does this site still allow questions/threads/discussions about pocketpcs?

failsandwich

Jan 22, 2021
canada
failsandwich.neocities.org
i know 2008 was 13 years ago and no website stays the same forever, but i know y'all used to be all about that kinda stuff back in the day, and considering how inactive other handheld computer/pocketpc communities are these days i figured i'd try my luck here.

so yeah. does this site allow questions about palmtops/handheld pcs/WinMo devices? and if so where would i post em?

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
i know 2008 was 13 years ago and no website stays the same forever, but i know y'all used to be all about that kinda stuff back in the day, and considering how inactive other handheld computer/pocketpc communities are these days i figured i'd try my luck here.

so yeah. does this site allow questions about palmtops/handheld pcs/WinMo devices? and if so where would i post em?
Hello and welcome to this forum, indeed we have the "old" device sections where you're looking for:
You'll find lot's of former devices with Windows Mobile etc.

Neewer ones are listed here for example: https://forum.xda-developers.com/all-forums-by-manufacturer

Otherwise just type the desired device within the search box on top of the website :)

failsandwich

Jan 22, 2021
canada
failsandwich.neocities.org
oh... im afraid none of those subforums apply to this particular situation. you see, im not talking about a phone. im talking about a PDA (specifically, an HP iPAQ). no cellular technology in here except *maybe* the wifi but that doesnt really count. if i missed something pls let me know, cuz i really need help with this relatively obscure issue :/

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2017
Your local skatepark
oh... im afraid none of those subforums apply to this particular situation. you see, im not talking about a phone. im talking about a PDA (specifically, an HP iPAQ). no cellular technology in here except *maybe* the wifi but that doesnt really count. if i missed something pls let me know, cuz i really need help with this relatively obscure issue :/
You can always try you rluck and post on "General", maybe start something...
Like Make a thread called [DEVICE][PDA]HP iPAQ Development Thread and try to see if people come here. Your OP could be a place were you centralize all of the good input, links, development prospect about the device.
If you managed to develop something or have already some knowledge with that device feel free to share it within the thread. It may take time but once you gather a community around the device things starts to get interesting.
Of course it won't blow up instantly, patience is key !

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
There are HP IPAQ threads available(example), just use the search function:)