu option within the Android Settings menu screen and not a launchable app.

Keep in mind as is noted as a footnote in the Smart Update screen, security updates will download and install automatically even if the option is turned off. You might end up seeing a notification saying there's an update ready to be installed and suggesting you reboot the device. Outside of disabling the moto software update app altogether I've found no explicit method of blocking these security updates from auto installing.